Jack Johnson @ TMR 6/15/2013

JonnyH
Little Ghost

Re: Jack Johnson @ TMR 6/15/2013

Post by JonnyH »

rival wrote:
michaelmirra wrote:Hey I'm just saying they've released a few third man shows through the vault and if they were to do so again I wouldn't be upset if this one got the full package treatment
I'm a Vault completest and even I would cancel my subscription for that quarter.
It better be one hell of a 7".
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Enjoyed the show very much. Thanks TMR for another excellent event. Looking forward to Monday.
Jack Johnson may sound all the same on vinyl but he is very good live. I was not sure what to think but he busted out some oldies and some new songs and of course played Jack's WS song. I'm glad I went. Good to see folks at the show.
Got a couple of donuts and had 2 italian cokes from the coffee people. Good stuff, and free. I gave the guy a five dollar tip and he said he could not take it, so I said woops and dropped it and walked away.
Very cool poster, the black and blue should be great.
Had some grub at Hot Diggity, Nashville Dog and Onion Rings, good stuff. Then went back to TMR and there was no line.
That's my not so well written review of todays advents cause I did not sleep much and I'm going to pass out while watching Hockey and get up late tomorrow water some plants and head back to Nashville for Natural Child, TMR Monday, then to Memphis after that. I need gas money donations.

Headed to Memphis for my mother in laws open heart surgery. She needs prayers, if you would like to mention her in yours it could not hurt.....she's in mine. Sorry to drop that in this thread.

Woody over and about to pass out.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Setlist:
Banana Pancakes
Same Girl
Radiate
Do You Remember
I Got You
Good People
As I Was Saying
We're Going To Be Friends
Home
Mudfootball
Better Together
Upside Down
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

@Woody - Did you go to the storefront afterward to see what the other exclusive B+B was? Just a second copy for the pair of tickets?
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

rsimms3 wrote:@Woody - Did you go to the storefront afterward to see what the other exclusive B+B was? Just a second copy for the pair of tickets?
Additional Black and Blue vinyl records were sold after the show for $25. Posters were very limited and were $30. Someone grabbed me a black and blue. Stoked.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Cool.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

rival wrote: I'm a Vault completest and even I would cancel my subscription for that quarter.
+1 infinity
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Alabama Woody wrote: Headed to Memphis for my mother in laws open heart surgery. She needs prayers, if you would like to mention her in yours it could not hurt.....she's in mine.
And now mine too. Hoping it all turns out well.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

woodisgood wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote: Headed to Memphis for my mother in laws open heart surgery. She needs prayers, if you would like to mention her in yours it could not hurt.....she's in mine.
Thanks a lot !
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Alabama Woody wrote:
woodisgood wrote:
Thanks a lot !
My thoughts are with her and your family, too, Woody. Glad you're having some good times to counteract the concern.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Vytis33
Little Cream Soda

Post by Vytis33 »

So will these records be available on black vinyl as well? My old lady likes JJ and would like to pick this up. Not a crazy collector that needs all the colored variations, but if someone does have a black/blue for a reasonable price let me know.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Vytis33 wrote:So will these records be available on black vinyl as well? My old lady likes JJ and would like to pick this up. Not a crazy collector that needs all the colored variations, but if someone does have a black/blue for a reasonable price let me know.
It should be, all other black and blues for sale to attendees have been available on standard black in the past.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Kali Durga wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:
woodisgood wrote:
Thanks a lot !
My thoughts are with her and your family, too, Woody. Glad you're having some good times to counteract the concern.
Thanks Kali, trying to keep my wife busy for now. They have put off surgery until Thursday or Friday trying to build up her strength. Thanks for the kind words.
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Video of "We're Going To Be Friends" from this show is now up on the Vault.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Saw a Black and Blue of this show up on eBay yesterday if anyone needs to pick theirs up from TMR. Or was this one a mail only dealio with the tickets, can't recall.