Mudhoney & The Melvins Live at Third Man Records

orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Re: Mudhoney & The Melvins Live at Third Man Records

Post by orangeshoeskid »

The wife and I will be there tonight. Not getting there until doors open though and probably just hanging in the back or the sides for most of the show. Long day of school and work for us, and early morning tomorrow. Taking it easy tonight.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Cheap TIme was pretty good. Mudhoney was off the chains. Great show, good times, good to see everyone.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
MedozK
Little Cream Soda

Post by MedozK »

Alabama Woody wrote:Cheap TIme was pretty good. Mudhoney was off the chains. Great show, good times, good to see everyone.
My thoughts exactly.

Loved the venue. It was my first time seeing a show at Third Man. I plan to make a lot more shows from this point.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Did they pre-sell a Cheap Time B&B?
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
MedozK
Little Cream Soda

Post by MedozK »

Stl_ben wrote:Did they pre-sell a Cheap Time B&B?
No. Just Mudhoney

I also noticed the 'Recording' light wasn't on during Cheap Time's set.... so I don't know if it was even recorded.
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

There's already a Cheap Time live 7" so I doubt we see more, unless they explode in popularity and TMR feels the need to record a full length.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

curseofhalos wrote:There's already a Cheap Time live 7" so I doubt we see more, unless they explode in popularity and TMR feels the need to record a full length.
Thats what I figured....but then again this is the first (non-Jack) band to play the venue twice right? (unless you count Pujol's one song performance at the Halloween party).
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

Stl_ben wrote:
curseofhalos wrote:There's already a Cheap Time live 7" so I doubt we see more, unless they explode in popularity and TMR feels the need to record a full length.
Thats what I figured....but then again this is the first (non-Jack) band to play the venue twice right? (unless you count Pujol's one song performance at the Halloween party).

I thought Natural Child had played there a couple times too? I know I saw them once there (with Strange Boys), but I thought they played again?
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

Stl_ben wrote:
Cheap Time x 3
Cy Barkley x 2
<BluefordT> jey pals i am,we is,fuckeres rerred up
<BluefordT> jhdb
-------------------------------------------------------
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Pokey LaFarge x 2
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

MedozK wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:Cheap TIme was pretty good. Mudhoney was off the chains. Great show, good times, good to see everyone.
My thoughts exactly.

Loved the venue. It was my first time seeing a show at Third Man. I plan to make a lot more shows from this point.
Glad you had a good time. It's a fun place to see a show. Great to be able to buy it on vinyl for prosperity !!!

I have never had to wear earplugs ever at a show but I think I'm going to have to start at TMR. The past few shows my ears have rung for one to two days. But I was pretty close to the stage.
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

How long after they go on sale in store do they typically mail out the B&Bs?
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

flattop2001 wrote:How long after they go on sale in store do they typically mail out the B&Bs?
Usually they are mailed before they are available in the store, but I still haven't received my Melvins B&B which I was supposed to receive this week.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

rsimms3 wrote:
flattop2001 wrote:How long after they go on sale in store do they typically mail out the B&Bs?
Usually they are mailed before they are available in the store, but I still haven't received my Melvins B&B which I was supposed to receive this week.
Do you get tracking info?
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Did you come down for the show? Didn't see you :D
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody