White Fence

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
Johny Boy
Little Acorn

Re: White Fence

Post by Johny Boy »

Tempting but unless there's something special for the preorder (colored pressing or stuff like that), I'm gonna wait till my local store get it... These shipping fees are killing me !
dcmak5
Little Acorn

Post by dcmak5 »

either way, this album is fantastic. Idk that I'll get the vinyl since I've already got a cassette but $20 sounds alright considering how much I enjoy these songs
out of sight might be my favorite track

Last edited by dcmak5 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johny Boy
Little Acorn

Post by Johny Boy »

dcmak5 wrote: I've already got a cassette
Where did you get it ?
dcmak5
Little Acorn

Post by dcmak5 »

Johny Boy wrote:
dcmak5 wrote: I've already got a cassette
Where did you get it ?
when he played here
he's made two versions of the tape so far.
one under the name Muzz and one under Jack Name.
i've got the second
Last edited by dcmak5 on Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johny Boy
Little Acorn

Post by Johny Boy »

Ok thanx

Just saw him while playing with White Fence...
dcmak5
Little Acorn

Post by dcmak5 »

looks like as Muzz/Jack Name/Fictional boys have done a bit of touring in europe. I'm not sure about where else
and three shows that I can think of here in Nashville
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

whoa already got a shipping notice for the Jack Name record... i wan't expecting that thing till the end of January :D
houses are full of things that gather dust
dcmak5
Little Acorn

Post by dcmak5 »

just found an article regarding Jack Names album Light Show by Dangerous Minds

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/jack ... in_another
“Jack Name” is an artistic moniker (one of several, apparently) for John Webster Johns, a prolific LA-based musician/producer associated with Ariel Pink and White Fence. His debut solo release is Light Show, a musical “sci-fi novella.” In the artist bio written by John Dwyer of Thee Oh Sees and Castle Face Records, Dwyer laments the fact that Light Show is coming out, not on his own label, but on Ty Segall’s new God? Records imprint (via Drag City) before going on to rhapsodize that…

'Whiffs of young Brian Eno, Gary Numan, Chrome, ELO, Bruce Haack, even Richard O’Brien (a la “Rocky Horror”) and Stefan Wul stain the sleeves of this story, but it’s still wholly original and cooked at home so it’s as honest as it is good for you. The sounds are a dense and ever-shifting beast—just an absolutely put-you-on-the-floor headphone record. The narrative holds as much significance as the sound; hopefully there will be a lyric sheet so teenagers ripe for a push in the right direction can follow along, pink-eyed , with their index fingers.'

Okay. Let’s stop right here. An “absolutely put-you-on-the-floor headphone record”? I am already a fish on that hook. Those are some pretty interesting names to drop in a press release, too. My interest was piqued, to say the least. Stefan Wul’s name included there made it even more intriguing… What is this? Naturally, I read on:

'Light Show lifts off over an alien plane—immediate, heavily skimming the surface of the landscape where the story unfurls. A conversation, maybe a dream… it’s a bit cloudy, but it’s just the start and it’s wonderful. So you prepare to soak up the whole story and carry it with you from now on. Looking down you get a stream of conscious view into the heads of the opposing factions constantly at war in this mirror dimension to our own. The wooly bullies are applying leaden pressure on the shadows which they resent for their imagination and lust for art. They use the whip of televised terror and the cell of prescriptions to flatten your creative energies. The shadows, in turn, need time, freedom and space to flourish away from the square oppressors.'
dcmak5
Little Acorn

Post by dcmak5 »

Jack Name is going on tour this month in support of the Light Show album

January 24, 2014 San Francisco, CA Slim’s w/ Dent May, Chris Cohen
January 25, 2014 Eureka, CA The Works w/ Dent May
January 26, 2014 Portland, OR Mississippi Studios w/ Dent May
January 28, 2014 Vancouver, BC Biltmore Cabaret w/ Dent May
January 29, 2014 Seattle, WA Chop Suey w/ Dent May
January 30, 2014 Boise, ID Neurolux w/ Dent May
January 31, 2014 Salt Lake City, UT Kilby Court w/ Dent May
February 1, 2014 Denver, CO Hi Dive w/ Dent May
February 3, 2014 Iowa City, IA The Mill w/ Dent May
February 4, 2014 Chicago, IL Empty Bottle w/ Dent May
February 5, 2014 St. Louis, MO Biliken Club w/ Dent May
February 6, 2014 Nashville, TN The Stone Fox w/ Dent May
February 7, 2014 New Orleans, LA Tulane University LBC Quad w/ Dent May
February 8, 2014 Austin, TX Mohawk (Inside) w/ Pontiak
February 9, 2014 El Paso, TX The Lowbrow Palace w/ Pontiak
February 10, 2014 Phoenix, AZ Last Exit Live w/ Pontiak
March 6, 2014 Nashville, TN Freakin’ Weekend
March 11, 2014 Cleveland, OH Happy Dog
March 13, 2014 Montreal, QC Casa del Popolo
March 15, 2014 Brooklyn, NY Death By Audio
Hair
Little Acorn

Post by Hair »

I'm surprised there isn't an LA date in there, I thought he'd play here for sure.
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

dcmak5 wrote:Jack Name is going on tour this month in support of the Light Show album

January 24, 2014 San Francisco, CA Slim’s w/ Dent May, Chris Cohen
January 25, 2014 Eureka, CA The Works w/ Dent May
January 26, 2014 Portland, OR Mississippi Studios w/ Dent May
January 28, 2014 Vancouver, BC Biltmore Cabaret w/ Dent May
January 29, 2014 Seattle, WA Chop Suey w/ Dent May
January 30, 2014 Boise, ID Neurolux w/ Dent May
January 31, 2014 Salt Lake City, UT Kilby Court w/ Dent May
February 1, 2014 Denver, CO Hi Dive w/ Dent May
February 3, 2014 Iowa City, IA The Mill w/ Dent May
February 4, 2014 Chicago, IL Empty Bottle w/ Dent May
February 5, 2014 St. Louis, MO Biliken Club w/ Dent May
February 6, 2014 Nashville, TN The Stone Fox w/ Dent May
February 7, 2014 New Orleans, LA Tulane University LBC Quad w/ Dent May
February 8, 2014 Austin, TX Mohawk (Inside) w/ Pontiak
February 9, 2014 El Paso, TX The Lowbrow Palace w/ Pontiak
February 10, 2014 Phoenix, AZ Last Exit Live w/ Pontiak
March 6, 2014 Nashville, TN Freakin’ Weekend
March 11, 2014 Cleveland, OH Happy Dog
March 13, 2014 Montreal, QC Casa del Popolo
March 15, 2014 Brooklyn, NY Death By Audio
planning on making it to the March 6th and 7th show for Freakin Weekend but probably wont be able to make the 8th.
<BluefordT> jey pals i am,we is,fuckeres rerred up
<BluefordT> jhdb
-------------------------------------------------------
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

announced at his show last night that a new album should hopefully be out this summer

made it official on FB... and Ty is definitely involved might be on GOD (though I don't think GOD does MP3 downloads so I hope it's on Castle Face)

debuted a few new songs, here's the set list: http://imageshack.com/a/img811/8369/b97v.jpg

AND a couple of the new ones involve a violin bow & a guitar 8-)
houses are full of things that gather dust
Hair
Little Acorn

Post by Hair »

I think I recall hearing that this was recorded in Ty's makeshift studio so it could be that he handled the recording side of things. It wouldn't surprise me if he appears on a few tracks though, either way consider me PSYCHED.
Hair
Little Acorn

Post by Hair »

New White Fence July 22!
http://www.dragcity.com/news/2014-04-28 ... hite-fence
Tim Presley wrote:Fear, anger, pain, anxiety. Guilty! I needed something new. I needed to be free and innocent. I was floating in my room. Sick of the wall Bounce-A-LuLa. I could not get high. I wanted to put some songs in someone else's room. I wanted to see what they sounded like with a real drummer. I wanted to see what it would sound like using an Aliens ear. For a lack of a cooler/humble word, Ty Segall "produced" this album.

I had to choose the songs. We then went into Ty’s Fiat sized garage and recorded them. He placed the microphones, hit record and played drums on some songs. Then Nick Murray was called in to finish the rest of the drums. Nick was perfect, seeing as he’d been a solid member of the live group, and I had played demo versions of most of these for him during car rides. This all was a bit different to the WF formula. I had to put dates on a calendar. It forced me to pick the best songs of the litter, and apply those to the tools I had: Ty Segall, Nick Murray, musical instruments & tape. We then dumped all that LA jive into Eric Bauer’s studio in San Francisco. Added some things, and then Ty mixed it all up. I was the farmer and this was Ty’s soup. He somehow knows exactly what I hear.

This record, I had to make a change, not drastic, but a change nonetheless. My room was tired of me, so we took a break, and I fucked some other room.

“Credence of substances, rights of any sex, and situations of finding a place in this world now next. From the drug dealer, to the honest stealer. From the homeless ex-solider to the privileged creep, to the fine Latina walking down the street. We are all guilty of anger, pain, envy & greed…..to the recently found innocent …. we all will soon be freed."

Love,
Tim Presley
teakay
Little Acorn

Post by teakay »

Hair wrote:New White Fence July 22!
http://www.dragcity.com/news/2014-04-28 ... hite-fence
Tim Presley wrote:Fear, anger, pain, anxiety. Guilty! I needed something new. I needed to be free and innocent. I was floating in my room. Sick of the wall Bounce-A-LuLa. I could not get high. I wanted to put some songs in someone else's room. I wanted to see what they sounded like with a real drummer. I wanted to see what it would sound like using an Aliens ear. For a lack of a cooler/humble word, Ty Segall "produced" this album.

I had to choose the songs. We then went into Ty’s Fiat sized garage and recorded them. He placed the microphones, hit record and played drums on some songs. Then Nick Murray was called in to finish the rest of the drums. Nick was perfect, seeing as he’d been a solid member of the live group, and I had played demo versions of most of these for him during car rides. This all was a bit different to the WF formula. I had to put dates on a calendar. It forced me to pick the best songs of the litter, and apply those to the tools I had: Ty Segall, Nick Murray, musical instruments & tape. We then dumped all that LA jive into Eric Bauer’s studio in San Francisco. Added some things, and then Ty mixed it all up. I was the farmer and this was Ty’s soup. He somehow knows exactly what I hear.

This record, I had to make a change, not drastic, but a change nonetheless. My room was tired of me, so we took a break, and I fucked some other room.

“Credence of substances, rights of any sex, and situations of finding a place in this world now next. From the drug dealer, to the honest stealer. From the homeless ex-solider to the privileged creep, to the fine Latina walking down the street. We are all guilty of anger, pain, envy & greed…..to the recently found innocent …. we all will soon be freed."

Love,
Tim Presley

This will be excellent.