Hanni El Khatib

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
csbanta
Little Acorn

Hanni El Khatib

Post by csbanta »

This dude is amazing, I cant stop listening to him right now. He's on tour, see here:

http://www.hannielkhatib.com/

For those of you in Indiana, he will be playing at the Bishop in Bloomington next Thursday, come a join. Here are a couple of his tunes, buy his vinyl, i promise you wont be disappointed. Much love swirl

anonymousbrunette
Little People

Re: Hanni El Khatib

Post by anonymousbrunette »

"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

Cool stuff - he / they had a song on Californication this year, which caught my interest.
csbanta
Little Acorn

Post by csbanta »

csbanta
Little Acorn

Post by csbanta »

Holy crap this song is awesome

anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Jack played a snippet of You Rascal You during the second night of Radio City Music Hall. Looks as though his next album is being produced by Dan Auerbach.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
Littlema
Little Cream Soda

Hanni El Khatib

Post by Littlema »

anonymousbrunette wrote:Jack played a snippet of You Rascal You during the second night of Radio City Music Hall. Looks as though his next album is being produced by Dan Auerbach.
Oh !! I would like to hear that.
csbanta
Little Acorn

Post by csbanta »

anonymousbrunette wrote:Jack played a snippet of You Rascal You during the second night of Radio City Music Hall. Looks as though his next album is being produced by Dan Auerbach.
yes sir, been looking forward to it for a while now. I hope that that Hanni doesnt lose his rawness when he is produced by dan auerbach. I am a die hard black keys fan, but the new JTB album sounded a little over produced to me. Still really good, but a little on the poppy side at times.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

csbanta wrote:
yes sir, been looking forward to it for a while now. I hope that that Hanni doesnt lose his rawness when he is produced by dan auerbach. I am a die hard black keys fan, but the new JTB album sounded a little over produced to me. Still really good, but a little on the poppy side at times.
+1
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
kalv04
Little Acorn

Post by kalv04 »

csbanta wrote:
Agreed. I think the Black Keys have progressed that way also. Their first several albums were raw, but the last couple are very poppy at times. I like the old Black Keys...before they had a huge band on stage with them and a song for every commercial. Hanni is awesome though. I love Rascal, but I think my favorite from him right now is Dead Wrong.
"Bye Snookums!" -nickboat
csbanta
Little Acorn

Post by csbanta »

kalv04 wrote:
csbanta wrote:
Agreed. I think the Black Keys have progressed that way also. Their first several albums were raw, but the last couple are very poppy at times. I like the old Black Keys...before they had a huge band on stage with them and a song for every commercial. Hanni is awesome though. I love Rascal, but I think my favorite from him right now is Dead Wrong.
I feel like his songs have White Stripes long term potential. I really think they could seriously stand up over time and he is one song away from exploding on the world. I've already heard his music on 3 different commercials. If all goes will with DA backing this next album, he could seriously explode.
alteridiom
Little Acorn

Post by alteridiom »

HEK is one song away from world domination. Not sure how it hasn't already happened but it will.
Looking for White Denim Black and Blue
Obliquitous
Little Acorn

Post by Obliquitous »

Three new singles out on itunes: Penny, Can't Win 'Em All, & Family

Dan Auerbach's influence has really taken hold, they sound like they could have easily been on "Brothers". Also, Hanni has been putting boobs on everything lately :lol: Just Youtube his new video "Family". Goodness me! :shock:
Kali Durga - "For all you know, that guy might be a very cool person who just happens to look like your idea of an asshole."
csbanta
Little Acorn

Post by csbanta »

alteridiom wrote:HEK is one song away from world domination. Not sure how it hasn't already happened but it will.
+1

Did anyone score one of his 100 custom head in the dirt art LP covers? See here, this is numero uno on my want list :shock:
Obliquitous
Little Acorn

Post by Obliquitous »

Hey I was listening to Will The Guns Come out again and remembered that there is no "Loved One" on my album. Is that common or is that rare?
Kali Durga - "For all you know, that guy might be a very cool person who just happens to look like your idea of an asshole."