Tickets for Pokey and Melvins available now

Freter
Little Acorn

Re: Tickets for Pokey and Melvins available now

Post by Freter »

Kali Durga wrote:Why Vault? Why not for regular sale?
Because Pokey said in an earlier I Trevor's that it was to be a vault exclusive, I believe.
I'm a little sad I won't get the black and blue fir attending, or that I have to pay $60 dollars for an album that under normal circumstances I would own for much less, but it was a FANTASTIC show, so I'm not going to whine any more.
Jettkoral wrote:
Freter wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:Anyone receive or pick up their Melvins Black and Blue yet? I see the regular black version is listed in the store this morning.
I don't know, but if they made the Melvin's that fast, I almost ga-run-tee Pokey as the next vault.
No thanks
To each his own. It was possibly the best performance I have ever seen. Period.
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

What's an I Trevor's?
I couldnt care less about more pokey material. That's not what I signed up for. Live at Third Man sucks.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

No, it doesn't. Live @ TMR is great stuff, but there has been admittedly a lot of it lately, seemingly in contrast to a dearth of other stuff like Blue and Green Series.

I love Pokey and have nothing against them being in a Vault package. But I love them so much that I believe them playing at TMR is something that even folks who can't afford the Vault should be able to hear.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Kali Durga wrote:No, it doesn't. Live @ TMR is great stuff, but there has been admittedly a lot of it lately, seemingly in contrast to a dearth of other stuff like Blue and Green Series.

I love Pokey and have nothing against them being in a Vault package. But I love them so much that I believe them playing at TMR is something that even folks who can't afford the Vault should be able to hear.
Seems like you like everything they put out. Come on Tam, PM subpopfan1 and get in on the action! Can have you settled in less than 2 weeks in a nice Gulch apartment. ;)
No more Pokey for a while, please. Overload lately..
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Actually, I don't like everything they put out. Dough Rollers, Kelley Stoltz, Underwear Heads, and pretty much all of the Live@ stuff released so far this year have rung zero bells for me. But saying that "LIve at Third Man sucks" just because you either don't like the bands released lately or feel that there's just too much of it recently is a very in-specific, extreme, and inaccurate statement. I expressed myself the same way when I was your age, so I understand where you're coming from. But you do need to learn one of these days to articulate your opinions a little better than that ;)

And somehow I doubt subpopfan1 would want me living anywhere near TMR.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

If the DVD in the next Vault package is the Pokey show, that'd be great. I love seeing them perform. If it's strictly the vinyl component, it will be the first Vault package I do not sign up for. I'm definitely suffering from Pokey overload. I hate to say it, but the last album has gotten very few replays. I put it on two weekends ago after a few weeks of just letting it sit, thinking fresh ears would reveal charms I missed the first five times, and it did not last to side 2. I like Pokey, love the band, hope they continue rising to success after success, and seeing them live is a life highlight. But the thought of a live Pokey Vault album doesn't give me the bump of the goose . . .
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

The new album sounds a lot different than the charming old Pokey. I like it okay but it just seems ....... I don't know......different.
A DVD would be good to have. I'm with y'all don't know that I want or need any Pokey vinyl in the next Vault.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

Alabama Woody wrote:The new album sounds a lot different than the charming old Pokey. I like it okay but it just seems ....... I don't know......different.
A DVD would be good to have. I'm with y'all don't know that I want or need any Pokey vinyl in the next Vault.
I think a live record might get more spins than the studio album, just because the musicianship on the solos was awesome. Lots of energy, and lots more than just harmonica...I like the studio albums but I get burnt out on the constant harmonica solos.
Hyperbole used for effect!
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

mangry wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:The new album sounds a lot different than the charming old Pokey. I like it okay but it just seems ....... I don't know......different.
I think a live record might get more spins than the studio album, just because the musicianship on the solos was awesome. Lots of energy, and lots more than just harmonica...I like the studio albums but I get burnt out on the constant harmonica solos.
That's a good point, probably would like the live album better than the studio album. I like Pokey. I'm happy either way.

Some new Dead Weather would be nice !!!
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

rsimms3 wrote:Anyone receive or pick up their Melvins Black and Blue yet? I see the regular black version is listed in the store this morning.
HI Mr. Dumass! We should get them in from the pressing plant tomorrow, so you
should get your copy next week sometime (by mail)!

Rebecca
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

rsimms3 wrote:

Rebecca
Rebecca called you Dumbass?
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

Jettkoral wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:

Rebecca
It's pronounced Dooo Maaaass

rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

runofthemill wrote:
Jettkoral wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:

Rebecca
It's pronounced Dooo Maaaass

This.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom