Jack Johnson @ TMR 6/15/2013

TwinkleLights
Little Cream Soda

Re: Jack Johnson @ TMR 6/15/2013

Post by TwinkleLights »

Back when the curious George soundtrack came out I loved the sweet little song JJ had on there about being friends.

Only years later did I find out about the white stripes & learn that song was a JW cover.
So there ya go ... One JJ song you can listen to that sounds different ;)
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

mojoryan wrote:Totally not trying to hijack the thread, and feel free to delete this after someone throws me a bone...
I really want to like JJ, but my god, everything I've heard from him sounds exactly the same. Can someone direct me (via pm, so as not to detract from this thread any more than I have here) to some of his stuff that DOESN'T sound like the rest?

Thanks, and sorry if I appeared to be "hatin."
It looks like you're not alone. Antiquiet posted this story the other day and the title cracked me up. Seeing your post reminded me of it.

http://www.antiquiet.com/news/2013/06/j ... nson-song/
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

I don't care for JJ but I would have gone just cause its a great deal on a black and blue. Sadly I missed out on the ticket sales.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
sjcapps07
Little Acorn

Post by sjcapps07 »

Not really a JJ fan. However, I have a friend who is a big fan but unfortunately was too slow on the draw. Let me know if anyone has an extra pair of tickets.
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

cwja wrote:
mojoryan wrote:Totally not trying to hijack the thread, and feel free to delete this after someone throws me a bone...
I really want to like JJ, but my god, everything I've heard from him sounds exactly the same. Can someone direct me (via pm, so as not to detract from this thread any more than I have here) to some of his stuff that DOESN'T sound like the rest?

Thanks, and sorry if I appeared to be "hatin."
It looks like you're not alone. Antiquiet posted this story the other day and the title cracked me up. Seeing your post reminded me of it.

http://www.antiquiet.com/news/2013/06/j ... nson-song/
I feel the exact same way...with Ben Harper too. They're stuff is just so much the same and boring. Can't get into it. Although I will say that some of Ben Harper's stuff with the Relentless Seven was pretty cool. It was all cover songs though.
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
sjcapps07
Little Acorn

Post by sjcapps07 »

Well, Bonnaroo announced that JJ will be filling in for Mumford & Sons' headlining spot Saturday night (since Mumford's bassist is recovering from surgery).
MedozK
Little Cream Soda

Post by MedozK »

Still looking for anyone who has an extra ticket. I will gladly pay the $25 for the extra ticket. So anyone with an extra please send me a message. Thanks.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

FYI for any of y'all attending tomorrow-- http://thirdmanrecords.com/news/view/ja ... ant-update
Due to Jack Johnson's recent addition to the Bonnaroo line-up Saturday night, we have adjusted our schedule slightly for his sold-out, family-friendly performance in the Blue Room tomorrow. Complimentary breakfast burritos, doughnuts and coffee (and juice for the kiddos!) will be served from the Third Man patio beginning at 10am. Doors to the blue will now open at 11am, with the performance beginning at 11:30am.

We hope this change in scheduling doesn't cause an inconvenience to current ticket-holders and their families.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
wildroses3
Little Acorn

Post by wildroses3 »

Jack Johnson Live at Third Man with nice packaging and pictures of banana pancakes is one Live at Third Man release I'd be cool with being released through the vault.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Why does everyone think every band they like should be released through the Vault? Stuff like this is not Vault-worthy material. Vault-worthy material is stuff like they've done the last few quarters, in which either the packaging or the content has blown minds. Jack Johnson might be good, but even with banana pancakes there's no way he'd blow my mind.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

Kali Durga wrote:Why does everyone think every band they like should be released through the Vault? Stuff like this is not Vault-worthy material. Vault-worthy material is stuff like they've done the last few quarters, in which either the packaging or the content has blown minds. Jack Johnson might be good, but even with banana pancakes there's no way he'd blow my mind.
+1
wildroses3
Little Acorn

Post by wildroses3 »

Hey I'm just saying they've released a few third man shows through the vault and if they were to do so again I wouldn't be upset if this one got the full package treatment
cmelo

Post by cmelo »

Kali Durga wrote:Why does everyone think every band they like should be released through the Vault? Stuff like this is not Vault-worthy material. Vault-worthy material is stuff like they've done the last few quarters, in which either the packaging or the content has blown minds. Jack Johnson might be good, but even with banana pancakes there's no way he'd blow my mind.
+infinity
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

michaelmirra wrote:Hey I'm just saying they've released a few third man shows through the vault and if they were to do so again I wouldn't be upset if this one got the full package treatment
I'm a Vault completest and even I would cancel my subscription for that quarter.
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
TwinkleLights
Little Cream Soda

Post by TwinkleLights »

I don't want to see a JJ vault pack either but if they wanna work with Bang Candy Co to start selling Third Man Maple syrup I'd buy that :D