The Troggs

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
dagingerrocker
Little Acorn

Re: The Troggs

Post by dagingerrocker »

rsimms3 wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:
dagingerrocker wrote: Thanks man I'm like 13 I've been collecting for 5 years, I have 15000 records but just started with white stripes any advice?
wish I had rich parents.
He never said any of the records were any good (though I am sure some are). People will give away records for free if you are in the right place at the right time.....you don't need rich parents for that.
I pick garages on weekends, salvation army after school, just last week I found vee jay songs pictures stories of the Beatles for a dollar in great condition, I sell on the street a cooper sguare with a vet three times a week, that's how I make my money
I understand that and you got a point there but this amp goes up to eleven...
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

dagingerrocker wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:
dagingerrocker wrote: Thanks man I'm like 13 I've been collecting for 5 years, I have 15000 records but just started with white stripes any advice?
wish I had rich parents.
Screw you dude I'm a self made man I make my money dealing records I live in Brooklyn and live off 20 bucks a week and that money goes to buying five lunches a week, so yeah in the tool.
1. I'm not complaining about how you got your stuff I'm just jealous.
2. If you have a collection 15,000 records that's a lot a space. In new York space is money. Your parents must have a plenty of space to hold that collection.
3. $20 a week ain't poor. I think my allowance was closer to $1 a week and only if I did all my chores.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
dagingerrocker
Little Acorn

Post by dagingerrocker »

Stl_ben wrote:
dagingerrocker wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:
wish I had rich parents.
Screw you dude I'm a self made man I make my money dealing records I live in Brooklyn and live off 20 bucks a week and that money goes to buying five lunches a week, so yeah in the tool.
2. If you have a collection 15,000 records that's a lot a space. In new York space is money. Your parents must have a plenty of space to hold that collection.
3. $20 a week ain't poor. I think my allowance was closer to $1 a week and only if I did all my chores.
I pay for the storage close in long island, and store some in my friends basement in Inwood, and I have to eat of those 20 dollars fool
I understand that and you got a point there but this amp goes up to eleven...
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

dagingerrocker wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:
dagingerrocker wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:
wish I had rich parents.
I pay for the storage close in long island, and store some in my friends basement in Inwood, and I have to eat of those 20 dollars fool
Wait, you eat $20 bills?
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

so, just to review...
you're 13 and you own 15,000 records of which you acquired by yourself. you started when you were 8.
so, in the 1,825 days that you've been a collector, you've managed to score about 8 records a day...one of which is a sealed mono butcher cover.
you're allotted $20 a week, but all of that goes to lunches. yet, you still manage to pay for storage with the $0 you have left over, and of course, for the 8 or so records per day.
you team up with lieutenant dan on the weekends and after school and sell your wares.

now i'll take it from here...

you're walking down the street, and in the drain, you see a gleaming golden ticket of some kind.
you pull that shit out and BOOM, you're whisked away to the most bad ass chocolate factory mankind has ever seen. you can eat f-ing everything in the factory.
your once-crippled, but now mobile, crotchety old grandpa comes along for the ride but gets your ginger ass in trouble because he decides it'd be hunky dory to drink fizzy lifting cola while the rest of the group goes on with the factory tour.
lo and behold, since this shit isn't ready for the public, both of you begin floating upwards towards a giant fan covered in blood and guts of other kids who broke the rules.
you try and burp so that the air in your body will cause you to drop down, and it WORKS, but you lose air too fast and both of you plummet down to the ground to your deaths.
afterwards, a group of white swirlers buy tickets to new york and divide 15,000 records among themselves and everyone lived happily ever after.
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

Ohhh man. I accidently clicked on the troggs thread, and whammy!
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Hamptonio wrote:so, just to review...
you're 13 and you own 15,000 records of which you acquired by yourself. you started when you were 8.
so, in the 1,825 days that you've been a collector, you've managed to score about 8 records a day...one of which is a sealed mono butcher cover.
you're allotted $20 a week, but all of that goes to lunches. yet, you still manage to pay for storage with the $0 you have left over, and of course, for the 8 or so records per day.
you team up with lieutenant dan on the weekends and after school and sell your wares.

you're walking down the street, and in the drain, you see a gleaming golden ticket of some kind.
you pull that shit out and BOOM, you're whisked away to the most bad ass chocolate factory mankind has ever seen. you can eat f-ing everything in the factory.
your once-crippled, but now mobile, crotchety old grandpa comes along for the ride but gets your ginger ass in trouble because he decides it'd be hunky dory to drink fizzy lifting cola while the rest of the group goes on with the factory tour.
lo and behold, since this shit isn't ready for the public, both of you begin floating upwards towards a giant fan covered in blood and guts of other kids who broke the rules.
you try and burp so that the air in your body will cause you to drop down, and it WORKS, but you lose air too fast and both of you plummet down to the ground to your deaths.
afterwards, a group of white swirlers buy tickets to new york and divide 15,000 records among themselves and everyone lived happily ever after.
Awesome...
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

:lol:

anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Excessive cockiness has been known to trigger involuntary spurts of creativity. It happens. Consider it one of the more gentille initiations around these parts.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

Moller72 wrote::lol:

Fuck, I laughed so hard I spat coffee all over my keyboard!
Never trust a hippy
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

"lieutenant dan". that was fucking hilarious.
he is everything i hate...
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

how bout them troggs, eh? helluva band. :D
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

http://youtu.be/3s6wY4CvpQ0 I enjoy this cover quite a bit, some have probably heard it but in case you haven't.
houses are full of things that gather dust
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

Basically the Troggs were the simplest formula for rippin out some rockin attitude... check out this cover of 'Satisfaction'

that fuckin guitar is tearin down any Keith Richards stylin and whats more its nearly got a few ska sounding moments goin

as for this situation:
elduderino wrote:"lieutenant dan". that was fucking hilarious.
yeah... that one pretty much sealed the deal for me

but now i'll take it from here.......

im gonna have to call bullshit on the $20 a week for food in Brooklyn as the only food youre gettin there whippersnapper

when yer glass of ice tea is $5 and yer burger/fries platter is $7 or $8 then someone has their foot up your wallet for certain

some rich ass _ _ _ _ _ (person) is still paying a shitload of bills for you any way you stack that load of stink up

utilities are boss then there's transport which is major and lets not even go into mortgages/rent/property taxes

capiche? so its time to own up to playin in the big boys sandbox of managing ones business

im throwin this in to sweeten the deal and welcome you to the sandbox anyways... i like people with some chutpah

The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:Basically the Troggs were the simplest formula for rippin out some rockin attitude... check out this cover of 'Satisfaction'

that fuckin guitar is tearin down any Keith Richards stylin and whats more its nearly got a few ska sounding moments goin

as for this situation:
elduderino wrote:"lieutenant dan". that was fucking hilarious.
yeah... that one pretty much sealed the deal for me

but now i'll take it from here.......

im gonna have to call bullshit on the $20 a week for food in Brooklyn as the only food youre gettin there whippersnapper

when yer glass of ice tea is $5 and yer burger/fries platter is $7 or $8 then someone has their foot up your wallet for certain

some rich ass _ _ _ _ _ (person) is still paying a shitload of bills for you any way you stack that load of stink up

utilities are boss then there's transport which is major and lets not even go into mortgages/rent/property taxes

capiche? so its time to own up to playin in the big boys sandbox of managing ones business

im throwin this in to sweeten the deal and welcome you to the sandbox anyways... i like people with some chutpah

that 'satisfaction' cover is excellent! they're practically a glam rock band in this.