New Events Section on TMR

rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: New Events Section on TMR

Post by rsimms3 »

grumblestiltskin wrote:
curseofhalos wrote:Store event listed on Nov. 25th for Black Friday record store day. :)
And something to do with online deals referenced....discount, I wonder?
I hope it's not something limited or a super great deal....it'll crash their server.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

Didn't they do a discount thing last year? I can't remember.
dreamover
Little Acorn

Post by dreamover »

curseofhalos wrote:Store event listed on Nov. 25th for Black Friday record store day. :)
it doesn't say anything about record store day. just mentions a black friday sale. i'm thinking, buy a 7", have it put in a new triple decker.
<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

dreamover wrote:
it doesn't say anything about record store day. just mentions a black friday sale. i'm thinking, buy a 7", have it put in a new triple decker.
I just said that because Black Friday is a record Store Day event as well and since they participate in RSD I figured it was in connection with it. Hopefully meaning special releases and stuff of that nature.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

It's Thursday and they have a new release on Tuesday. When the heck are they going to announce it?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Kali Durga wrote:It's Thursday and they have a new release on Tuesday. When the heck are they going to announce it?
Friday, 10 minutes after I leave work.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Ah, so earlier than usual, then?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

New event on January 2nd 2012
No info announced yet
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

They do like to tease, don't they?
sjcapps07
Little Acorn

Post by sjcapps07 »

trickster wrote:New event on January 2nd 2012
No info announced yet
And now it's...not on the calendar any more?
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

sjcapps07 wrote:
No info announced yet
Hasn't been for a while. I've been checking and I think they took it down pretty fast.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

orangeshoeskid wrote:
sjcapps07 wrote:
No info announced yet
Hasn't been for a while. I've been checking and I think they took it down pretty fast.
I noticed it was down fast too. Maybe it was just for the new vault announcement?!?
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

The January 2nd entry must have been for American Pickers, because there's now an entry for that on the Events page for 1/9.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I'm ready to see a show, have a release or something.............I'm about to burst. How about some new Raconteurs? Is that even going to happen.

Right now I'm looking forward to Brendan Bensons new record this spring.

I needs a fix.

Woody
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

So is this Inaugural Rock-n-Roll Lunch going to be a regular series of Saturday Matinee events?? Looks like that is the case after all is said and done...
Here Third Man Records will launch a "fun series of matinee recording sessions" this Friday, July 13. Doors for the show are at 11 a.m., and the bill will feature openers The People's Temple, plus a certain mysterious headliner. Actually, I know who the headliner is, but you guys know that being told something is "off the record" is basically like a magic spell against us journalists, right? It's the only thing that can shut us up....a story about the King Tuff show
this quote came from the Nashville Scene here http://www.nashvillescene.com/nashville ... temple-and

For folks interested in heading out to the King Tuff show ... Keep in mind this note about this show:

"Doors at 11 a.m. with The People's Temple kicking off at noon. Tickets are $5 and available here.
And because there's some construction going on near Third Man, you'll need to "enter the venue via Drexel at Room In The Inn."
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow