Willie Nelson And Friends at TMR, 4/18

Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Willie Nelson played at TMR last night for a taping of CMT Crossroads, and Neil Young, Norah Jones, and Leon Russell all played too. Wow.

Pictures from an attendee: http://web.stagram.com/n/philmadeira/
greginchains
Little Ghost

Re: Willie Nelson And Friends at TMR, 4/18

Post by greginchains »

Cool
I only wanted to be good enough, but I'm not.
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

Jettkoral wrote:Willie Nelson played at TMR last night for a taping of CMT Crossroads, and Neil Young, Norah Jones, and Leon Russell all played too. Wow.

Dream come fucking true.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Looks like they played in the new building based on the picture of the catwalk (they had the large roller door up last year in the days before RSD working on the inside of the building and you could see the catwalk) but there are pictures in the blue room as well (blue wall, big ass fan) so maybe they were recording it for distribution as well as for the show. Good catch! I bet this is the real reason why they were closed the past two days....
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
cmelo

Post by cmelo »

dylnfan wrote:
Jettkoral wrote:Willie Nelson played at TMR last night for a taping of CMT Crossroads, and Neil Young, Norah Jones, and Leon Russell all played too. Wow.

Dream come fucking true.
What you said. Said before that of all the covers Jack could do too, I would love Hands on the Wheel. (Red-Headed Stranger is one great fucking album.)
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I would have loved to see that!
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

My friend texted me this earlier...
"One of my teachers who works for third man- saw Neil young and Willie Nelson hanging outside third man yesterday haha. "
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Very detailed review of the event from Nashville Scene-- http://www.nashvillescene.com/nashville ... more-41813
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

CMT site is showing the Crossroads episode will air June 23rd at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

^^ And it will apparently include an interview by Jack.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Link to a handful of preview videos, including the interview by Jack-- http://www.cmt.com/videos/promo/willie- ... id=1708359
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Reminder tweet from TMR--
Willie Nelson & Friends Live From Third Man Records airs this Sun June 23rd on @CMT at 9pm ET. Don't miss it!
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Willie and Neil - Long May You Run

http://www.stereogum.com/1386622/watch- ... ads/video/

Great pic during the video showing Jack off to the side and that it really is a warehouse....
willie.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

A nicely organized warehouse, too, from the looks of that tiny glimpse.