Donations

higherlimits
Little People

Donations

Post by higherlimits »

There was some talk about people wanting to donate to the site. I understand people don't like to donate without knowing where their money is going so I have set up the following link which will send donations directly to our hosting provider so you know that it is being used 100% to pay for the site:

http://www.dreamhost.com/donate.cgi?id=14407
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Donations

Post by Kali Durga »

Just out of curiosity, what's the cost of hosting per month, if you don't mind disclosing that? Could help folks decide how much they're able to donate.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Based on the invoice I just paid I think it's $42 a month. I thought it was higher than that though.

I've been paying for the site out of my pocket for a while now though..
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

If that's all, I would think folks here could help you recoup that amount easily.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
chris865
Little Ghost

Post by chris865 »

If I may add a bit in here........

I ran a raffle last year and the year before and raised $600-$800 a time. I mainly used things from my personal collection as prizes
together with one or two from other Swirlers. That money has been used to keep this site going but has now gone and as Ian says, he is
putting up for the bills at the moment.
I do not have have much to add this year but can supply some things.

I've also been in contact with some very kind Swirlers who have pledged some pretty awesome prizes, I was waiting for a couple of replies and some pics but it seems now is a good time to hand it over to Ian/Higherlimits to get this going.

So, those of you that have prizes please PM or email Ian and we'll get this going.

The previously popular, but now much forgotten, Whiteswirl raffle was great for fundraising and a lot of fun.
If everyone who browses/contributes/trades on here gives just a few dollars or more we can achieve our goal.

Although I've taken a bit of a kicking on here over the last year there are still more than enough good guys on here to give this my full support.

Over to you guys.................if you need any tips from previous years just give me a PM.

Chris
shteev
Little Ghost

Post by shteev »

I'm in for donating and helping if possible in something other than a monetary fashion.
I could be wronga,,,I could be rright.
destijl
Little Acorn

Post by destijl »

chris865 wrote: Although I've taken a bit of a kicking on here over the last year there are still more than enough good guys on here to give this my full support.
Chris - I'm sure that many of those that gave you a kicking have had some awesome trades out of you in the past. Hope to see you at the bar before a JW show soon.
•<Jack White> we also want to come up with vault packages you don't like, a streaming service to make rich people richer, a t shirt
too big for you, and a bunch of shit you don't want but we're hold ing a gun to your head to purchase.
chris865
Little Ghost

Post by chris865 »

destijl wrote:
chris865 wrote: Although I've taken a bit of a kicking on here over the last year there are still more than enough good guys on here to give this my full support.
Chris - I'm sure that many of those that gave you a kicking have had some awesome trades out of you in the past. Hope to see you at the bar before a JW show soon.
Thanks John, yes I think you are right....

Bar + Jack White show + Mr & Mrs Chapple sounds like a good mix, think it's even my round.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Hi folks,

It looks like we've run out of funds and the webhost is looking for money. If anyone wants to donate to the link in the first post that will help a lot! If everyone chips in a couple of bucks that will prevent me from having a monthly charge out of my own pocket. I've had to carry the cost in the past and could do so again but would prefer not to.

Thanks,
Ian
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Thanks guys, accumulated a couple of bucks to keep the lights on for 4 months, The more that gets raised the less I have to bug you!
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Hi folks,

Another $90 is due this week if anyone wants to donate :D

Thanks in advance!
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

higherlimits wrote:Hi folks,

Another $90 is due this week if anyone wants to donate :D

Thanks in advance!
Done.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Thanks! $42 left