This will get a lot of hate, but are TMR taking shortcuts?

Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

This will get a lot of hate, but are TMR taking shortcuts?

Post by Alabama Woody »

My first ever black and blue the RaconTwoers is warped.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
TwinkleLights
Little Cream Soda

Re: This will get a lot of hate, but are TMR taking shortcut

Post by TwinkleLights »

The only TMR orders I've ever had issues with have been posters and both of those were totally positive experiences.

One time they sent the wrong poster & another time they sent two by accident. Both times they were really sweet about it. I offered to send the extra &/or wrong poster back to them & both times they told me to keep it. So I traded one here and gave the other to one of the youth I work with. I've got no complaints.
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

I really have only had this one negative experience, so I really can't complain. Just thought I would give an update in the appropriate forum. Edit: And I do use the term negative lightly.
Hyperbole used for effect!
mushmouth
Little Cream Soda

Post by mushmouth »

mojoryan wrote:It seems to me that mist of the beef we have, is ultimately with URP. Granted, TMR continues to use them, and should probably home their feet to the fire, but there is at least a shared blame.

And yes, stl_ben, you have been very lucky. The Racs b&b was when the trouble started, as far as I noticed.
If TMR stopped using URP and used one of the other dozen plants in the US putting out top notch vinyl product, most of these issues go away overnight. It dawned on me today, reading complaints here about warped records, that they should include one of these with vault membership:

http://www.vinylflat.com/vinylflatproducts.html

:D
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I just stick mine under something heavy and rotate sides every now and then. It works sometimes.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
mushmouth
Little Cream Soda

Post by mushmouth »

Whenever I get a mailer, if its really warm, I take the albums out and sandwich them between other records in my rack right away and leave them. Kinda the same thing. I've only received a couple records with warping though, thankfully.
Grandpadan
Little Bird

Post by Grandpadan »

living in las vegas, i tend to get warped records during summer months. it gets in 110s out here starting in june. so pokey's LP was warped. if i get the mail right away i still have a 50/50 chance of it being warped. now that im reading this thread, i wonder if im getting an already warped record. its hard to tell. but it seems that it only happens during summer time. i usually just pick fedex rather than usps that way it gets to my door and not in the mailbox locker (to bake for awhile before i get it). it wont deter me from ordering more TMR stuff. but still its frustrating to get a warped record in the mail.
ISO: money to buy more records.
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

Grandpadan wrote:living in las vegas, i tend to get warped records during summer months. it gets in 110s out here starting in june. so pokey's LP was warped. if i get the mail right away i still have a 50/50 chance of it being warped. now that im reading this thread, i wonder if im getting an already warped record. its hard to tell. but it seems that it only happens during summer time. i usually just pick fedex rather than usps that way it gets to my door and not in the mailbox locker (to bake for awhile before i get it). it wont deter me from ordering more TMR stuff. but still its frustrating to get a warped record in the mail.
I think the biggest problem is with USPS because they have no a/c's in there trucks and when they are stopped and out delivering mail it can get hot in those things.
texascyclone
Little Acorn

Post by texascyclone »

Alabama Woody wrote:I just stick mine under something heavy and rotate sides every now and then. It works sometimes.
I ve been making one of a kind bowls out of my records... You should try a little heat maybe a heat gun or hair dryer...
Pics to come...
visage
Little Bird

Post by visage »

http://howto.wired.com/wiki/Fix_a_Warped_Record

I've fixed a few Pink Floyd LPs by using thick plexi glass, inside covered in kitchen towel on each plexi glass, then held together on the outside with wood clamps, then left in the attic which gets about 40 celsius = 104 Far (in the summer) for a few days

I learned this trick from shopping in Tokyo for records and noticed many shop owners having similar "construction" in their window/direct sunlight

the above link/article old but good
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

This was on the TMR twitter, seems appropriate to put it in this thread.

https://twitter.com/thirdmanrecords/sta ... 6422902785
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

TMR replied to a couple of comments that there are no records in those boxes, only jackets.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

That's a lot of jackets.
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Post by Getbacktogether »

Who thinks those are vinyl and TMR is fibbing?
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Getbacktogether wrote:Who thinks those are vinyl and TMR is fibbing?
The pallets probably wouldn't be wrapped if they had vinyl in them. Every time I've toured URP 70% of the boxes with just jackets say "Made In Canada". Makes me think they are gearing up for the Triplets release and the 180g version of Elephant due out in September.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom