***PRINCE***

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
BluefordT
Little Ghost

Re: ***PRINCE***

Post by BluefordT »

"the symbol" OR "Prince" which is it?
"No saddly I didn't have enough money from flipping to pay for the car..."
StLBen:Stiben(Elitist Hipster Tool Person)
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

BluefordT wrote:"the symbol" OR "Prince" which is it?
He's been Prince again since he got out of his label contract years ago.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

DBCooper wrote:You know i obviously love jack, but come on man....PRINCE=10 Platinum Albums, 7 Grammys, Oscar, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and he was bangin carmen electra in her prime. All I am trying to say is he is a Bad Ass.
Thats nearly as successful as U2, (actually didn't he steal their name for a load of his song titles) must be great. Seriously I love Prince, saw him last year at MSG, still as gifted as ever.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
olumbcrazy
Little Cream Soda

Post by olumbcrazy »

mojoryan wrote:Prince is one of my biggest musical influences. I could go on and on (and probably will if this thread stays "active" long enough :lol: ) about the greatness of His Purple Majesty. Would I say he's underrated? Not by a long shot. I think even the people who don't like his stuff realize that he is insanely talented. Hell, the guy plays damn near everything, and has since he was a kid.
I think that Prince is underated as a guitar player and a pianist..he's never very high up in lists of the world best players.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

I would consider myself as someone barely knowing anything about Prince and never really caring much for his music, but I'm still aware of what an awesome musician he is and how talented he is. I just never bothered to go listening to his stuff really.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

olumbcrazy wrote:
mojoryan wrote:Prince is one of my biggest musical influences. I could go on and on (and probably will if this thread stays "active" long enough :lol: ) about the greatness of His Purple Majesty. Would I say he's underrated? Not by a long shot. I think even the people who don't like his stuff realize that he is insanely talented. Hell, the guy plays damn near everything, and has since he was a kid.
I think that Prince is underated as a guitar player and a pianist..he's never very high up in lists of the world best players.
I bet you're probably right about his "ranking" amongst guitar players. Sadly, many guitar-heads over look him. The fools. 8-)
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

To truly appreciate Prince you need to hear some of the live bootlegs over the years - Small Club, City Lights , Shark Tank ...
His range is amazing

Over his 21 nights in London he played 150 different tracks.

He also often plays tracks differently - lead piano , guitar etc

Glad there are other fans here
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

I do have a pretty beat up looking copy of purple rain on purple vinyl I picked up at a thrift store once.
Oh and I did go watch all 4 parts of the Kevin Smith talking about Prince, it was funny/interesting.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
olumbcrazy
Little Cream Soda

Post by olumbcrazy »

Kaber wrote:To truly appreciate Prince you need to hear some of the live bootlegs over the years - Small Club, City Lights , Shark Tank ...
His range is amazing

Over his 21 nights in London he played 150 different tracks.

He also often plays tracks differently - lead piano , guitar etc

Glad there are other fans here
Hv got Small Club and some of the City Lights but not heard of Shark Tank so will check that out, so cheers for mentioning it.
olumbcrazy
Little Cream Soda

Post by olumbcrazy »

hawke000 wrote:skip to 3:15...

had another revist..never noticed the smile on Dhani (sp?) face when Prince comes into the spotlight and starts the solo ..nice
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

Deal on Prince vinyl here:

Prince - Vinyl Bundle

Exclusive vinyl bundle featuring Prince’s most influential and exciting albums, many back on vinyl for the first time in decades – an audiophile spectacular!

•4 classic Prince albums on vinyl for one great price!
•Pressed on 180-gram audiophile vinyl
•Complete reproductions of original packaging
•Controversy LP comes with the poster as it originally did
•LPs remastered from their original analog tapes
•The best-sounding Prince titles available!
Original Price: $109.92 USD
$64.99

The Albums:

DIRTY MIND
After more than two decades of being out of print, Dirty Mind is finally back on vinyl! Originally released in 1980, Dirty Mind is the pop provocateur's third album, completely produced, arranged and composed by Minneapolis' favorite son. While it established parameters that Prince would follow for the remainder of the decade, the record also remains unique for its blend of rock, funk, pop, and new wave.

CONTROVERSY
Continuing on with the pioneering directions he began pursuing on Dirty Mind, Prince again comes up roses on 1981's Controversy, an enterprising record on which he turns more political and furher assimilates keyboards and synthesizers into arrangements. Controversy is also home to the piano ballad and chart smash “Do Me, Baby,” a sensitive song that's considered by many as his finest vocal effort. Back on vinyl for the first time in ages, Controversy features complete reproduction of original packaging and comes with collectable poster.

1999 (2 LP Set)
Records don't come more influential or stunning than 1999. Originally released in 1982, 1999 signified Prince's fifth full-length album and first to feature The Revolution as his backing band. The breakthrough set gave Prince an unrivaled pop run for the next decade, culminating in an international stardom and literally revolutionary creativity. If any more evidence was needed of the double-LP's greatness, just take a look at the track listing. Yet, in addition to the hits, Prince also provides worthwhile sonic experimentation and ventures into areas he'd previously bypassed. Rolling Stone named it #163 on its list of the 500 Greatest Albums of All Time.

PURPLE RAIN
Prince designed Purple Rain as the project that would make him a superstar, and surprisingly, that is exactly what happened. Simultaneously more focused and ambitious than any of his previous records, Purple Rain finds Prince consolidating his funk and R&B roots while moving boldly into pop, rock, and heavy metal with nine superbly crafted songs. All of the stylistic experiments add up to a stunning statement of purpose that remains one of the most exciting rock & roll albums ever created.

LP Track Listings:

DIRTY MIND
Side 1
1. Dirty Mind
2. When You Were Mine
3. Do It All Night
4. Gotta Broken Heart Again

Side 2
1. Uptown
2. Head
3. Sister
4. Partyup

CONTROVERSY
Side 1
1. Controversy
2. Sexuality
3. Do Me, Baby

Side 2
1. Private Joy
2. Ronnie, Talk To Russia
3. Let's Work
4. Annie Christian
5. Jack U Off

1999 (2 LP Set)
LP 1 – Side A
1. 1999
2. Little Red Corvette
3. Delirious

LP 1 – Side B
1. Let's Pretend We're Married
2. D.M.S.R.

LP 2 – Side A
1. Automatic
2. Something In The Water (Does Not Compute)
3. Free

LP 2 – Side B
1. Lady Cab Driver
2. All The Critics Love U In New York
3. International Lover

PURPLE RAIN
Side 1
1. Let’s Go Crazy
2. Take Me With U
3. The Beautiful Ones
4. Computer Blue
5. Darling Nikki

Side 2
1. When Doves Cry
2. I Would Die 4 U
3. Baby I’m A Star
4. Purple Rain
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

bh1644 wrote:Deal on Prince vinyl here:

Prince - Vinyl Bundle

Exclusive vinyl bundle featuring Prince’s most influential and exciting albums, many back on vinyl for the first time in decades – an audiophile spectacular!

•4 classic Prince albums on vinyl for one great price!
•Pressed on 180-gram audiophile vinyl
•Complete reproductions of original packaging
•Controversy LP comes with the poster as it originally did
•LPs remastered from their original analog tapes
•The best-sounding Prince titles available!
Original Price: $109.92 USD
$64.99

The Albums:

DIRTY MIND
After more than two decades of being out of print, Dirty Mind is finally back on vinyl! Originally released in 1980, Dirty Mind is the pop provocateur's third album, completely produced, arranged and composed by Minneapolis' favorite son. While it established parameters that Prince would follow for the remainder of the decade, the record also remains unique for its blend of rock, funk, pop, and new wave.

CONTROVERSY
Continuing on with the pioneering directions he began pursuing on Dirty Mind, Prince again comes up roses on 1981's Controversy, an enterprising record on which he turns more political and furher assimilates keyboards and synthesizers into arrangements. Controversy is also home to the piano ballad and chart smash “Do Me, Baby,” a sensitive song that's considered by many as his finest vocal effort. Back on vinyl for the first time in ages, Controversy features complete reproduction of original packaging and comes with collectable poster.

1999 (2 LP Set)
Records don't come more influential or stunning than 1999. Originally released in 1982, 1999 signified Prince's fifth full-length album and first to feature The Revolution as his backing band. The breakthrough set gave Prince an unrivaled pop run for the next decade, culminating in an international stardom and literally revolutionary creativity. If any more evidence was needed of the double-LP's greatness, just take a look at the track listing. Yet, in addition to the hits, Prince also provides worthwhile sonic experimentation and ventures into areas he'd previously bypassed. Rolling Stone named it #163 on its list of the 500 Greatest Albums of All Time.

PURPLE RAIN
Prince designed Purple Rain as the project that would make him a superstar, and surprisingly, that is exactly what happened. Simultaneously more focused and ambitious than any of his previous records, Purple Rain finds Prince consolidating his funk and R&B roots while moving boldly into pop, rock, and heavy metal with nine superbly crafted songs. All of the stylistic experiments add up to a stunning statement of purpose that remains one of the most exciting rock & roll albums ever created.

LP Track Listings:

DIRTY MIND
Side 1
1. Dirty Mind
2. When You Were Mine
3. Do It All Night
4. Gotta Broken Heart Again

Side 2
1. Uptown
2. Head
3. Sister
4. Partyup

CONTROVERSY
Side 1
1. Controversy
2. Sexuality
3. Do Me, Baby

Side 2
1. Private Joy
2. Ronnie, Talk To Russia
3. Let's Work
4. Annie Christian
5. Jack U Off

1999 (2 LP Set)
LP 1 – Side A
1. 1999
2. Little Red Corvette
3. Delirious

LP 1 – Side B
1. Let's Pretend We're Married
2. D.M.S.R.

LP 2 – Side A
1. Automatic
2. Something In The Water (Does Not Compute)
3. Free

LP 2 – Side B
1. Lady Cab Driver
2. All The Critics Love U In New York
3. International Lover

PURPLE RAIN
Side 1
1. Let’s Go Crazy
2. Take Me With U
3. The Beautiful Ones
4. Computer Blue
5. Darling Nikki

Side 2
1. When Doves Cry
2. I Would Die 4 U
3. Baby I’m A Star
4. Purple Rain
The timing of this saddens me more than you could ever know. If anyone wants to snatch this up, I'll trade for it; funds right now are absolutely unattainable. :(
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

mojoryan wrote:The timing of this saddens me more than you could ever know. If anyone wants to snatch this up, I'll trade for it; funds right now are absolutely unattainable. :(

That's just how I felt when I saw this. No money to spend now. Damn good deal. Glad I have these albums already, but would love the reissues. Perhaps one day.
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

how incredible is THIS?
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

New song and website for PRINCE

http://20pr1nc3.com/