Vault #23 (Pre-Announcement Discussion)

chaptertwentyone
Little People

Re: Vault #23 (Pre-Announcement Discussion)

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Melon wrote:the appeal of the cassette package is I would save $60.
Post of the day.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
scoliosispony
Little Acorn

Post by scoliosispony »

hunkswithguns wrote:What would be the appeal of having any of the albums on cassette? What am I missing??
I could listen to them
i won't let love disrupt, corrupt, or interrupt me anymore...

matthewvh
Little Cream Soda

Post by matthewvh »

Jamie wrote:I don't think Icky Thump ever got a cassette release.

I asked Blackwell about that a while back and he said that he's seen every White Stripes album in cassette-form. Even the "Walking With a Ghost" EP.
cobytate
Little Cream Soda

Post by cobytate »

i know it isn't likely, but a neil young themed package would not hurt my feelings…even if it were more record booth recordings.
BenBadner
Little Bird

Post by BenBadner »

Elephant Mono or GBMS Mono would be awesome. Though I have a feeling, this one will be non jack white. I think we get tDW 7".
I would love a slip mat for the bonus. Please!!
Fanldor III
Little Bird

Post by Fanldor III »

Anything white stripes would be great. Literally anything.
circecoen
Little Bird

Post by circecoen »

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question. Don't ask me why, but I have a feeling I won't be interested in Package #23. What would you collectors recommend I do? Would it be better to go from platinum to gold for a trimester? Or is it better to stay platinum and sell the package on ebay or trade it in for something else later on?

Can you tell I have NO trading or selling experience whatsoever? What a newbie :oops:
BenBadner
Little Bird

Post by BenBadner »

If you don't know if you want the package, you should cancel all together. Then when they announce the package, if you want it order it. or vice versa. Unless you have already paid for this quarters membership, in that case you are getting it no matter what.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

circecoen wrote:I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question. Don't ask me why, but I have a feeling I won't be interested in Package #23. What would you collectors recommend I do? Would it be better to go from platinum to gold for a trimester? Or is it better to stay platinum and sell the package on ebay or trade it in for something else later on?

Can you tell I have NO trading or selling experience whatsoever? What a newbie :oops:
BenBadner wrote:If you don't know if you want the package, you should cancel all together. Then when they announce the package, if you want it order it. or vice versa. Unless you have already paid for this quarters membership, in that case you are getting it no matter what.
If you cancel your subscription because you don't want a particular package, then you don't have access to other Vault offerings, like subscription-only posts, pre-sales, Vault Novelties store, etc., so bear that in mind. If those things are important to you, then it'd be better to cancel Platinum and go Gold temporarily.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

I have mine setup now to pay on the 30th of each quarter. If I want the package I'll let it ride if not I'll cancel and wait for next quarter. The packages for a while have been getting better and better. I do think GBMS will have a vault release of some sort. I'm not sure if it will be #24 or #25 though. I'm thinking more towards #25 though due to the fact it will be closer to the 6/7/05 original release date.
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
scoliosispony
Little Acorn

Post by scoliosispony »

circecoen wrote:I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question. Don't ask me why, but I have a feeling I won't be interested in Package #23. What would you collectors recommend I do? Would it be better to go from platinum to gold for a trimester? Or is it better to stay platinum and sell the package on ebay or trade it in for something else later on?

If you can afford the expense and enjoy the other vault perks I'd say just get it and sell it. You can always at least get your money back on vault releases, and people are always happy here when they can get something they're ISO for close to cost. But then again, if too many people do that the market gets flooded with LPs people don't seem that interested in. Jack White & the Bricks comes to mind. Never seen an LP sit in the vault store that long.
i won't let love disrupt, corrupt, or interrupt me anymore...

HammerOfTheGods
Little Cream Soda

Post by HammerOfTheGods »

scoliosispony wrote:Jack White & the Bricks comes to mind. Never seen an LP sit in the vault store that long.
I think the Wanda LP sat for a while before they eventually took it down
I play dumb like Columbo, and get my feelings hurt and move to New York like I'm Dumbo
Quexzea
Little Bird

Post by Quexzea »

I would like to see a Jack White outtake and b-sides compilation from Blunderbuss and Lazaretto. Plus a new concert DVD from one of the tours of the aforementioned albums. Or I'd take a Dead Weather concert LP and DVD, as I didn't get the old one that is a fortune on ebay. Did Beck play a show at TMR? If so, that would be golden.
yolomanolo
Little Cream Soda

Post by yolomanolo »

I would love to get a Get Behind Me Satan 2 LP (one original and the second instrumentals) and as for the 7-inch maybe a reissue of all the singles from that album.
juanmahenao
Little Bird

Post by juanmahenao »

Here are some things I've been thinking about:

A 2LP GBMS pack. In one record the original version, and on the other one a new version with full band treatment. I think that album screams for that.
Raconteurs singles pack with unreleased or new songs.
I'll never be tired of receiving WS live albums.
A new DW live album will be cool.
That recording Radiohead did on TMR a couple years ago.
As for the bonus item, I'd like a TMR uniform piece. Like a tie or something.

But we can expect some surprise, like "hey guys, beck came once and recorded a full album on an afternoon".