The Kills with Two Tears 10/10

alteridiom
Little Acorn

Re: The Kills with Two Tears 10/10

Post by alteridiom »

What an amazing show last night. Two Tears were pretty lousy. As mentioned they played on the floor in front of the photo booth. Couldn't see them at all from my spot but was uninterested after the first few songs. Thankfully it was a really short set. The Kills hit the stage shortly after 9 and tore the place down with sex appeal and rock and roll. Allison demands your attention. I tried to watch Jamie as much as I could but Allison pulls you in. Fantastic set. Black Balloon and Baby Says were probably my favorite. They played Baby Says twice as TMR was having issues with the acetate. It looked to me that Allison just wanted to play a song while they were switching and then they could pick up recording after the song was done and the switch was complete. TMR seemed to have other ideas and wanted it recorded. She made a comment when they were switching to "just play through" TMR is still recording to tape as I saw them switching reels out up in the booth. Glad they were smart enough to do this. Would like to see TMR work out the kinks and stream line this process a little better. The last two shows have been great but the flow and feel of the show is weird with pauses, restarts, and fake introductions.
Looking for White Denim Black and Blue
dreamover
Little Acorn

Post by dreamover »

just heard "no wow" wasn't recorded. bummed. the downside to these lathe recordings is it seems like we're going to be getting 15 minute or 4 song sides.
<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

A rousing "Fuck the People" to wind down the mini-encore (not recorded.) Great show.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
hxcoliver
Little Acorn

Post by hxcoliver »

alteridiom wrote:What an amazing show last night. Two Tears were pretty lousy. As mentioned they played on the floor in front of the photo booth. Couldn't see them at all from my spot but was uninterested after the first few songs. Thankfully it was a really short set. The Kills hit the stage shortly after 9 and tore the place down with sex appeal and rock and roll. Allison demands your attention. I tried to watch Jamie as much as I could but Allison pulls you in. Fantastic set. Black Balloon and Baby Says were probably my favorite. They played Baby Says twice as TMR was having issues with the acetate. It looked to me that Allison just wanted to play a song while they were switching and then they could pick up recording after the song was done and the switch was complete. TMR seemed to have other ideas and wanted it recorded. She made a comment when they were switching to "just play through" TMR is still recording to tape as I saw them switching reels out up in the booth. Glad they were smart enough to do this. Would like to see TMR work out the kinks and stream line this process a little better. The last two shows have been great but the flow and feel of the show is weird with pauses, restarts, and fake introductions.
they played Baby Says twice???? that is fucking awesome! that is one of my favorite Kills songs ever! i always replay it at least 2 whenever it comes on my ipod. and i've always thought to myself that it'll be incredibly awesome if a band played a song twice in their set. you know one that the crowd goes wild for, or that they just fucking love playing....it never happens :( it's exciting to hear they played that song, of all songs, twice.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Agree with everyone's reviews. Amazing show. Really liked all the new additions. Pretty crazy to think of the countless hours we've spent in that alley being freezing, soaking wet, or burning up, and now it's really nice looking. The bathrooms are such an awesome addition and the burgers were good too. They managed to bring the awesome atmosphere of the blue room outside to the patio area.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

anonymousbrunette wrote:A rousing "Fuck the People" to wind down the mini-encore (not recorded.) Great show.
Fuck the People was my favorite song of the evening. The show was great, I bet you are glad you made the trip!

This B & B is going to be the best one so far, before my favorite was The 5,6,7,8's.

You coming back for Seasick Steve?
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

orangeshoeskid wrote:Agree with everyone's reviews. Amazing show. Really liked all the new additions. Pretty crazy to think of the countless hours we've spent in that alley being freezing, soaking wet, or burning up, and now it's really nice looking. The bathrooms are such an awesome addition and the burgers were good too. They managed to bring the awesome atmosphere of the blue room outside to the patio area.
The new patio and bathrooms are great!
Third man is THE Venue to go to in Nashville!
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

anonymousbrunette wrote:A rousing "Fuck the People" to wind down the mini-encore (not recorded.) Great show.
Dang really wish they would have recorded this song.
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

For my first Kills show and for a casual fan, I thought the show was pretty killer. I was thrilled to see how Jamie played guitar with no pick. Weird and really cool! And yeah, Allison is a badass for sure. The drum line was a cool addition. For me, the downside was that they didn't play any of the singles that I know (no "Sour Cherry") but it was cool for sure. Seems like a lot of diehard Kills fans were there, not a lot of the usual TMR crowd.

I agree with above - it stinks that the acetate recordings are so short! And yeah, the false starts and whatnot are weird. But, it is definitely a concert experience unlike any other.
Hyperbole used for effect!
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

i'm not entirely sure how tmr used to record their shows BUT isn't it possible that they may still have the old method setup as a back up/just in case contingency plan for cases like these? I know they are really keen on doing the straight to acetate thing but i don't see why they need to eliminate their old method completely. This way they can just use a different source and still offer the entire set.....

but then again, i reckon it wouldnt fit with tmr's "in the moment" ideology......

because No Wow is one HELL of a opening song... i love how it helps build up the electricity until the last third of the song then BAM!!!
"Love, Peace And Hair Grease"
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

candycaneboy03 wrote:i'm not entirely sure how tmr used to record their shows BUT isn't it possible that they may still have the old method setup as a back up/just in case contingency plan for cases like these? I know they are really keen on doing the straight to acetate thing but i don't see why they need to eliminate their old method completely. This way they can just use a different source and still offer the entire set.....
They did have the tape rolling throughout the set as well. Someone saw them flipping the reels in the middle. So, at least for now, they have a backup to the acetate.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
sjcapps07
Little Acorn

Post by sjcapps07 »

orangeshoeskid wrote:
candycaneboy03 wrote:i'm not entirely sure how tmr used to record their shows BUT isn't it possible that they may still have the old method setup as a back up/just in case contingency plan for cases like these? I know they are really keen on doing the straight to acetate thing but i don't see why they need to eliminate their old method completely. This way they can just use a different source and still offer the entire set.....
They did have the tape rolling throughout the set as well. Someone saw them flipping the reels in the middle. So, at least for now, they have a backup to the acetate.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I either read something in one of the announcements or heard something that gave the indication that they're going to be recording both to acetate and to tape (at least for now, presumably).
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Maybe we will get Wow and Fuck the People later on...........would make a killer 7". ! !
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Alabama Woody wrote:Maybe we will get Wow and Fuck the People later on...........would make a killer 7". ! !
+1 That would be an amazing 7"!
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

orangeshoeskid wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:Maybe we will get Wow and Fuck the People later on...........would make a killer 7". ! !
+1 That would be an amazing 7"!

Vault package 7" idea anyone?!?!
"Love, Peace And Hair Grease"