RSD at TMR

Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: RSD at TMR

Post by Kali Durga »

Swank replaced his crappy pedophile van with a crappy Honda...? And it's hilarious that Blackwell asked about the kickball game.

Nice shot of the new sign, Greg. Thanks!
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

dylnfan wrote:I see your 5 triple deckers greginchains and raise you 7 liquid filled 16 salteens! ;)
564893_175030032619725_100003381882150_245719_745569716_n.jpg
i think you beat greg (and most of us) awhile ago when you won the TMR vault lottery..lol
greginchains
Little Ghost

Post by greginchains »

Kali Durga wrote:Swank replaced his crappy pedophile van with a crappy Honda...? And it's hilarious that Blackwell asked about the kickball game.

Nice shot of the new sign, Greg. Thanks!
You're welcome! And another from a bit back.
I only wanted to be good enough, but I'm not.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Man, I can't wait to hear what's going on in the new building.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

As a side note to the picture above, on Friday they had the large roll down door open after they pulled the RRS out to wash it. I looked inside and it is still rough in there. Everything is still rough drywall and there was a large stack of what looked sort of like pallets or maybe stud sections for walls, I wasn't sure. They had the long florescent lights in the ceiling - two sets were normal, one set was yellow, and one set was red. It was a bit strange. The room right at the rolling door is large. The ceiling goes all the way up. On the left there is a hallway but inside the large room there is a second level sort of walkway that comes down that hallway and goes along the inside rear of the large room. It's tough to describe. Sort of like a walkway above a factory floor that managers would use to watch production. In the back of the building where la casa de shanty was located, there were three doors and the gap from the bottom of the door to the floor was about 2 inches. You could see under them inside and it was the same as the front room, bare down to drywall. I'd say they still have several more months before this space is ready for prime time.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Even in that state, it's still freaking exciting. Thanks for the description.
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

rsimms3 wrote:As a side note to the picture above, on Friday they had the large roll down door open after they pulled the RRS out to wash it. I looked inside and it is still rough in there. Everything is still rough drywall and there was a large stack of what looked sort of like pallets or maybe stud sections for walls, I wasn't sure. They had the long florescent lights in the ceiling - two sets were normal, one set was yellow, and one set was red. It was a bit strange. The room right at the rolling door is large. The ceiling goes all the way up. On the left there is a hallway but inside the large room there is a second level sort of walkway that comes down that hallway and goes along the inside rear of the large room. It's tough to describe. Sort of like a walkway above a factory floor that managers would use to watch production. In the back of the building where la casa de shanty was located, there were three doors and the gap from the bottom of the door to the floor was about 2 inches. You could see under them inside and it was the same as the front room, bare down to drywall. I'd say they still have several more months before this space is ready for prime time.
I wonder if this is where they will house the Oompa Loompas?
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Hahaha! I just got the most vivid image of a line of yellow'n'white'n'black Oompa Loompas singing and dancing on that elevated walkway along the rear of the room... Something about how flippers get punished.

I'm gonna be giggling over that all damned morning :lol:
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

I can imagine the Craigslist ad now.... "ISO: Twenty Oompa Loompas needed for Jack White video/re-enactment of scene from Willy Wonka".
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

^^ Said video to be posted on the TMR news page for the announcement of the grand opening of the expansion.
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

Kali Durga wrote:^^ Said video to be posted on the TMR news page for the announcement of the grand opening of the expansion.
Did they say when?
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Not that I've heard, though I'm certainly not in-the-know, y'know. Still keeping it mum, as they normally do.
Last edited by Kali Durga on Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sandmaniac3
Little Acorn

Post by sandmaniac3 »

I can see it now. A bunch of Oompa Loompas singing and dancing... around an awkward looking Swank.
Has everything you said today been true?
dreamover
Little Acorn

Post by dreamover »

patchwork wrote:did anybody else see aziz ansari roll up. just wondering if he was there for records or if they have something going on with him for a green series or something like that
when did this happen? i was at the show and came by TMR right after to get in the RRS line.
<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com
greginchains
Little Ghost

Post by greginchains »

dylnfan wrote:I see your 5 triple deckers greginchains and raise you 7 liquid filled 16 salteens! ;)
564893_175030032619725_100003381882150_245719_745569716_n.jpg
Hey there Bobby! You're right, 7 beats the 5, but as pictured, I see only 1 per person.
This is how you do it! :lol: :o :lol: :shock:
I only wanted to be good enough, but I'm not.