King Tuff & The People's Temple July 13th 2012

maxman142001
Little Ghost

Re: King Tuff & The People's Temple July 13th 2012

Post by maxman142001 »

<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
ellisintransit
Little Cream Soda

Post by ellisintransit »

Well, this show was another great one. The People's Temple were quite kick ass. The Black Angels came to mind. I thought their drummer was a beast. King Tuff was great of course. Seemed to play an even mix of older tunes and stuff from the new album. There was a more-sizeable-than-normal contingent of moms and pre-teens, and lots of Third Man peeps at this show, including Jack and Little Jack. Tried looking for you knoxvle, but never could track down a peacock shirt. Got to hang for a bit with orangeshoeskid and mangry, pleasure seeing yall. Saw Woody and his fam too, but I had to run as soon as the show was over to get back to work. Went to Grimey's before the show and pre-ordered the white version of the new JEFF album and got a pair of JEFF sunglasses and the Hypnotic Knights ep for free. ROCK AND ROLL LUNCH! :D
cmelo

Post by cmelo »

^WOW. Congrats on the fantastic time....!
knoxvle
Little Acorn

Post by knoxvle »

It was a great show! Bought the 7" and 12" and costed me $45 inc shipping to
Canada lol soooo worth it though :)
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

oh man!!! does anyone have a LOSER Ltd Edition they want to part with :)
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

Both bands were stellar!! People's Temple brought it Nuggets-style for sure, and King Tuff is a shredmeister. Jack White stood all up on my wife...and really, who could mind? I think he made her nervous with his pale sexual charisma.
Hyperbole used for effect!
ellisintransit
Little Cream Soda

Post by ellisintransit »

^HA! And maxman, sorry I didn't pick anything up. I wish I had seen your request for that, but I was already on the road to Nashville. I gotta start just picking up everything vinyl at shows.
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

ellisintransit wrote:^HA! And maxman, sorry I didn't pick anything up. I wish I had seen your request for that, but I was already on the road to Nashville. I gotta start just picking up everything vinyl at shows.
no worries :)
sjcapps07
Little Acorn

Post by sjcapps07 »

Really fun show. Picking up the 12" and 7" soon. Also, I've probably been to around a dozen shows at Third Man, and this is the first time I've ever actually seen Jack there (other than The Racs show, which doesn't count), which was cool. I think it would be cool to see more noontime shows there.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

I thought the show was great too. Really surprised by the People's Temple and how much I enjoyed them. It didn't look like a promising turn out at first, by 11:30 there might have been 30-40 people there. Turned out to be maybe 150 or so. Quite a fun way to spend the afternoon.
Looked like they were doing some crazy amount of construction on the new building and in the alley. Can't wait to see what it turns out like.

Oh, and while it's awesome having the lunch time shows... it's really weird seeing so many kids and their parents there. Never seen so many mom jeans at TMR.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

orangeshoeskid wrote:I thought the show was great too. Really surprised by the People's Temple and how much I enjoyed them. It didn't look like a promising turn out at first, by 11:30 there might have been 30-40 people there. Turned out to be maybe 150 or so. Quite a fun way to spend the afternoon.
Looked like they were doing some crazy amount of construction on the new building and in the alley. Can't wait to see what it turns out like.

Oh, and while it's awesome having the lunch time shows... it's really weird seeing so many kids and their parents there. Never seen so many mom jeans at TMR.
It's promising to see kids and parents at concerts, though. When I was a kid, my parents took me to all kinds of punk rock shows. Hell, my dad even took me to see Marilyn Manson on the Anti-christ Superstar tour.

I guess my point is that my parents supported my listening of crappy music, so these parents win by taking their kids to Jack's house!
Hyperbole used for effect!
2crazikids
Little Acorn

Post by 2crazikids »

orangeshoeskid wrote:
I would think the plethora of "mom jeans" is a great sign for TMR, plus all the kids being the next generation of fans. We are his bread and butter you know... ;) I proudly sported my mom jeans at TMR when I went. I can't wait to bring my kids there in August, they are huge WS fans. Sorry, back on topic.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

For those that attended this show and purchased the records, did your receipts have catalog numbers on them? Say, TMR-161 and TMR-162?
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

rsimms3 wrote:For those that attended this show and purchased the records, did your receipts have catalog numbers on them? Say, TMR-161 and TMR-162?
The People's Temple split has the catalog number TMR-166 on the receipt. But the King Tuff split doesn't have a number on the receipt.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

orangeshoeskid wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:For those that attended this show and purchased the records, did your receipts have catalog numbers on them? Say, TMR-161 and TMR-162?
The People's Temple split has the catalog number TMR-166 on the receipt. But the King Tuff split doesn't have a number on the receipt.
Interesting, thanks for the info!
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom