Pm notification delay via Email

candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Pm notification delay via Email

Post by candycaneboy03 »

I know this isn't a big issue or maybe it's just me but i thought it'd be best to ask.

Is there anyone else getting a long delay of PM notifications via their email box?
I get email notifications everytime i get a PM here but lately i get them randomly and sporadically through the day. Sometimes even a day later. So unless if i come here directly, i won't know if anyone's pm'd me.

I only really care because i check my email more frequently than i check the forum. And with sales and trades, i'd rather keep people waiting.

Like i said, it's no real biggie. If it's just my email being stupid, then i'll try to change my email with the board and see if that helps.
"Love, Peace And Hair Grease"
TheHen0
Little Ghost

Re: Pm notification delay via Email

Post by TheHen0 »

I had the exact same problem yesterday.
It seems to be working now.
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

fwiw, i'm just now getting a trickle of pms notifications for pms i got about 4 hours ago....
guess thing's are coming through now.
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

Same problem here. Just a minor PITA (since were "acronyming" everything. lol). I check my email far more frequently than I check my swirl (shocking, I know...).
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

candycaneboy03 wrote:I know this isn't a big issue or maybe it's just me but i thought it'd be best to ask.

Is there anyone else getting a long delay of PM notifications via their email box?
I get email notifications everytime i get a PM here but lately i get them randomly and sporadically through the day. Sometimes even a day later. So unless if i come here directly, i won't know if anyone's pm'd me.

I only really care because i check my email more frequently than i check the forum. And with sales and trades, i'd rather keep people waiting.

Like i said, it's no real biggie. If it's just my email being stupid, then i'll try to change my email with the board and see if that helps.
That's interesting....

as for the issue i dont know what's causing it, i had the same issue yesterday though..
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

Me too
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

higherlimits wrote:
candycaneboy03 wrote:I know this isn't a big issue or maybe it's just me but i thought it'd be best to ask.

That's interesting....

as for the issue i dont know what's causing it, i had the same issue yesterday though..
oh shit...haha. "i'd rather *NOT* keep..... " :-p

mystery issue indeed. I'll change my email in a bit and see if that works then report back here.
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

okay, changed my email, if anyone wants to pm me to test...or hmm, wonder if i could pm myself.

and for what it's worth, i was using a yahoo email. I just changed it to a gmail/edu one.

*edit update* changed emails...go fish. self pm'd myself and got nothing. guess its a server issue or something of that sort.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

It looks like the board's settings are all set up correctly, must be something to do with the server which I don't have any control over.
patchwork
Little Acorn

Post by patchwork »

its happened to me several times before. sometimes it takes a day or more to show up in my email and sometimes it don't. don't bother me much unless im somewhere where i cant check swirl

i didnt notice till now but i just had the exact opposite happen. i got an email from admin@whiteswirl but its not in my pm's on here
the bus came by and i got on, that's where it all began
patchwork
Little Acorn

Post by patchwork »

it no longer sends me emails when i get a pm. i dont know what happened but the last couple of weeks i get pm's but no email notification
the bus came by and i got on, that's where it all began
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

I looked at your account and couldn't see anything that would cause it. Perhaps your e-mail has a spam filter? I've been getting PM notifications..

I think if you've got the forum open you won't get any notifications as it assumes you've already seen the PM.
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

happens to me all the time. this site sicks. mods read my pm's. i downloaded a reverse phpbb script to see what the mods do regarding the page upgrades to the main site. I don't have access to change anything just view what happens, if you need me email me too.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Great, perfect way to encourage people to join!
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

well, stop reading peoples shit then LAWL