Goodies from Vault Platinum Pack #3

Tonic&Gin
Little Acorn

Re: Goodies from Vault Platinum Pack #3

Post by Tonic&Gin »

It looks like the Building has been photo shopped on. Was this the case for all postcards? It seems weird to me.
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

Tonic&Gin wrote:It looks like the Building has been photo shopped on. Was this the case for all postcards? It seems weird to me.
Yes-- there are NOT trees surrounding TMR or United (assuming that is under the TMR postcard).
<BluefordT> jey pals i am,we is,fuckeres rerred up
<BluefordT> jhdb
-------------------------------------------------------
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Tonic&Gin wrote:It looks like the Building has been photo shopped on. Was this the case for all postcards? It seems weird to me.
Looks to me as if Rob is making the TMR building look like the old Hotel Yorba postcard wich was used for the '05 Chicago poster. Blue sky with clouds and the same typo at the bottom as well.

I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
Kaber
Little People

n/a

Post by Kaber »

n/a
Last edited by Kaber on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Kaber wrote:It certainly looks that way - bizarro - wonder
if they have planted any trees?

Hotel Yorba postcard is rather small -
wonder if it will be the same size?
If you look at the sky it's identical albeit mirrored
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

Bikedo wrote:
Looks to me as if Rob is making the TMR building look like the old Hotel Yorba postcard wich was used for the '05 Chicago poster. Blue sky with clouds and the same typo at the bottom as well.
And by typo I think you made a typo and meant type or font. The grammar and spelling looks sound. :lol:

Definitely Hotel Yorba vintage post card inspired all around. Looks nice.
FaytLJake
Little Acorn

Post by FaytLJake »

Can anybody see what the cat. numbers on the LP and single are. I can barely make out TMR ?7 on the LP sleeve. Anybody with better eyes?
St.Andrew on the Little Room
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

FaytLJake wrote:Can anybody see what the cat. numbers on the LP and single are. I can barely make out TMR ?7 on the LP sleeve. Anybody with better eyes?
LP TMR 027
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

http://thirdmanrecords.com/news.html
IMPORTANT VAULT ANNOUNCEMENT
Third Man Records Vault 3rd Platinum Subscription period officially ends shortly. This is your reminder to sign up now, if you haven’t already, for exclusive access to Third Man artists, pre-sale tickets, your Platinum Package, and more. This quarters package will include:
• Third Man Records “Singles Collection 2009” - A double LP on 180 gram colored vinyl in a gatefold sleeve compiling every Third Man single recorded in 2009 including the two latest releases by Wanda Jackson and The Black Belles. The LP also comes with a fold out poster. Record One will be yellow vinyl and Record Two will be white. This Singles Collection will be is the first of a yearly ongoing series and will be the only colored LPs to be distributed through The Vault.
• The Dead Weather “No Horse (First Take)” and ‘Jawbreaker (First Take)” - Recorded in December of 2009, this 7” features two recordings that are a first listen exclusively for Vault members into the sessions for the new Dead Weather album. These two takes will not be released anywhere else. This is a rare opportunity for fans to be the first to hear how an album is progressing, and we are very excited to be able to bring them to members.
• Third Man Records Set of 3 Postcards - 3 old fashioned linen style postcards showcasing the three components of The Third Man Process: Third Man Studio, Third Man Records, and United Record Pressing. These will be valuable collectors items for any fan.

Lastly, as of now the legendary White Stripes 4th Street Fair show is available to view for members of The Vault. The remaining 9 songs have been added from the archives. Completing the entire set. Enjoy

...posted by Swank
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
richardcosta
Little Cream Soda

Post by richardcosta »

I agree with the turd comment. Collecting is a disease. Most of the singles are crap so putting them on a compilation LP just doubles the stink. Another DW LP, paaaleeese, I listened to the first one maybe twice. Someone needs to tell emperor Jack about his clothes. Hopefully Meg will snap out of it and give him a call. We need a new WS LP.
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

With all the SXSW frenzy I forgot about this. Should be shipping in the next week or so, cant wait for the DW demos :D .
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
davestef
Little Bird

Post by davestef »

any idea what the next vault package will be? they automatcially charged me and i got slammed with overdraft charges :X
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

davestef wrote:any idea what the next vault package will be? they automatcially charged me and i got slammed with overdraft charges :X
No they have made no announcements
And do you mean you are charged for Vault #4?
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

Someone on LR received their package today. But the records were black instead of the promissed yellow and white. I imagine the plant probably pressed these up on wrong and they were stuck with a bunch of black copies...But that sucks. Black is fine, if that is what you are expecting, but that is not what we expected...
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

Well, now they have put a blog on the Vault saying they changed it because the colored vinyl didn't sound as good.