Paramount Record Box Set

Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Paramount Record Box Set

Post by Kali Durga »

dunedin wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:Considering I was told this morning that I need to replace the front brakes on my car to the tune of $600, I don't know why I'm even looking at this thread right now. Bah.
You could have them molded from the aluminum box... ok probably not.
And destroy that lovely box??? Sacrilege! Though I did tell Swank the other night that when I do get my set, I want to figure out how to attach the usb to the hood of my car.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
MedozK
Little Cream Soda

Post by MedozK »

ccmusic code still good = $292.93 shipped
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Fascinating . . .

If you've read the materials in the first box regarding how 78s were recorded, and if you've read Do Not Sell at Any Price, this makes a shit-ton of sense.

http://www.truthsayer.info/king-delta-b ... ong-speed/
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Number one, I need to remember to pick up a copy of that book because I loved her other book, It Still Moves. Number two, It'd take a lot of listenings to get used to hearing Johnson like that.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Interesting article that gives an idea of just how involved Alex van der Tuuk was in putting these sets together-- http://www.jsonline.com/entertainment/m ... 70961.html
tomhkr
Little Bird

Post by tomhkr »

People in the UK Piccadilly records in Manchester is selling it £399 free postage. Price at the top end I know but no worry about import tax
http://www.piccadillyrecords.com/prod/V ... 00008.html
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

Catch Jack discussing The Rise and Fall of Paramount Records, Volume 2 with Anthony Mason on CBS This Morning this Saturday, November 29th, at 9am ET/6am PT.

http://thirdmanrecords.com/news/a-very- ... s-morning/
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

CCMusic just cancelled my Vol 2 order. Bugger. :evil:
MedozK
Little Cream Soda

Post by MedozK »

dunedin wrote:CCMusic just cancelled my Vol 2 order. Bugger. :evil:
I wonder why? When did you order it?
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

MedozK wrote:
October 23rd. They said that it was out of stock and not available at this time , but the order is still open, status back-ordered, and it is still listed on the website so I don't know what's going on.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

TMR keeps putting off the date of when they will have them in store. I have emailed twice now. The last email said in January.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
redflag
Little Cream Soda

Post by redflag »

Mine was mailed out on the 6th from TMR. Weird that they are not in the store.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I know. I guess they are taking care of pre orders or web orders. I really want to avoid shipping if possible. They said early to mid December then early to middle of January when I emailed.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

Alabama Woody wrote:TMR keeps putting off the date of when they will have them in store. I have emailed twice now. The last email said in January.
Thanks v much for the info. I guess they will appear in retail outlets after that date.
mjm
Little Bird

Post by mjm »

dunedin wrote:
MedozK wrote:
October 23rd. They said that it was out of stock and not available at this time , but the order is still open, status back-ordered, and it is still listed on the website so I don't know what's going on.

I pre-ordered from CC Music around 11/6, and at the time their page said expected release date 11/17. About 12/6 when i'd heard nothing for over 2 weeks, i emailed their support, and got no response. Finally i called their support number the other day and got someone, who said it was on back-order with an expected date of Dec. something (forgot what he said, but something around mid-December). He asked 'do you still want to keep it?'. I said, 'what, the order?' 'Yeah, do you want to keep it, or cancel it?'. I told him to keep it as-is. Funny they just cancelled someone else's order. They don't seem too well-organized over there.