Tickets for Pokey and Melvins available now

rival
Little Ghost

Re: Tickets for Pokey and Melvins available now

Post by rival »

Jettkoral wrote:Actually happy about a Pokey vault. Love his music! Was Jack there?
Jack was there. He was standing beside me for about 10 minutes during Pokey's set.
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
alteridiom
Little Acorn

Post by alteridiom »

Great show as always. I've never left TMR disappointed. Was able to get the Pokey wisp colored vinyl. It's a beauty. Allison was there as well. I heard that some Old Crow Medicine Show guys were around but didn't see them.
Looking for White Denim Black and Blue
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

alteridiom wrote:Great show as always. I've never left TMR disappointed. Was able to get the Pokey wisp colored vinyl. It's a beauty. Allison was there as well. I heard that some Old Crow Medicine Show guys were around but didn't see them.
One of the Old Crow guys produced the album. So that makes a lot of sense.
So cool! I can't wait for the Pokey vault release.
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

It was truly amazing, and man those guys and gal can really play! I loved the addition of clarinet and corner to the band. Those instruments allowed them to stretch out their sound and explore some other moods, styles, and tempos that they couldn't as a four piece. The vault lp will be essential listening fo sho.
Hyperbole used for effect!
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I hope to hell it's in a 2013 Vault package and not held until next year.

OOooooooh!! And there are apparently leftover songs from the recording of Pokey's Blue Series. Those could be the 7" in that package!
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Post by Getbacktogether »

What was the merch like? ill be seeing them this Friday in Cincinnati sounds like it was a great time!
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Tickets for Pokey and Melvins available now

Post by Alabama Woody »

They have at Pokeys Table:
Stickers with purchase
Summer tour poster
Magnet that looks like a little record
Cd's
Records
T shirts (2 short sleeve, 1 baseball style)

I think that's it. They did not have a lot of the magnets at the TMR Show, so I was just going to buy one, she had ran my card already and just gave it to me.
Got 2 stickers because of poster purchase and got the wife a t shirt.
Reasonable prices from Pokey!
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Post by Getbacktogether »

Awesome! im going to have to get me that pokey baseball shirt lol.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Sure was a nice week. Quite extreme to go from CY and gang, The Melvins, to Seeing Pokey and his gang. The opener for Pokey was equally great. Great musicians, each in they're own way. Thanks TMR.

Sure is nice to have an area to hang out and rest rooms. Parking at the Mission. All's good, let''s keep it that way!!!!
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Oh and thanks for letting us have a shot at those Pokey clear records. Can't wait for the Vault release of the show. Got the black LP as well. Going to buy the CD but not for $15. More like $10 online...... No download card so a man's got to do what a man's got to do. $15 is too much for a CD. I hate to gripe after seeing the show for $10 and getting a free poster, but, I am. I wish the CD"s were a little cheaper, better yet I wish I we got download cards. Got to be able to listen in the car. I will buy all 7' versions, 12" versions, limited versions. Could I not get a download. I already buy the 45's B sides off iTunes. OK rant over. Great show, great people, great venue, great times. For those of you I did not recognize, sorry. It's been a while. Tried to say hi to everyone. We got the limited records, went to eat, and came back just in time for the shows, perfect timing. Thanks TMR again for making it a stress free environment. Hard getting the records in the morning then returning for the show later. 5PM sale of the record was great.

Man oh man did Nick not score or what. He's been trailing that RRS, then gets the button, then gets the 3". I know of no one who has tried harder and put in more time than Nick. He deserves all of it. Congrats. You are one creative dude. I want a tat from you of my wedding ring on my finger and a TMR logo somewhere. I will have to take a trip I guess.\

Ramble over.

Wood
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

It's been brought to my attention that there just may be a download card in the black copy...............Exscuse my dumb ass ness. Thanks TMR.......... :lol:
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

We need download cards in the Document releases. Splitting the tracks on Charley Patton was a royal pain in the neck.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Kali Durga wrote:We need download cards in the Document releases. Splitting the tracks on Charley Patton was a royal pain in the neck.
I would like to see download cards with all releases except the Vault. I can understand why they don't do those. But everything else. Hook us up. For fuck's sake!
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

Alabama Woody wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:We need download cards in the Document releases. Splitting the tracks on Charley Patton was a royal pain in the neck.
I would like to see download cards with all releases except the Vault. I can understand why they don't do those. But everything else. Hook us up. For fuck's sake!
With the document reissues, I think the motivation was that you listen to it on vinyl or not at all. But yeah download cards (or downloads made available through your TMR shop account) would be welcome for just about everything - 7"s included.
Patient B1003
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

grumblestiltskin wrote:With the document reissues, I think the motivation was that you listen to it on vinyl or not at all.
I can completely understand and agree with that-- when I'm at home. But I don't have a turntable in my car and I do like to listen to blues while I'm driving.