Holy Mother Of God!
Never trust a hippy
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Re: At the Drive in

Post by Hamptonio »

WHAT??!!
Sweet moses.
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

I was gonna start this thread, but didn't know if anyone would be interested since there's no Mars Volta thread or anything.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... t-20120109

http://pitchfork.com/news/45036-at-the- ... n-reunite/

Looking very forward to this. Hope they still have brutal live shows. I know Mars Volta are stellar live, but never got a chance to see ATDI.
BluefordT
Little Ghost

Post by BluefordT »

dmdv1 wrote:http://atdimusic.com/

Holy Mother Of God!
Your link still no workie for me!
"No saddly I didn't have enough money from flipping to pay for the car..."
StLBen:Stiben(Elitist Hipster Tool Person)
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

BluefordT wrote:
dmdv1 wrote:http://atdimusic.com/

Holy Mother Of God!
Your link still no workie for me!
thats cos you suck ;-)
Never trust a hippy
sjcapps07
Little Acorn

Post by sjcapps07 »

So excited about this.
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

someone splain me what this is?
he is everything i hate...
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

elduderino wrote:someone splain me what this is?
At the Drive In is reuniting. :)

No details as to what the extent is, all that is known is that it's happening.
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

hmmm i have always preferred mars volta to at the drive in,,, what do you guys think?
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

achouza wrote:hmmm i have always preferred mars volta to at the drive in,,, what do you guys think?
Mars Volta is way better in my opinion as well. Sucks that the album being released this year could be the last.
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

curseofhalos wrote:
achouza wrote:hmmm i have always preferred mars volta to at the drive in,,, what do you guys think?
Mars Volta is way better in my opinion as well. Sucks that the album being released this year could be the last.
i prefer atdi over anything mars volta has done.
i lump the volta into that nutty 70s arena "does anyone remember laughter?" 23 minute jam sessions with 3 drum solos in between kinda vibe.
i love their will to be weird, but watching them play a show takes almost as much endurance as running a marathon.
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

Hamptonio wrote:
curseofhalos wrote:
i prefer atdi over anything mars volta has done.
i lump the volta into that nutty 70s arena "does anyone remember laughter?" 23 minute jam sessions with 3 drum solos in between kinda vibe.
i love their will to be weird, but watching them play a show takes almost as much endurance as running a marathon.
:lol:

I love them live. Never thought it took much endurance. I've seen them quite a few times over the years. I will have to say that I prefer the more recent shows over the past couple years. Seems they cut a lot of the bullshit out and kept it more song oriented. Well, as song oriented as Mars Volta can get. ;)

The Last album, Octahedron was the best since the first album I think. Very chill, dark, and focused. Everybody crapped their pants over Frances the Mute but I only dug a couple songs on it. For me it goes Deloused, Octahedron, Bedlam in Goliath, Frances, and Amputecture. The vinyl they put out is quite lovely as well, I have a bunch of their stuff.
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

yeah agree mars volta later live shows arent that indulgent,, ive seen them in the last 2 years and awesome

and yes they do have good looking vinyl,, although they need more 7s if you ask me
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

achouza wrote:yeah agree mars volta later live shows arent that indulgent,, ive seen them in the last 2 years and awesome

and yes they do have good looking vinyl,, although they need more 7s if you ask me
+1 on 7"s.

I picked up this really nice one that is hand numbered in a silk screened sleeve on red vinyl. My girlfriend just stumbled on it. Only 300. Most of the singles I have are 12"" pic discs.
mirrorboxer
Little Cream Soda

Post by mirrorboxer »

I got into ATDI when Relationship was first released. It was good but didn't blow my socks off like all the critics said it would. It was a giant step in the right direction, in the world of rock music, for the time period it was released (think boy bands). The Mars Volta on the other hand is where it's at. I've been collecting their vinyl releases since their debut EP when they were on GSL. Each package is beautiful and their music is top notch. But to poo poo Frances.....come on! It is by far the best release in their catalog, and it's on GITD green vinyl. and RE: shows, I saw them live in 2005 and the show was as good if not better than anything they're doing today. Maybe it was more focused because they had less material to work with, I don't know.

curseofhalos wrote:I picked up this really nice one that is hand numbered in a silk screened sleeve on red vinyl. My girlfriend just stumbled on it. Only 300. Most of the singles I have are 12"" pic discs.
Which one is only limited to 300?