TMR-237 - Paramount "Battle Royale" 78 RPM 10"

chaptertwentyone
Little People

Re: TMR-237 - Paramount "Battle Royale" 78 RPM 10"

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Look at a lot of the tricolor starting prices over the past year or the Sun-Rays....seems in line to start at $200 but it will go down. Cash Sun-Rays have been under $200 in the past few auctions if memory serves me. The other two Sun-Rays can be had for $100 or less. Other than the novelty and TMR number, I don't think there's a large draw for these records.
You probably heard we ain't in the record flippin' business; we in the record collecting business. And cousin, business is a-boomin'.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Amazing release. I would love more 78's to be made for special events, would be amazing!
TRWS75
Little Cream Soda

Post by TRWS75 »

Posting this here as well as the Box set thread...

If anyone who got a 78 with a sleeve with writing or a card on it about a song or artist - would you mind posting the info or a picture of it? I looked up the artist on the "order card" on my sleeve - Joe Loco. Very interesting story/history via a youtube link:

"The theme song for the short-lived 1954 tour 'Mambo USA', designed to bring authentic mambo from NYC's Palladium to the deep south, not unlike the popular r&b tours of the early 1950's. But unlike those largely all-black revues, the mambo bands and dance troupes featured a multi-hued array of Latinos, Afro-Latinos, African-Americans and whites. Unprepared for the multi-racial troupe, audiences in Baltimore, Washington DC and Richmond were startled on many levels. For example, nearly half of the legendary Machito orchestra was comprised of African-American jazz musicians. The sight of Afro Puerto Rican "Cuban Pete" Aguilar dancing with his Italian wife, Millie Donay was unheard of for Southern audiences. After several band members were arrested in Richmond for not moving off of the sidewalk as whites approached, the tour was called off and the troupe returned to NYC."
avard
Little Bird

Post by avard »

Side A. Is. The. Best. DEAD. WAX. EVER.

Wikipedia, An insect that produces SHELLAC.

And NOT. The Steve albini lead musical outfit.

JACK WHITE mentioned. SHELLAC being used to make these 78. Vinyl releases. At the New York Public Library talk.

This alone has convinced me to spend $400 dollars on an OBJECT de ART

I will start hitch hiking again now.
oojavaguru
Little Cream Soda

Post by oojavaguru »

Again, because I'd really like to know, as I had a friend attend this who is shipping me a 78---are the 2 tracks on the 78 exclusive to this release, or can they also be found on the Paramount box set? Anyone? Surely someone has to know the answer.
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

oojavaguru wrote:Again, because I'd really like to know, as I had a friend attend this who is shipping me a 78---are the 2 tracks on the 78 exclusive to this release, or can they also be found on the Paramount box set? Anyone? Surely someone has to know the answer.
They are on the USB, but not the vinyl.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

That H.C. Gatewood was a hell of a sermonizer. I love his Well of Salvation piece.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

I received this today. Thanks to the Swirler who picked this up and shipped it to me. My sticker is for Capitol 144 which is Poinciana/Hurry, Hurry by Benny Carter.
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

Stumbled across one of these bad boys at the Nashville storefront this afternoon. Gem of a score. 👍
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

dylnfan wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 12:31 am Stumbled across one of these bad boys at the Nashville storefront this afternoon. Gem of a score. 👍
Oh nice. Hope you're well.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org