Aluminum Collage Prints

Our Second Interview with Rob Jones
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Aluminum Collage Prints

Post by kevron6 »

Your Aluminum Collage prints that you did for the Aluminum show seem to have a common theme. Is there a story behind the designs that you could share with the members?

A story I can share? No.

I’ll tell you about the Rudy one though. At the time of his death, folks around the sewing circle whispered that aluminum poisoning felled the mighty Valentino. Supposedly he dined on fare prepared in aluminum cookware. Although completely false, this rumor caused sales of aluminum pots, pans, cups and what-have-you to plummet.

I planned to make an accompanying portrait print of Buddy Ebsen who suffered a very real near fatal aluminum experience. On the set of Wizard of Oz, his allergic reaction to the aluminum dust in his Tin Man make-up eventually required hospitalization. He nearly died and had to drop out of the role. Sadly, he could have stayed in the film if not for agreeing to trade roles with the original Tin Man, Ray Bolger. I guess they found Buddy ‘s established “country” demeanor appropriate for the scarecrow, but Ray really proved a better fit as his “rubber-leg” dancing style matches the imagined physicality of character who essentially has no bones.

Well, I went off topic. Anyway, I ran out of time and only managed to finish the Rudy one.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Re: Aluminum Collage Prints

Post by kevron6 »

Only Rob would know this story. This is a prime example of why Rob is my favorite artist. The man is a wealth of knowledge.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
love_islander
Little People

Re: Aluminum Collage Prints

Post by love_islander »

It will do in lieu of a JW-related story...