Jack Johnson @ TMR 6/15/2013

maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

Love me some JJ :)

http://thirdmanstore.com/tmr-live/ticke ... an-records\

Who is going and wants to snag me a B&B....please and thanks you lucky bastards
Last edited by rsimms3 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added date to title
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: Jack Johnson @ TMR 6/15/2013

Post by rsimms3 »

We are hungry to test a new method of recording our live shows… direct-to-acetate-meets-breakfast! None other than the pride of Hawaii, surfer/filmmaker/musician Jack Johnson, will be joining us for a very special, family-friendly live show this Saturday morning at 10:30 am. Jack and his beachy tunes have been bringing a piece of the big, blue sea to both grown-ups and not-quites for over a decade, and we have no doubt he will feel right at home doing just that in our big, blue room.

Ticketing will be handled slightly differently for this show. Each purchase includes 1) a PAIR (2) tickets to the performance/taping 2) a pre-order of the BLACK & BLUE Split-color vinyl record, which will be recorded direct-to-acetate that morning. Tickets are now available online (link) or in our storefront.

Additional information:
• Complimentary coffee and breakfast nibbles during the show
Additional black & blue exclusive records will be available to ticket holders for purchase in the store after the performance
• Tickets purchased online can be picked up at will call beginning at 10am. Please bring a valid ID that matches the name used to place the order.
• Tickets are sold only in pairs. No individual tickets available.
• Please let the ticket-takers at the door know if you are NOT a Nashville native, and will therefore require your record to be shipped once it has been pressed. Complimentary shipping is available to non-Nashvillians only. We will contact you after the performance to gather your shipping address.
So.....tickets (in pairs only) include a Black and Blue, what's the extra exclusive you can buy after the show? So for $25 you get two tickets, a black and blue, AND breakfast? And a show? Best deal in town!
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

I'd say that poster. I'm not a fan of Jack Johnson, but that is a beauty of a poster.
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

rsimms3 wrote:
We are hungry to test a new method of recording our live shows… direct-to-acetate-meets-breakfast! None other than the pride of Hawaii, surfer/filmmaker/musician Jack Johnson, will be joining us for a very special, family-friendly live show this Saturday morning at 10:30 am. Jack and his beachy tunes have been bringing a piece of the big, blue sea to both grown-ups and not-quites for over a decade, and we have no doubt he will feel right at home doing just that in our big, blue room.

Ticketing will be handled slightly differently for this show. Each purchase includes 1) a PAIR (2) tickets to the performance/taping 2) a pre-order of the BLACK & BLUE Split-color vinyl record, which will be recorded direct-to-acetate that morning. Tickets are now available online (link) or in our storefront.

Additional information:
• Complimentary coffee and breakfast nibbles during the show
Additional black & blue exclusive records will be available to ticket holders for purchase in the store after the performance
• Tickets purchased online can be picked up at will call beginning at 10am. Please bring a valid ID that matches the name used to place the order.
• Tickets are sold only in pairs. No individual tickets available.
• Please let the ticket-takers at the door know if you are NOT a Nashville native, and will therefore require your record to be shipped once it has been pressed. Complimentary shipping is available to non-Nashvillians only. We will contact you after the performance to gather your shipping address.
So.....tickets (in pairs only) include a Black and Blue, what's the extra exclusive you can buy after the show? So for $25 you get two tickets, a black and blue, AND breakfast? And a show? Best deal in town!

Posters?
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

No, it says additional black and blue exclusive record. (sorry, I should have said that part instead of just bolding it in the quote). Maybe a second one since the sale is for a pair of tickets, but looks like only 1 black and blue record per pair of tickets.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
alteridiom
Little Acorn

Post by alteridiom »

Unfortunately I can't be there but picked up a pair of tickets for my wife. From the way it reads it sounds like the $25 gets you a black and blue already and then if your extra ticket person wants one they can purchase as well. I would love if in the future you could purchase just a ticket to the show or a ticket to the show plus the black and blue. Love going to the shows but hate waiting in line afterward to pay for the record as I usually have to work the next day. Or maybe if they would open the shop up an hour before the show to hand out will call tickets and sell the record.
Looking for White Denim Black and Blue
kylebutcher1
Little Bird

Post by kylebutcher1 »

Will pay for a Black& Blue of the show. PM me if you're gracious enough to do so! I'll pay 5-10 above cost plus shipping, but the shipping is free if you set it up from TMR. Thanks
i like vinylz by jack white
MedozK
Little Cream Soda

Post by MedozK »

If any one has an extra ticket. I missed out and would love to attend. Please let me know. Just Pm me and hopefully we can work something out. Thanks
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Missed out completely on this one. Not a fan of Jack Johnson but the show still probably would have been interesting. Sounds like they are going to move some old black and blues after the show from previous shows. That's the way I read it. Should be a bunch of deals on Ebay next week.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Alabama Woody wrote:Missed out completely on this one. Not a fan of Jack Johnson but the show still probably would have been interesting. Sounds like they are going to move some old black and blues after the show from previous shows. That's the way I read it. Should be a bunch of deals on Ebay next week.
Pretty sure that just means your +1 can order a B&B of Jack Johnson show, not extra old B&Bs....
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Stl_ben wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:Missed out completely on this one. Not a fan of Jack Johnson but the show still probably would have been interesting. Sounds like they are going to move some old black and blues after the show from previous shows. That's the way I read it. Should be a bunch of deals on Ebay next week.
Pretty sure that just means your +1 can order a B&B of Jack Johnson show, not extra old B&Bs....

Did you read the Tweet ?
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Alabama Woody wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:

Did you read the Tweet ?
I read a tweet, nothing about other b&bs, but would love a link if I'm looking in the wrong place.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Depends on how you read it I guess?
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

Totally not trying to hijack the thread, and feel free to delete this after someone throws me a bone...
I really want to like JJ, but my god, everything I've heard from him sounds exactly the same. Can someone direct me (via pm, so as not to detract from this thread any more than I have here) to some of his stuff that DOESN'T sound like the rest?

Thanks, and sorry if I appeared to be "hatin."
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5