RSD at TMR

rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: RSD at TMR

Post by rsimms3 »

These will be fine, thanks!
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

orangeshoeskid wrote:Didn't even know they had stickers for RSD. Anyone have an extra or at least a picture of one?
They had them in the window of the RRS, not sure about the store front. If I hadn't been around when ochfish was talking to Swank I would have probably missed out on them as well. I have an extra RSD that I will trade for a SXSW sticker (apparently they had them there as well and that was the first time they were selling them, it will be an ongoing endeavor for future RRS stops)

Side note: For the folks that purchased stuff in the storefront, were they giving away the RJ handbill sets with purchases? I've seen several eBay auctions that include the handbill set with a LFR.

Image Image
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
patchwork
Little Acorn

Post by patchwork »

rsimms3 wrote:
orangeshoeskid wrote:Didn't even know they had stickers for RSD. Anyone have an extra or at least a picture of one?
They had them in the window of the RRS, not sure about the store front. If I hadn't been around when ochfish was talking to Swank I would have probably missed out on them as well. I have an extra RSD that I will trade for a SXSW sticker (apparently they had them there as well and that was the first time they were selling them, it will be an ongoing endeavor for future RRS stops)

Side note: For the folks that purchased stuff in the storefront, were they giving away the RJ handbill sets with purchases? I've seen several eBay auctions that include the handbill set with a LFR.

Image Image

yeah you get the handbills for purchasing over $100 or something like that
the bus came by and i got on, that's where it all began
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Ok, all I wanna know is... Did anyone get video of Tom rolling up and dropping the dry ice while blasting his test press of Blunderbuss???

And, dammit, I really, really wish I could'a been there *grumblegrumble* Glad you all had a good time through all the miserable weather and waiting :)
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Stickers were available inside too (but they forgot to put mine in my bag!, didn't notice till I got back to St Louis.). Yes they were giving out the prints....How many of those damn things do they have!
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
ellisintransit
Little Cream Soda

Post by ellisintransit »

Glad to meet some cool damned folks. Bringing an EZ-Up was a solid idea. The rain and wind were effing ridiculous. Without all that it would have been so much easier to meet everybody. But, we had a great time anyway. hxcoliver, dreamover, meetmeinmontauk and runofthemill, it was awesome hanging. And to runofthemill and the other guys hanging out in the tent all night, I completely forgot to even say goodbye. After the extra 2 1/2 hours waiting after the RRS opened I was so excited to just finally have the stuff I forgot, but you guys were all the bomb. Can't wait to do it again. It's fun to geek out over records and TMR for 13+ hours straight.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Stl_ben wrote:Yes they were giving out the prints....How many of those damn things do they have!
When they first started selling them someone told my wife that they were limited. So she bought a couple sets for trading and later forgot about them. And then with all the free ones we've had thrown in... I think we have probably 6 sets of those things. No idea how many they've printed, but they sure aren't limited in the least.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

orangeshoeskid wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:Yes they were giving out the prints....How many of those damn things do they have!
When they first started selling them someone told my wife that they were limited. So she bought a couple sets for trading and later forgot about them. And then with all the free ones we've had thrown in... I think we have probably 6 sets of those things. No idea how many they've printed, but they sure aren't limited in the least.
same here, i thought i had heard from one of the ladies there that they were gonna be limited to 100 (or maybe 1000???) and available at TMR only. obviously, the quantity part is not correct. of course, when the 3" sets showed up at the LA pop-up and then some found there way home to nashville, when i bought a bunch to distribute amongst vaultie friends, i was definately told there were only 40 or so sets left... lolz.
he is everything i hate...
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

elduderino wrote:
orangeshoeskid wrote:
same here, i thought i had heard from one of the ladies there that they were gonna be limited to 100 (or maybe 1000???) and available at TMR only. obviously, the quantity part is not correct. of course, when the 3" sets showed up at the LA pop-up and then some found there way home to nashville, when i bought a bunch to distribute amongst vaultie friends, i was definately told there were only 40 or so sets left... lolz.
The RRS line didn't get anything free to throw in the fire and dance around in a magical Wiccan ceremony so be glad you have 6 sets instead of 0. I may freeze to death next winter since I'll have nothing to start a fire.
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

rsimms3 wrote:
elduderino wrote:
orangeshoeskid wrote:
The RRS line didn't get anything free to throw in the fire and dance around in a magical Wiccan ceremony so be glad you have 6 sets instead of 0. I may freeze to death next winter since I'll have nothing to start a fire.
hahaha death
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Did y'all know that there were apparently long lines at Third Man for RSD? http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/industry ... 1152.story
Long lines were the norm at Third Man Records in Nashville, too. General manager Ben Swank said Record Store Day was busy and "probably our most successful day financially to date" even though Third Man sold only its own vinyl releases and didn't host any live performances. Nevertheless, fans were lined up well into the afternoon to buy titles in either the physical store or Third Man's yellow-and-black mobile record store. "But more importantly," Swank continued, "it's very exciting and fulfilling for us to create some brand new concepts and products such as the liquid filled record and a playable etched record and get those directly into fan's hands and the public's consciousness."
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
JoseyWales
Little Acorn

Post by JoseyWales »

Man I had a great weekend!
Was awesome to see some of you great folks again and some for the first time.
Besides the miserable cold/wet night I had a really great time and we made the best out of the worst anyways.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I would trade my set of handbills for one or both of those stickers or a lil $

Woody
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
ochfish707
Little Ghost

Post by ochfish707 »

patchwork wrote:i had a great time at tmr glad i got to see some of yall again. och i wish i would have known you guys were there i would have came and hung out. we were camped out behind the new building. i was the one with the big ass tarp hung up on the fence and building. it was cold but we stayed dry. had the wife and kid so i couldnt hang out as much as i would have liked but i still had a great time. does anybody know why aziz was there? was he getting a record or just hanging out

i thought i saw you but i didn't know you were going!! ahh next time!
'i'm taking my ball and going home'
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

Lots of videos posted about these liquid records. Didn't really watch this one but am posting anyway:

*EDIT* Never mind. same dude just made a longer video...