Divine Fits Live a Third Man Records 6/17

rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: Divine Fits Live a Third Man Records 6/17

Post by rsimms3 »

Alabama Woody wrote:Very good show. Damn good show. Glad I went. Should make for a great live TMR release. They recorded to tape this time. Interesting.......I guess. Not sure why. The acoustics in that place are awesome, concerts are loud and clear.
They always record to tape from what I understand, so they didn't record to acetate? Interesting. Come to think of it, I don't recall them hyping the direct to acetate angle with this show, maybe George had something else going on last night and couldn't run the lathe for them.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I figure they have been busy, so just to tape.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Kali Durga wrote:What was with the piñata?
They pulled Amanda out of the crowd and she got to bust a piñata full of candy.

I'm not sure of the Mexican theme, not that familiar with the band to be honest but I bought a record from them and in the run out grooves the etching mentions Mexico. There is some Mexico tie in with the band, maybe someone here can explain better, but it was fun, free candy.
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

Alabama Woody wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:What was with the piñata?
They pulled Amanda out of the crowd and she got to bust a piñata full of candy.

I'm not sure of the Mexican theme, not that familiar with the band to be honest but I bought a record from them and in the run out grooves the etching mentions Mexico. There is some Mexico tie in with the band, maybe someone here can explain better, but it was fun, free candy.

What kind of candy was it? The side of the room I was on got no candy love. :lol:
Last edited by curseofhalos on Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Should I know who Amanda is...?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Amanda is a girl from Canada, that is why she knew the answer, it was a Canada based question. I yelled out the answer just a second too late. I met Amanda in the "smoking" section before the show. She and 3 friends were visiting from Canada.

The candy was just regular ole candy. Snickers, twix, etc. I got a tootsie pop. My favorite :D, I was pummeled with candy, there was candy everywhere on our side. No TMR trinket hid there , just good ole candy.
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

My wife and I thought it was a great show. We didn't notice anyone in the acetate room either. Jack was there and walking around a bit, hung out for a while up by the light controls in back. The new AC they installed works like a charm, it was quite comfortable in there. Luckily, those under the pinata were kind enough to share the wealth of candy. I managed to get a twix that was thrown all the way to the very back of the room.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

Album comes out next Tuesday. Up for preorder now. Too bad the Tom Petty cover isn't on it. That would've been great.