RSD at TMR

arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Re: RSD at TMR

Post by arewhyehen »

hawke000 wrote:Lots of videos posted about these liquid records. Didn't really watch this one but am posting anyway:

*EDIT* Never mind. same dude just made a longer video...

I'm in the video at the RRS at 8:30am :lol:

oh and actually i am in the clip its showing right now (9:30am)
Last edited by arewhyehen on Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
texascyclone
Little Acorn

Post by texascyclone »

Clearly did not read the label.
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

I think I've made up the serious sleep debt I accrued this weekend. What a great time! From getting in line to walking out of the store it was about 20 hours and I enjoyed every minute of it.

The great people at TMR deserve a big thank you. They didn't have to bring in port-a-potties for us lunatics camping out but they were much appreciated. Setting up the RRS ahead of time to avoid any problems with line jumping was also a nice move by them. Many members of the staff were nice enough to stop and take time to say hello and answer questions for those of us who were there Friday afternoon. Blackwell stopped by for a good 20 minutes at least to answer questions and chat. At one point he even asked if the kickball game was going to happen. TMR put a lot of work into making sure as many fans as possible could get ahold of the RSD releases. They were bringing in RSD products all Friday afternoon as well as Saturday morning. Several of the employees were there well after closing time most likely still assembling product. One of the topics that kept coming up among those of us in line was who the Honda, probably early 90's model, belonged to. The muffler was laying in the back seat, the trunk looked like it was tied close and the mirror was hanging on for dear life. We had all decided it must belong to one of the interns who probably don't get paid much, if at all. After Swank took a few minutes to talk we all got a good laugh when he asked if we liked his car, proudly proclaimed it only cost him a couple hundred bucks and hopped into it.

As great as TMR was though what I'll always remember are the great people in line. Like some others I had some concerns about making this trip on my own. Luckily I never felt like I was alone from the minute I arrived in line. Actually ended up with four other people who also made the trip solo right there in line with me. Two of them were swirlers, Graham (pj101ca) and Brad (bkramer10). Can't thank them, David from Chattanooga and Paula who drove all the way from Minneapolis by herself enough for being such great company. Was able to meet a ton of swirlers this year and although I can't mention you all by name it was great to meet every one of you. Would like to especially thank both Ryans, Pugface and Josey for pointing out and introducing me to several other swirlers. You old-timers made it much easier for me to meet even more great people. We really do have some great people on this board.

Met a lot of people who aren't swirlers there as well who were great. Actually, even some people who were obviously flippers were incredibly friendly. After telling people all afternoon that I had made the drive over from Dallas there was a humorous moment when our resident Mavs fan posted a LFR with his go mavericks eBay ID. People initially believed it was me until I pointed out that I am a Laker fan. At that point they just gave me shit for that instead.

Overall just had a fantastic time in Nashville starting with the listening party at Grimey's Thursday evening. Even with the weather I'd do it again in a heart beat. Only regret was having to bolt out of town shortly after the store opened. Wish I could have stuck around to party with some of you that stuck around. Luckily, there is always next year....
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

anonymousbrunette wrote:
arewhyehen wrote: i did see your video. very cool. i think i saw you walk by me while i was in line a few times but i wasnt sure if it was you or not and i didnt want to be a creep and ask lol
I wish you'd said something! That's not being a creep. Saying something - then being a arse - is creepy. If you aren't one, then you had nothing to worry about.

Glad you made the trip. You certainly earned some gorgeous vinyl for the drive you made and the weather you endured. Once your friends see what you have you should have no problem finding a road trip mate next time.
If it was Ara she most certainly would not have treated you like a creep Ryan. I was lucky enough to meet her when I stopped by to say hi to Ed (coldsoup) who I had the pleasure of meeting last year. She could not have been more gracious and friendly. Getting a chance to chat with both of them was definitely one of the highlights of my trip.
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

arewhyehen wrote:
pj101ca wrote:Thanks to cwja for, well, let's see........ the beer, the tent, ordering food, etc. Stand up dude.
+1
Right back at both of ya. It was an absolute pleasure to meet and hang out with both of you.
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

cwja wrote:I think I've made up the serious sleep debt I accrued this weekend. What a great time! From getting in line to walking out of the store it was about 20 hours and I enjoyed every minute of it.

The great people at TMR deserve a big thank you. They didn't have to bring in port-a-potties for us lunatics camping out but they were much appreciated. Setting up the RRS ahead of time to avoid any problems with line jumping was also a nice move by them. Many members of the staff were nice enough to stop and take time to say hello and answer questions for those of us who were there Friday afternoon. Blackwell stopped by for a good 20 minutes at least to answer questions and chat. At one point he even asked if the kickball game was going to happen. TMR put a lot of work into making sure as many fans as possible could get ahold of the RSD releases. They were bringing in RSD products all Friday afternoon as well as Saturday morning. Several of the employees were there well after closing time most likely still assembling product. One of the topics that kept coming up among those of us in line was who the Honda, probably early 90's model, belonged to. The muffler was laying in the back seat, the trunk looked like it was tied close and the mirror was hanging on for dear life. We had all decided it must belong to one of the interns who probably don't get paid much, if at all. After Swank took a few minutes to talk we all got a good laugh when he asked if we liked his car, proudly proclaimed it only cost him a couple hundred bucks and hopped into it.

As great as TMR was though what I'll always remember are the great people in line. Like some others I had some concerns about making this trip on my own. Luckily I never felt like I was alone from the minute I arrived in line. Actually ended up with four other people who also made the trip solo right there in line with me. Two of them were swirlers, Graham (pj101ca) and Brad (bkramer10). Can't thank them, David from Chattanooga and Paula who drove all the way from Minneapolis by herself enough for being such great company. Was able to meet a ton of swirlers this year and although I can't mention you all by name it was great to meet every one of you. Would like to especially thank both Ryans, Pugface and Josey for pointing out and introducing me to several other swirlers. You old-timers made it much easier for me to meet even more great people. We really do have some great people on this board.

Met a lot of people who aren't swirlers there as well who were great. Actually, even some people who were obviously flippers were incredibly friendly. After telling people all afternoon that I had made the drive over from Dallas there was a humorous moment when our resident Mavs fan posted a LFR with his go mavericks eBay ID. People initially believed it was me until I pointed out that I am a Laker fan. At that point they just gave me shit for that instead.

Overall just had a fantastic time in Nashville starting with the listening party at Grimey's Thursday evening. Even with the weather I'd do it again in a heart beat. Only regret was having to bolt out of town shortly after the store opened. Wish I could have stuck around to party with some of you that stuck around. Luckily, there is always next year....
My pleasure, Chris. And yes, there are a ton of really fantastic people on this board. We certainly have been through our rough spots as an online community, but hell, just like outside of swirlville; that which does not kill us...yada, yada, yada. ;)
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

cwja wrote: As great as TMR was though what I'll always remember are the great people in line. Like some others I had some concerns about making this trip on my own. Luckily I never felt like I was alone from the minute I arrived in line. Actually ended up with four other people who also made the trip solo right there in line with me. Two of them were swirlers, Graham (pj101ca) and Brad (bkramer10). Can't thank them, David from Chattanooga and Paula who drove all the way from Minneapolis by herself enough for being such great company. Was able to meet a ton of swirlers this year and although I can't mention you all by name it was great to meet every one of you. Would like to especially thank both Ryans, Pugface and Josey for pointing out and introducing me to several other swirlers. You old-timers made it much easier for me to meet even more great people. We really do have some great people on this board.
I agree dude, I did not feel alone at all while I was at TMR or Grimeys because I had met so many of you in line. It was very nice to meet all of you. A lot of you I felt as if we've been friends for awhile even though we had just met and it was quite easy to talk for hours at a time while waiting in line. Can't wait for the next big release. Let's hope for no rain so we can all get wasted....
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

cwja wrote:
anonymousbrunette wrote:
arewhyehen wrote: i did see your video. very cool. i think i saw you walk by me while i was in line a few times but i wasnt sure if it was you or not and i didnt want to be a creep and ask lol
I wish you'd said something! That's not being a creep. Saying something - then being a arse - is creepy. If you aren't one, then you had nothing to worry about.

Glad you made the trip. You certainly earned some gorgeous vinyl for the drive you made and the weather you endured. Once your friends see what you have you should have no problem finding a road trip mate next time.
If it was Ara she most certainly would not have treated you like a creep Ryan. I was lucky enough to meet her when I stopped by to say hi to Ed (coldsoup) who I had the pleasure of meeting last year. She could not have been more gracious and friendly. Getting a chance to chat with both of them was definitely one of the highlights of my trip.
Well I keep hearing from everyone in here how pretty Ara is, so duh, of course I want to meet her haha it's just too bad it rained so long because I was hoping to get together with a lot more people from here but we all just hid in our tents most of the night :(
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

Be careful, her bite is worse than her bark.
greginchains
Little Ghost

Post by greginchains »

Here's the new TMR sign on the new bldg.
I only wanted to be good enough, but I'm not.
JohnC
Little Ghost

Post by JohnC »

Very nice !
http://hhhancock.tumblr.com

ISO :
Action Bronson - LP's , 7"s etc !
Supercute/Dum Dum Girls - Rookie Tunes Flexi.
Tina Trachtenburg "Rachel" doll
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

I see your 5 triple deckers greginchains and raise you 7 liquid filled 16 salteens! ;)
564893_175030032619725_100003381882150_245719_745569716_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
patchwork
Little Acorn

Post by patchwork »

did anybody else see aziz ansari roll up. just wondering if he was there for records or if they have something going on with him for a green series or something like that
the bus came by and i got on, that's where it all began
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

hawke000 wrote:Be careful, her bite is worse than her bark.
I want my glowies back. Woof.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

patchwork wrote:did anybody else see aziz ansari roll up. just wondering if he was there for records or if they have something going on with him for a green series or something like that
He was in town doing a show Friday night and from what I gathered just drove by/stopped to see all the crazies. There were a couple people in line in front of us, I KNOW one of them was a Swirler, who had gone to the show but left midway through to get in line for RSD.

Also, for those in the RRS and were around the corner, Swank drove by Friday evening going to dinner. Saturday he said he wanted to stop and say hi because he felt for all of us standing in line but his girlfriend was hungry and wanted to get to dinner. Man that car is a beater!
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom