King Tuff & The People's Temple July 13th 2012

trickster
Greek Mod

King Tuff & The People's Temple July 13th 2012

Post by trickster »

TICKET - Rock n Roll lunch with: King Tuff & The People's Temple [Friday, July 13, 2012]

Price: $5.00
Catalogue Number: TK_7.13.12
Rock n Roll lunch with:
King Tuff & The People's Temple
ALL AGES
Doors at 11am
$5
http://store.thirdmanrecords.com/rocknr ... liner.aspx

Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Re: King Tuff & The People's Temple July 13th 2012

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Wonder what this could be? I can't decide if I should buy a ticket. I'm not doing anything that day but I'll have just driven down to Nashville the night before for the King Tuff show.
Never mind. Bought one just in case.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
ellisintransit
Little Cream Soda

Post by ellisintransit »

Yes sir. I'm down for this. Who wouldn't want to go to something called a "rock and roll lunch?"
cmelo

Post by cmelo »

I am so jealous of you all who can go to this and the 7/12 show...and verrry happy for you. Have a *great* time...and please report back!
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

This Friday, July 13th we'll be trying something new at Third Man and we'd love for EVERYONE to be here. Young and old... Let's call it a Rock n Roll lunch. An all ages matinee live rock n roll show here at Third Man Records. What could be better then some mid-afternoon psychedelia and rock music on a summers day?

This Friday at 11am join us in our live venue, The Blue Room, for a pretty amazing show at any time of day, much less for a lunchtime live album recording...
The People's Temple from Lansing MI keep building a reputation for amazing shows and records bursting with heavy psychedelia that swings harder then Earthen Vessle ever did (that one's for you, Lansing MI obscure Christian Psych collectors...).

We can't say much about our headliner just yet, but we're going to announce that tomorrow. But let us just say that their Self Titled album that's recently out is one of our favorites this year on one of our favorite labels of every year and we're excited they're making time to record a sure to be epic Live album with us before they have to roll out of town... Intrigued? You should be!

So all of you students on summer break, unemployed people, rock n roll babies and aging hipsters make your way out to Third Man on Friday afternoon for the first of a cool and fun series of matinee recording sessions at Third Man. You shant regret it!

This Friday, please enter the venue via Drexel at Room In The Inn. Our alleyway is currently under construction.

Black and Blue versions of the headliner's live LP will be available to pre-order for those in attendance after the show from our record store, as will the split color 45 from The People's Temple. The standard black vinyl version will be available as soon as we can get them mixed pressed and on the shelves!

Rock n Roll Lunch Platter Splatter with ????? and THE PEOPLE'S TEMPLE
Friday the 13th
Doors 11am, People's Temple starts at 12 Noon sharp!
$5
ALL AGES Purchase Tickets HERE
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

Why are they not saying the headliner now? Isn't it King Tuff?
notwdrums18
Little Acorn

Post by notwdrums18 »

I need to move to Nashville
Force fed, forced meds 'til I drop dead
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Going to TMR one day after this.....Gauaievwiennepe eowvehjekeokee
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

What's the deal with tickets to these events? If I can't make it, can someone else get them somehow? If I don't make it to the show, is there a way to still get the Black/Blue live LP?

I've always wondered. I never buy tickets to shows I might make the trip down for because I don't want to waste a pair of tickets that someone else can use if I can't make it.
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

arewhyehen wrote:What's the deal with tickets to these events? If I can't make it, can someone else get them somehow? If I don't make it to the show, is there a way to still get the Black/Blue live LP?

I've always wondered. I never buy tickets to shows I might make the trip down for because I don't want to waste a pair of tickets that someone else can use if I can't make it.
Best bet is to buy the tix and see if someone else can use them for you. Back at the Belles' absinthe release show, Nesguys purchased a ticket, then called TMR and had them put it in our friend Elizabeth's name. If you've got Nashville buddies, it's time to start asking favors!
Hyperbole used for effect!
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

mangry wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:What's the deal with tickets to these events? If I can't make it, can someone else get them somehow? If I don't make it to the show, is there a way to still get the Black/Blue live LP?

Best bet is to buy the tix and see if someone else can use them for you. Back at the Belles' absinthe release show, Nesguys purchased a ticket, then called TMR and had them put it in our friend Elizabeth's name. If you've got Nashville buddies, it's time to start asking favors!
I wouldn't really ask them to do anything. I was just wondering if I bought tickets planning to go and find out I can't I still want them to be used. On the other hand, If I can't make it and nobody uses them, can I still get the live LP B/B with the tickets?

There are a few shows I want to go to and I only have a short time to decide before tickets sell out, so I always pass because I don't want to waste a set of tickets. If I could buy them and have options, I could take more time to decide and make another trip to Nashville :D It's been a few months so I am due soon..
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

If anyone would be able to pick up an extra People's Temple 7", PM me and we can work something out. Don't want a black and blue.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Jettkoral wrote:If anyone would be able to pick up an extra People's Temple 7", PM me and we can work something out. Don't want a black and blue.
IF you don't want a black and blue then why would some one have to help you out? Can you not buy one from TMR when they go on sale?
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Stl_ben wrote:
Jettkoral wrote:If anyone would be able to pick up an extra People's Temple 7", PM me and we can work something out. Don't want a black and blue.
IF you don't want a black and blue then why would some one have to help you out? Can you not buy one from TMR when they go on sale?
The ones at the show are splits, the ones that go on later sale are black. I want a split.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Jettkoral wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:
The ones at the show are splits, the ones that go on later sale are black. I want a split.
You just said that you "don't want a Black and blue" but you "want a split"......I'm very confused....also aren't you still trying to raise money for a different purchase?
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net