Third Man 45 Cut outs

Post by ghostman »

Anybody else see this? Any story on it?

[ebay]111072656342[/ebay]
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Re: Third Man 45 Cut outs

Post by Stl_ben »

ghostman wrote:Anybody else see this? Any story on it?

[ebay]111072656342[/ebay]
Fixed / Please move to eBay thread.
They are just the punched out centers from when they make 7" records
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

I'm going to leave it here, just because they are on eBay doesn't mean they don't deserve their own thread. If there is a thread on punchouts in this forum let me know and I'll merge, otherwise we can continue this discussion here.

As Ben stated, these are the actual centers from 45s. Not to be confused with the punchouts when a record is bad because there is a defect such as the label being off centered. These don't usually turn up, but you don't know which record they actually go to because the center was the same format for several different records. I've never seen any sell, but I can't imagine they are worth much because you don't have the artist name on them to verify which record they came from originally.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Someone stole them (most likely illegally) from United Record Pressing while on a tour. I would report.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Jettkoral wrote:Someone stole them (most likely illegally) from United Record Pressing while on a tour. I would report.
Or they picked them up of the ground as they are all over the parking lot there....if you don't know they are stolen then better watch what you claim.
I have a few I picked up off the ground while I was there.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
daniel15mtsu
Little Acorn

Post by daniel15mtsu »

Pretty sure that place is a free for all whenever TMR or Lost Highway is pressing anything..