Eagles of Death Metal

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Re: Eagles of Death Metal

Post by arewhyehen »

nrssab wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:
elduderino wrote:from what i know, homme never Seldom tours with them.
Fixed. He played drums when I saw them open for the Strokes about 8 years ago. And he has done a handful of shows here and there since.
Yes, this is why I was thinking that he might play on some shows due to what has happened in Paris.

Would a nice treat for the fans if he appears on the Paris show, and they bring out a live album.

That would be very cool!
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

nrssab wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:Looks like I will be going to France in a few weeks for the return of EODM to Paris. Bought my tickets and booked my flights and hotel tonight.

Lucky you, are going to go see them in Paris and Lisbon. Be sure to tell us all about the shows.

I wish I could go, I was just about to get tickets for the Munich show when I heard about the Paris attacks and realized it was them who played at the Bataclan that night.
They will be in Munich again on the 18th, but I will be up close to Berlin those days, I was really hoping they would do a show in Berlin. Too bad really.
Does anyone know if Homme will tour with them this time?

I had tickets to the first Munich show. Planned my trip and still went. Beautiful city! You should try and make one of the shows this tour
nrssab
Little Acorn

Post by nrssab »

arewhyehen wrote:
nrssab wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:Looks like I will be going to France in a few weeks for the return of EODM to Paris. Bought my tickets and booked my flights and hotel tonight.

Lucky you, are going to go see them in Paris and Lisbon. Be sure to tell us all about the shows.

I wish I could go, I was just about to get tickets for the Munich show when I heard about the Paris attacks and realized it was them who played at the Bataclan that night.
They will be in Munich again on the 18th, but I will be up close to Berlin those days, I was really hoping they would do a show in Berlin. Too bad really.

I had tickets to the first Munich show. Planned my trip and still went. Beautiful city! You should try and make one of the shows this tour
Oh dang! Too bad I wasn't around on Swirl so much last year and didn't find out. We could have met and made a nice beer tour. Glad you like my hometown!

So what do you think about our beer Helles? For me still the best, but might be because I drink it since my childhood.
I will still give my best to catch the Munich show but I see little chance in it working out. :(
Have to see next week.
"If you can hear a piano fall, you can hear me coming down the hall".
avrate
Little Cream Soda

Post by avrate »

nrssab wrote:
avrate wrote:Remember when EODM asked for bands and artists to record I love you all the time?

This norwegian band just made a country version.

And the B-side is their version of What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding by Nick Lowe!

Really cool! And great packaging.

Where can one get it?
http://crispingloverrecords.com/sugarfoot-2
"Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old"
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

nrssab wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
nrssab wrote:

Oh dang! Too bad I wasn't around on Swirl so much last year and didn't find out. We could have met and made a nice beer tour. Glad you like my hometown!

So what do you think about our beer Helles? For me still the best, but might be because I drink it since my childhood.
I will still give my best to catch the Munich show but I see little chance in it working out. :(
Have to see next week.

I think I tried it at one of the bars I went to. I have been drinking German pilsners and lagers for many years, so I really enjoy many of them. There are only about 10 or 12 we can get in Canada but I usually drink Warsteiner or Krombacher. There are a few others I get sometimes, but those are the main two. We only get some of the bigger brands in Canada..

Yes, Munich is my favourite city in Germany so far... Probably my favourite city I've ever been to, other than Reykjavik, Iceland. It's up there with Nashville :D

Next time I am in the area, I will let you know. I might go see Iggy Pop and Josh Homme in Hamburg, although I know it's pretty far from Munich. I just want to see as much of Germany as possible.. :D
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Be Careful and have fun !
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

That should be an epic show
Last edited by Alabama Woody on Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Alabama Woody wrote:Be Careful and have fun !
Thank you. I am sure it will be a really good show. Hopefully nice and calm. I have some cracked ribs from the Coheed and Cambria show in Berlin a few weeks ago and they are still pretty tender.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Pretty crazy here already. Tons of news cameras all over the place. I'm standing in line with the original 18-20 people on the front rail. Security and police officers all over. ...still 4-5 hours tol doors.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

They are letting everyone from the Bataclan show (special tickets) in an hour before anyone else but since I was here so early and with the original front rail people, they are letting me in with them.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Probably 50 different news cameras and photographers lined down the street. Josh and Jesse and Dave all came outside to the line and hugged and talked and shook hands with those from the bataclan. I got in early with the bataclan people and Julian and Matt were at the rail waiting for us and hugged us all and talked with us.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Two drum kits set up, so both Josh and Julian are playing
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

The show is being recorded and broadcast on March 19. I'll try to find out more details
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Last bump for the night for me on this thread. Just got out. Over a two hour set. 21 or so songs.....

"Fucking wow...."
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Cool !
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson