Seasick Steve with Promised Land-Oct. 26th, 2012

shteev
Little Ghost

Re: Seasick Steve with Promised Land-Oct. 26th, 2012

Post by shteev »

Alabama Woody wrote:Great, great, and great show. Promise Land was good too. Seasick Steve was awesome. The sound was really good as well. He rocked that joint pretty hard. His show and the 5,6,7,8's are my favorite two shows (non Jack)

His drummer is really good and hell the other guitarist that joined was pretty damn good too. Not to mention Allison. Fricking great show !! Best $10 spent ever.

Got lucky and bought a Dex Romweber Duo with Jack Bizzarro out of the chair. Never knew I would own that. I sure have scored some quality vinyl lately !

Thanks TMR for a great time. I had a blast.
100 bucks in the mojo chair? Nice pick up
I could be wronga,,,I could be rright.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Missing this makes me want to cry...
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

mangry wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
mangry wrote:
sandman77 wrote:IMO, this was the best TMR show to date! He played over an hour after the recording was finished.
Wholeheartedly agree. That shit was amazing. Y'all look forward to hearing the duet with Allison Mossheart!
was it "write me a few lines?"
I believe so. This show was legendary.
So glad to hear that it was topshelf.... congrats to Woody also... you definitely got the mojo!
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
dcmak5
Little Acorn

Post by dcmak5 »

I've got a single punched ticket from someone who didn't care about B&B's if anyone missed out and can make it down to TMR.
I'm just too broke to use it
sjcapps07
Little Acorn

Post by sjcapps07 »

BTW, I also thought it was awesome that Jack was over on the side of the room for what appeared to be almost the entire show. Have never seen him actually in the crowd for more than a couple minutes at any show.
ellisintransit
Little Cream Soda

Post by ellisintransit »

The other guy who played with SS last night on several tunes was Luther Dickinson from North Mississippi All-Stars, and also lead guitar for The Black Crowes. It feels like every show at Third Man is better than the last.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

shteev wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:Great, great, and great show. Promise Land was good too. Seasick Steve was awesome. The sound was really good as well. He rocked that joint pretty hard. His show and the 5,6,7,8's are my favorite two shows (non Jack)

His drummer is really good and hell the other guitarist that joined was pretty damn good too. Not to mention Allison. Fricking great show !! Best $10 spent ever.

Got lucky and bought a Dex Romweber Duo with Jack Bizzarro out of the chair. Never knew I would own that. I sure have scored some quality vinyl lately !

Thanks TMR for a great time. I had a blast.
100 bucks in the mojo chair? Nice pick up
Yep, resting in the chair. I never figured I would own it. Will go nice with the Tri but now I need the GITD :-)
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:
mangry wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
mangry wrote:
sandman77 wrote:IMO, this was the best TMR show to date! He played over an hour after the recording was finished.
Wholeheartedly agree. That shit was amazing. Y'all look forward to hearing the duet with Allison Mossheart!
was it "write me a few lines?"
I believe so. This show was legendary.
So glad to hear that it was topshelf.... congrats to Woody also... you definitely got the mojo!
Thanks !
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

ellisintransit wrote:The other guy who played with SS last night on several tunes was Luther Dickinson from North Mississippi All-Stars, and also lead guitar for The Black Crowes. It feels like every show at Third Man is better than the last.
I knew I recognized that guy from somewhere, I heard them say North Mississippi Allstars, I haven't seen the Black Crowes in several years. Pretty cool.
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Kali Durga wrote:Missing this makes me want to cry...
Just think about all the good shows you have been to lately. But, damn you did miss a good one. Wish you could have made it!

The place was packed. I think they squeezed all 190 of us in there!

I think back to the first show and how far they have come, I remember thank god when they got the big ceiling fan! Now they got us indoor plumbing! With a walkway lined in precious vinyl. They are taking good care of us!
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Thinking about all the good shows that I've been to is the only thing keeping me from being too upset over this... At least it was, until you reminded me of all the cool stuff that I'm dying to see in the expansion! ;)
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Kali Durga wrote:Thinking about all the good shows that I've been to is the only thing keeping me from being too upset over this... At least it was, until you reminded me of all the cool stuff that I'm dying to see in the expansion! ;)
Sorry bout that. You've got to get back down here!
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

The duet with Alison was You Gotta Move.

She didn't sing with him on Write Me a Few Lines, which he did at the end (not for the record).
andyb24
Little Bird

Post by andyb24 »

First post! Been visiting here for what seems like forever though. REALLY cool to hear about this show--it's one I would have loved to be there for. As it happens, I'm a huge Luther Dickinson/North Mississippi Allstars fan and to hear he played with Steve, I almost fell out of my chair!!! If any of you haven't seen/heard Luther--do yourself a favor and check out the Allstars as well as his solo work--now! :)

I found a great video from the Troubador on 10/8 just now of the two of them together: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9ZDJHIC6OM

Anybody out there pick up a spare black & blue? I would LOVE to get my hands on one--please PM me if you are interested in working something out...thanks! ;)
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Welcome aboard. I thought Luther was great ! It's neat that he ended up playing with Steve, musicians have all the fun.
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody