Seasick Steve with Promised Land-Oct. 26th, 2012

Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Re: Seasick Steve with Promised Land-Oct. 26th, 2012

Post by Alabama Woody »

Cant wait to pick up my black and blues and listen to them. Great Shows. I like the new covers.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
alteridiom
Little Acorn

Post by alteridiom »

Picked mine up yesterday. Looks fantastic. Haven't had a chance to listen yet. TMR staff said that all acetate recordings would have cover art but not the tape shows. I assume that means Divine Fits won't have cover art. Cool sticker on the front too that says it was recorded live to acetate.
Looking for White Denim Black and Blue
dcmak5
Little Acorn

Post by dcmak5 »

I hadn't seen Seasick Steve before this, a when I asked a friend what to compare it to they mentioned the Flamin' Groovies, which didn't sound right at all. though recently i was listening to them recently and I'll be damned if this one song isn't really similar

mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

dcmak5 wrote:I hadn't seen Seasick Steve before this, a when I asked a friend what to compare it to they mentioned the Flamin' Groovies, which didn't sound right at all. though recently i was listening to them recently and I'll be damned if this one song isn't really similar

Funny...I never woulda put them in the same category, but if you took this song, stripped it down to drums n guitar, dirtied it up, and had it sung by a 50 year old dude with a beard, you might have SSS!
Hyperbole used for effect!