Hanni El Khatib

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Re: Hanni El Khatib

Post by JonnyH »

Obliquitous wrote:I'm tempted to go up to Boulder to see him and grab one of those bad boys but... those damn smelly hippies get a little smellier in the moonlight. I'll grab a ltd record from ebay thank you very much.
As someone who went to school in Boulder, and I interned at that venue for a long time, I just cackled! :lol:
Littlema
Little Cream Soda

Hanni El Khatib

Post by Littlema »

Second pressing for Hanni's "Skinny Little Girl/Pay No Mind" with new colors for the sleeve, 500 ex http://www.innovativeleisure.net/shop/s ... y-no-mind/
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

Littlema wrote:Second pressing for Hanni's "Skinny Little Girl/Pay No Mind" with new colors for the sleeve, 500 ex http://www.innovativeleisure.net/shop/s ... y-no-mind/
hmmm im pondering whether to get this new variant online or take my chances and wait until i see them on seattle to pick one up...
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Scratch that, mines on it's way.
Anyone want to trade this new edition for the other?
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
erikrodskjegg
Little Acorn

Post by erikrodskjegg »

¨just discover this dawg, quite aight! Thought you US folks were pro israel, anti palestina?
ISO: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3526
Instant karma's gonna get you.
csbanta
Little Acorn

Post by csbanta »

erikrodskjegg wrote:¨just discover this dawg, quite aight! Thought you US folks were pro israel, anti palestina?
we're just pro good music (or at least I'd like to think so)
csbanta
Little Acorn

Post by csbanta »

AlexFaderr wrote:Scratch that, mines on it's way.
Anyone want to trade this new edition for the other?
I've seen a few of the rsd one's on ebay and they have been going for $15 if you can get in on one.
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

erikrodskjegg wrote:¨just discover this dawg, quite aight! Thought you US folks were pro israel, anti palestina?
what the government feels, says, and does is not always the same as how the general public feels...
"They were a garage band on Sympathy?! Who knew?" -- EVM
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
csbanta
Little Acorn

Post by csbanta »

Btw what did you guys think of the new album? I thought it lacked some of the raw factor that Will The Guns Come Out had but it was still pretty solid. House on Fire sounded like the best fusion of auerbach producing and hanni's skill set on the album imo. :)
Obliquitous
Little Acorn

Post by Obliquitous »

Kali Durga - "For all you know, that guy might be a very cool person who just happens to look like your idea of an asshole."
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Whats a good starting point for this band? Haven't listened before but they will be in town tomorrow so thought I would try them out before I missed out.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

That tri 12" is the best way to start
It's gonna bring a lot of dollah
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

trickster wrote:That tri 12" is the best way to start
It's gonna bring a lot of dollah
I meant what is the best way to get into listening to them? So I can listen to them before I go...see if I like them or not. Not going to go spend my evening and money on music I possibly don't like.
Obliquitous
Little Acorn

Hanni El Khatib

Post by Obliquitous »

Stl_ben wrote:Whats a good starting point for this band? Haven't listened before but they will be in town tomorrow so thought I would try them out before I missed out.
Will the guns come out is the only album before this one. Used to be Hanni and his drummer (which was just right) but now he's got more members. Some good tracks are: Come Alive, Loved One, Dead Wrong, Human Fly, You Rascal You. Havent bought the new lp yet cuz I want a tri color but songs like Family, Penny, Can't Win Em All, Head in the Dirt can be found on YouTube. Hope this helps out
Kali Durga - "For all you know, that guy might be a very cool person who just happens to look like your idea of an asshole."
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Obliquitous wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:Whats a good starting point for this band? Haven't listened before but they will be in town tomorrow so thought I would try them out before I missed out.
Will the guns come out is the only album before this one. Used to be Hanni and his drummer (which was just right) but now he's got more members. Some good tracks are: Come Alive, Loved One, Dead Wrong, Human Fly, You Rascal You. Havent bought the new lp yet cuz I want a tri color but songs like Family, Penny, Can't Win Em All, Head in the Dirt can be found on YouTube. Hope this helps out
Thanks! Been listening to these on soundcloud. AWESOME. Think I prefer the first album stuff as it is a little rougher (Roach Cock!) but the Dan produced stuff is good too. Plus the show is them opening for the Black Angels so shouldn't be bad at all.