Vault #30

Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Vault #30

Post by Kali Durga »

Mick III wrote: 2 new 7" one from WS and one from JW solo carrier is cool too. And finally the bonus is really fun and lovely. Great VP for Christmas.
It's one 7". The picture shows the two sides of it. They're calling it a "double A-side" single, but it's one record.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

Thank you for this information, I didn't understand that. ;)
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Nothing not to like about this package, love it all (even the pennant). Apart from the White Stripes, this is the sort of stuff I want, and live Kills is an awesome bonus.
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

this package sounds pretty badass.
he is everything i hate...
Fanldor III
Little Bird

Post by Fanldor III »

Kali Durga wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:Damnit! When's the final Dead Weather single coming?
The only one I've wanted is the one they won't give us.
Or maybe it will come with a DW film they mentioned, what, last year? :shock: and a lp of the performance they did for all the techs video.. Another DW oriented pkg, THAT'd be awesome.
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

I would love a real Dead Weather live. We have already 3 live from The Raconteurs + 1 with the next VP. We have 7 live from the White Stripes. And just 1 live from the Dead Weather (that I haven't). The next VP have just 3 songs from the Dead Weather, it is like a 7", not a full set. There is some videos on youtube like this one :

Awesome live, so powerful, so beautiful. I would love to have a double LP of this one plus a DVD. We haven't a live from the first album. I love Dead Weather and I want more stuff unknown.
tcricha43
Little Cream Soda

Post by tcricha43 »

It Ain't Easy and Blue Veins seem to have disappeared from the Raconteurs set list on TMR's announcement.
Coma16
Little Cream Soda

Post by Coma16 »

tcricha43 wrote:It Ain't Easy and Blue Veins seem to have disappeared from the Raconteurs set list on TMR's announcement.
They're both on the subscription page still.
http://thirdmanstore.com/vault/vault-su ... bscription
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

It gets even more confusing if you look at the setlist.fm post for that show. It Ain't Easy ain't on there, and there's an encore of Headin' For the Texas Border-- http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-racon ... da6f0.html

And the TMR Facebook post still lists both songs-- https://www.facebook.com/notes/third-ma ... 4478582316
Last edited by Kali Durga on Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
tomhkr
Little Bird

Post by tomhkr »

Loving this package. Might just be me but the Pennant symbol would make a pretty cool tattoo I think with the snakes
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

While I know many of you hate the TMR boxes for taking up so much space, love them.
So I assume when they say "housed in a TMR yellow box" we will get one of the usual boxes shipped in pizza mailers.

I am thinking they might be getting less damaging issues when packing the vaults inside them.
I cannot find another explanation for the fact that they have been using them so often the past couple of years.
Especially for this Vault which doesnt seem to be include items with much similarity to form a themed box set.
Just wondering. Not complaining.
Bring more boxes please!
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

appropos of nothing at all, except talking Racs, but i REALLY wish they'd somehow release blue veins from the last (only) Racs show at TMR back in 2011? it didn't fit on the vault package release.

want.
he is everything i hate...
Coma16
Little Cream Soda

Post by Coma16 »

I was just about to resubscribe and with conversions it's $95 CAD :s I'll have to sleep on it now. The item i want most from this package is the double a singles. I'll probably bite the bullet in a few days...
pigammon
Little Cream Soda

Post by pigammon »

I won't lie and say I don't think the cover for the Racs LP is terrible.

Aside from that, good good.
Avatar is Fall by Bridget Riley. (1963)
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

pigammon wrote:I won't lie and say I don't think the cover for the Racs LP is terrible.

Aside from that, good good.
Ha!
That's actually my favorite attribute of this package.
It seems to be sacrilege to say, but I think this package is... ok at best.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”