Leaking Liquid Filled Records

hawke000

Re: Leaking Liquid Filled Records

Post by hawke000 »

texascyclone wrote:I BET JACK LOVES THIS SHIT
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm sure he does, but its all about quality here. Don't sell someone a car and say oh by the way the wheels might come off eventually...
kayjay
Little Cream Soda

Post by kayjay »

hawke000 wrote:
I'm sure he does, but its all about quality here. Don't sell someone a car and say oh by the way the wheels might come off eventually...
+1!
<JackWhite>: i believe that all people male/female should only wear white socks
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

texascyclone wrote:Oh and try playing both songs on the slow speed f@#$%^ing amazing.
Does the water swirl around more at 33rpm?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

hawke000 wrote:
almost as funny as sweating racs soap.
he is everything i hate...
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

elduderino wrote:
hawke000 wrote:
almost as funny as sweating racs soap.
+20
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

mine is in perfect condition no leaks or anything,, but my girlfriends started leaking from the center spindle hole,, we thought it was leaking out of the plug so we put some glue on the plug and kept it upright with the plug above the waterline but even with that it leaked and now both sides of the label are stained blue and there was liquid in the bag outside the record,,, so i recommend people also put some glue inside of the spindle hole, im reinforcing my copy with glue there as well

has anybody else had the record leak through the spindle hole?

im debating whether to put glue along the outer edge, the pre existing glue seems pretty solid though,,

we're going to email TMR and ask if by chance they have any extra labels they could send us so we put them on, probably not but worth a shot, kinda sucks to fly across the country to nashville, sit in the rain all night, pay $100 for a record and end up with a stained blue label,, but even if we dont get an extra label it was well worth it
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

runofthemill wrote:
This guy is a genius.... What's he going to do when he finally has a girl in his room when he turns 35 and this thing is still sitting there because he's afraid to move it? "Yeah, that's been there for 15 years because I'm afraid to move it. It leaks." Heaven forbid he take it into the bathroom and actually figure out where it's leaking. I need to message that guy and tell him I'll give him $20 for it. I can see the statement from TMR now -

Suckers.
/end statement.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

achouza wrote: we're going to email TMR and ask if by chance they have any extra labels they could send us so we put them on, probably not but worth a shot, kinda sucks to fly across the country to nashville, sit in the rain all night, pay $100 for a record and end up with a stained blue label,, but even if we dont get an extra label it was well worth it
Let me know if you get a response back saying that you can get a replacement label. One of mine is saturated and blue on both sides.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

Hi, uhhh...is this Third Man? I was wonderi----
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

you realize, the liquid inside is jack's tears, right?
he is everything i hate...
kalv04
Little Acorn

Post by kalv04 »

elduderino wrote:you realize, the liquid inside is jack's tears, right?
From crying or laughing so hard about the record? It makes a difference on the value.....
"Bye Snookums!" -nickboat
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

I just used some of Jack's tears from my LFR to capture a unicorn. They love drinking Jack's tears!
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
texascyclone
Little Acorn

Post by texascyclone »

[imgImage
By thirdmanfan at 2012-04-23][/img]

Anyone care to Guess
dcmak5
Little Acorn

Post by dcmak5 »

texascyclone wrote:[imgImage