Laura Marling

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
jamesmonzon1
Little Acorn

Re: Laura Marling

Post by jamesmonzon1 »

Another song release. Can this gal ever make one bad song???
"Once"- https://soundcloud.com/lauramarlingoffi ... rling-once
"There's nothing as reverential as putting on a vinyl album and manually flipping it. You can't fast-forward. You can't pause. More than likely, you are going to let the whole thing play."-Jack White III
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

jamesmonzon1 wrote:Another song release. Can this gal ever make one bad song???
"Once"- https://soundcloud.com/lauramarlingoffi ... rling-once
Thank you for that link..

I seriously can't wait to see her next week at amoeba.. I was initially gutted that I wouldn't be able to see her play at the cemetery bc of a black angels show but I couldn't be more excited now to see her play the amoeba show....

I keep thinkiing her album comes out. Next week.........sighh.....
"Love, Peace And Hair Grease"
jamesmonzon1
Little Acorn

Post by jamesmonzon1 »

"There's nothing as reverential as putting on a vinyl album and manually flipping it. You can't fast-forward. You can't pause. More than likely, you are going to let the whole thing play."-Jack White III
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

She's killing It at amoeba.....new songs are simply great...they have the new album for sale as well....
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

Gave the new album a proper spinning last night.....fn hell, I think this is officially my new favorite album of hers......its her most intense one yet and she's really coming into her own here......vocally and musically......

Another keeper.....
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Well when the fuck is she coming to America. You have had her long enough! Bloody Hell.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

Alabama Woody wrote:Well when the fuck is she coming to America. You have had her long enough! Bloody Hell.
uhhh..i maybe be rather inebriated but i coudl've sworn the woman just performed at Amoeba records in LA last monday...i would know..i was there.....either that or i had a REALLY anti-climactic dream of seeing a rather short laura marling set at ameoba.....oooooor i don't really live on the weeest cooast ........ shit.... whaaa?!?! miiiindffuuucckk............. Touche monsieur Woody from Alabama.....Touche!

then she played the hollywood cemetery masonic lodge the next night...which i missed to go see the black angels..... i got minor whip lash bc of it....lesson learned....

so...like.....she kind has been in the AMERICAS.....fuck yeah!!! hahaha

:ppppp
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

Alabama Woody wrote:Well when the fuck is she coming to America. You have had her long enough! Bloody Hell.
She actually lives in Los Angeles these days.
jamesmonzon1
Little Acorn

Post by jamesmonzon1 »

Anyone catch her performance on BBC radio 1 a couple hours ago? She mentions that all but one track made the album. I'm wondering if that track is the b-side on the Master Hunter 7". Supposed to be written on piano but since I haven't received my copy yet, I have no idea whether the instrumentation has changed.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Laura Marling

Post by Alabama Woody »

candycaneboy03 wrote:
uhhh..i maybe be rather inebriated but i coudl've sworn the woman just performed at Amoeba records in LA last monday...i would know..i was there.....either that or i had a REALLY anti-climactic dream of seeing a rather short laura marling set at ameoba.....oooooor i don't really live on the weeest cooast ........ shit.... whaaa?!?! miiiindffuuucckk............. Touche monsieur Woody from Alabama.....Touche!

then she played the hollywood cemetery masonic lodge the next night...which i missed to go see the black angels..... i got minor whip lash bc of it....lesson learned....

so...like.....she kind has been in the AMERICAS.....fuck yeah!!! hahaha

:ppppp
Well you got me there. But that is a world away from Alabama !!
Can't make that trip for such a short show.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

JonnyH wrote:
She actually lives in Los Angeles these days.
damn.....youre right......how the HELL did i not know this?!?! she's my semi-distant neighbor now....

Pretty nice article/mini interview with her...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2013/ap ... once-eagle
alanl
Little Cream Soda

Post by alanl »

Laura Marling did a gig here in Amsterdam at concerto, we all sat and watched a very talented young musician! definitely recommended
Opened with` I was an eagle`, a 7 minute song!!`She did a 30 minute set.
Here is a photo of the GIG POSTER 1 0F 2 i got after the show!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mr. Natural - The Whole Universe is Completely Insane!
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

KEXP put up the video of the live in studio performance. The full performance is at the bottom and just under 20 minutes. http://blog.kexp.org/2013/06/12/live-vi ... a-marling/
jamesmonzon1
Little Acorn

Post by jamesmonzon1 »

Video from Guild. I think LM should do more pieces on electric. The reverb and delay really lend themselves to her style of play.