The Mars Volta / Antemasque / Bosnian Rainbows

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
mirrorboxer
Little Cream Soda

Re: The Mars Volta

Post by mirrorboxer »

nrssab wrote:Does any one have the Glow in the Dark Frances the Mute press?
I have a copy. What did you want to know about it?
nrssab
Little Acorn

Post by nrssab »

mirrorboxer wrote:
nrssab wrote:Does any one have the Glow in the Dark Frances the Mute press?
I have a copy. What did you want to know about it?
Cool! :)
How much did you pay and how much would you want for it?
"If you can hear a piano fall, you can hear me coming down the hall".
mirrorboxer
Little Cream Soda

Post by mirrorboxer »

nrssab wrote:Cool! :)
How much did you pay and how much would you want for it?
I'm pretty sure that I paid $50 when I bought it from the old GSL site. Back then I had a hard time swallowing what I thought was a high price tag. I'm glad I did though. I remember the description stating that it was limited to 500 but there are those who incorrectly claim 1000 were pressed. I regret to tell you that mine is not for sale. Good luck with your search though.
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

I have one too, i paid 115 for it though,, about a year and a half ago,,, sorry im not selling either
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
nrssab
Little Acorn

Post by nrssab »

achouza wrote:I have one too, i paid 115 for it though,, about a year and a half ago,,, sorry im not selling either
Thanks for letting me know!! 115 is a nice price for it, with nice I mean affordable for me. I'll have to look out for one. There are three offered on ebay right now, each for over $300..
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

nrssab wrote:
achouza wrote:I have one too, i paid 115 for it though,, about a year and a half ago,,, sorry im not selling either
Thanks for letting me know!! 115 is a nice price for it, with nice I mean affordable for me. I'll have to look out for one. There are three offered on ebay right now, each for over $300..
yeah dont spend more than 200 on it for sure,,, wait a bit and you will see that you can get a good deal,, they were around 120-150 a little over a year ago so i dont think they merit over 300,, you should also add it to your wantlist in discogs,, i think i got mine off of there
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
hxcoliver
Little Acorn

Post by hxcoliver »

nrssab wrote:Hi ppl!

I really like this band, I knew them for quite a while but just recently got to appreciate them with Noctourniquet.

Sadly enough I couldn't go to their show near me this summer, a real bummer. I heard they are splitting up now. Is this true? Does this mean there will still be shows and just no new records, or is it over for good?

The only LP I own is Octahedron for now but I'm in the process of getting Noctourniquet. The older Albums are going for a bunch of money on eBay.

Does any one have the Glow in the Dark Frances the Mute press?
fuck yes!! we need more MARS VOLTA fans around here. i could gladly talk about them all day

so as far as i can tell, they are for sure on a "hiatus". doesn't mean they're done for good. but at least for now. i saw omar and his new band Bosnian Rainbows about a month ago and after introducing the band members he even said that this is what he was going to focus on for a while. that he would be touring and recording with this band for now and not with any other band (Mars Volta) so not to ask him about it. this is where his focus lies, for now at least. that man does soooo much. i think he once said that for every album released, he has about 8 that don't get released. crazy bastard. and supposedly we were supposed to have gotten 13 albums from his this year, and instead we only got 3..
i got to see them 3 times over the years, the first when they were touring for Bedlam, then right when Octahedron came out, and the last opening for Soundgarden (before Noctourniquet was released) the best by far was the first, fucking epic show!

i too own the Glow in The Dark France, such nice packaging. i've had mine for about 5 years and paid about $80. back then that was the most i had ever spent on a record. Scabdates is usually available for about $30 or so. one day i hope to have a super complete Mars Volta/ Omar collection with all color variations of all albums. i have release now, just have to go back and start getting all the second copies
nrssab
Little Acorn

Post by nrssab »

hxcoliver wrote:
nrssab wrote:Hi ppl!

I really like this band, I knew them for quite a while but just recently got to appreciate them with Noctourniquet.

Sadly enough I couldn't go to their show near me this summer, a real bummer. I heard they are splitting up now. Is this true? Does this mean there will still be shows and just no new records, or is it over for good?

The only LP I own is Octahedron for now but I'm in the process of getting Noctourniquet. The older Albums are going for a bunch of money on eBay.

Does any one have the Glow in the Dark Frances the Mute press?
fuck yes!! we need more MARS VOLTA fans around here. i could gladly talk about them all day

so as far as i can tell, they are for sure on a "hiatus". doesn't mean they're done for good. but at least for now. i saw omar and his new band Bosnian Rainbows about a month ago and after introducing the band members he even said that this is what he was going to focus on for a while. that he would be touring and recording with this band for now and not with any other band (Mars Volta) so not to ask him about it. this is where his focus lies, for now at least. that man does soooo much. i think he once said that for every album released, he has about 8 that don't get released. crazy bastard. and supposedly we were supposed to have gotten 13 albums from his this year, and instead we only got 3..
i got to see them 3 times over the years, the first when they were touring for Bedlam, then right when Octahedron came out, and the last opening for Soundgarden (before Noctourniquet was released) the best by far was the first, fucking epic show!

i too own the Glow in The Dark France, such nice packaging. i've had mine for about 5 years and paid about $80. back then that was the most i had ever spent on a record. Scabdates is usually available for about $30 or so. one day i hope to have a super complete Mars Volta/ Omar collection with all color variations of all albums. i have release now, just have to go back and start getting all the second copies
I'm glad I could put some life in this thread, seem not to be soo many Mars Volta fans around here on whiteswirl.

Thanks for clarifying the hiatus, I can fully understand the break. Noctourniquet took them 3 years to complete, after that they deserve it. Just sad I couldn't see them live, but I'm hoping they'll reunite in a couple of years for some shows and perhaps a new album.
I just listened to Bosnian Rainbows for the first time and it's absolutely amazing! Thank you! Can't wait for their album in 2013.
Omars solo stuff is great to, though I still prefer Mars Volta. I'm hoping to get all their albums on vinyl sometime soon.

Probably seen this already. Always funny again. :lol:
nrssab
Little Acorn

Post by nrssab »

Hey guys,
This is a bit offtopic but I didn't want to make a new thread for this.

I suppose all Mars Volta fans are also fond of other Omar Rodriguez music. I got the Live at Clouds Hill Vinyl Box yesterday. It contains the first official recording from Omar's new band, Bosnian Rainbows.

This Box Set came with a DVD and I ripped the live show of Bosnian Rainbows (660Mb .mp4 file) for anyone who is interested to see it. Send me a PM and I'll send you a link to download it. The audio from the video is the same as the LP so you get the idea. The box set is still available from the Clouds Hill website.

Regards!
hxcoliver
Little Acorn

Post by hxcoliver »

shit, i had completely forgotten about your previous post. it still sucks that they're on hiatus. i fucking love the mars volta, we definitely need more fans around here, instead of everyone busting a nut over Jeff the brotherhood.
Cedric should have an album coming out next year, it has been in the making for quite a while now, but Omar said in an interview it's coming next year for sure. i'm really excited for that. did you listen to Anywhere? Cedric on drums/singing on a few songs. it's pretty cool you should check it out. what are your top favorite omar albums? have you listened to all of them? also, have his movie Sentimental Engine Slayer is finally available to order, http://hellomerch.com/sh/index.php?page ... t&Itemid=2

i'll definitely PM you about that live material. i really wanted to buy the box set, but it's a tad pricey. i didn't have the extra dough when it went on sale, so i've been holding off on it.
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

Thank you for the video! I just scored Bosnian Rainbow tickets in NYC and if it wasn't for the post I probably wouldn't of heard of them till to late. Gonna be sick
hxcoliver
Little Acorn

Post by hxcoliver »

You're gonna dig the show for sure man. When I saw they announced a new york date Iactually thought of asking if you were gonna go. What'd you think of that video?
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

I thought it was sick, I actually saw Omar play bass with le butterette and the black belles were opening. It's sick he made a band with Teri gender bender, she rocks
hxcoliver
Little Acorn

Post by hxcoliver »

oh how was that? i never caught the butcherettes with omar on bass. i saw them on their first show in the states a couple years ago, and they were awesome. saw them again opening up for Omar when he had his Ximena in the band.
i like that they're working together in a band now. and Deantoni is a fucking badass!!
hxcoliver
Little Acorn

Post by hxcoliver »

DON'T LET THIS THREAD DIE!!!

but in all seriousness, Omar just dropped 3 albums in the past 2 days!!
http://omarrodriguezlopez.bandcamp.com/ ... leton-mask
http://omarrodriguezlopez.bandcamp.com/album/equinox
http://omarrodriguezlopez.bandcamp.com/ ... -to-tomato

go listed to some GOOD music.

I'm liking Unicorn Skeleton Mask the most right now