TMR-300 - Get Behind Me Satan

Thinkfirst
Little Bird

Re: TMR-300 - Get Behind Me Satan

Post by Thinkfirst »

I was hoping that would be lenticular too!
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

rsimms3 wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:
dylnfan wrote:
Aquamarine wrote:Meg has been replaced in both those pictures . . . :(
Yeah, not sure how I feel about Jack replacing her in the promo photo. Just seems like she's being left out.
I think it only looks that way in the cover photo (bottom right corner of that image) because it's the lenticular cover. You can see a shadow of her hair and the other guy's hat.
He's talking about the inside cover, the photo of Jack and the twins.
Correct.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

dylnfan wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:
dylnfan wrote:
Aquamarine wrote:Meg has been replaced in both those pictures . . . :(
Yeah, not sure how I feel about Jack replacing her in the promo photo. Just seems like she's being left out.
I think it only looks that way in the cover photo (bottom right corner of that image) because it's the lenticular cover. You can see a shadow of her hair and the other guy's hat.
He's talking about the inside cover, the photo of Jack and the twins.
Correct.
Yes, but she, aquamarine, seems to be talking about both photos, since she used the word "both". Apparently I should have only quoted her post.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Ah, confusion averted.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

My point basically was that if you look at the bottom two pictures, even if we're only getting one angle of the lenticular cover, they're pictures where we're used to seeing Meg, and now we don't.

Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Aquamarine wrote:My point basically was that if you look at the bottom two pictures, even if we're only getting one angle of the lenticular cover, they're pictures where we're used to seeing Meg, and now we don't.

but you will....you just have to look at the other angle!
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

But you will if you hold the lenticular cover the correct way! She's still there and, even if she's not, she's still in our hearts. Right?

I dunno why Jack felt the need to recreate that image with himself in Meg's place. As usual with him, gotta wonder whether he anticipated the reaction and did it provocatively or ingenuously.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Just realized the new Jack picture will be the back cover, not the inner cover after they fold it. Top half is the inside, bottom half the outside with the spine separating the new Jack picture and the lenticular cover.

As for Jack replacing Meg, at least he kept the balance by changing the men to women and the kick drum from a woman to a man. Rita Hayworth?
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

rsimms3 wrote:Just realized the new Jack picture will be the back cover, not the inner cover after they fold it. Top half is the inside, bottom half the outside with the spine separating the new Jack picture and the lenticular cover.

As for Jack replacing Meg, at least he kept the balance by changing the men to women and the kick drum from a woman to a man. Rita Hayworth?
Yes, he does think of those details. Rita to Gregory. Were they ever in a film together...?
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Kali Durga wrote:But you will if you hold the lenticular cover the correct way!
Yes, I know how a lenticular image works. But that's not the angle that appears in that image I just reposted, which is what I was commenting on.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Aquamarine wrote:
Yes, I know how a lenticular image works. But that's not the angle that appears in that image I just reposted, which is what I was commenting on.
That was just a random quick picture someone took....it's not a promotional image or anything.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

rsimms3 wrote:Just realized the new Jack picture will be the back cover, not the inner cover after they fold it. Top half is the inside, bottom half the outside with the spine separating the new Jack picture and the lenticular cover.
Strange. I can only assume that won't be the case when the proper sleeves are printed, the image with the track listing also has all the legal blurb and record label logos at the bottom and I don't think I've ever seen that on the inside of the gatefold instead of the back.
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Stl_ben wrote:
Aquamarine wrote:
That was just a random quick picture someone took....it's not a promotional image or anything.
I know!!!! I'm just commenting on what I'm looking at IN THOSE PARTICULAR IMAGES. It makes zero difference if it looks different from another angle, I'm talking about WHAT I'M LOOKING AT THERE!!

All clear now? :lol:
gst510
Little Acorn

Post by gst510 »

Jamie wrote:
Strange. I can only assume that won't be the case when the proper sleeves are printed, the image with the track listing also has all the legal blurb and record label logos at the bottom and I don't think I've ever seen that on the inside of the gatefold instead of the back.
Impulse records did this for a long long time.
koala
Little Acorn

Post by koala »

Unless they're doing different versions of the cover with the b&w Meg and Jack photos, I don't see the point in recreating the photo with Jack in it and using that for every copy. Especially when everybody knows that it's a post-white stripes image of his.
But that's my problem.
It looks really cool otherwise.