Laura Marling

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
chris865
Little Ghost

Re: Laura Marling

Post by chris865 »

candycaneboy03 wrote:
...chris, where you at homeboy?!?!?!
Shhhh.....i'm listening to my new LM record :)
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

Saw Laura this evening and I have to say she was stunning. The Venue was amazing and the night was really nice. Minus a bunch of douche bags that kept talking so Laura Made fun of them and we all laughed.

Toronto is a great city it would be even better without the Toronto Hipster Douches that were only there because they thought it would be cool to be there and not actually listen to the music.
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

hawke000 wrote:Saw Laura this evening and I have to say she was stunning. The Venue was amazing and the night was really nice. Minus a bunch of douche bags that kept talking so Laura Made fun of them and we all laughed.

Toronto is a great city it would be even better without the Toronto Hipster Douches that were only there because they thought it would be cool to be there and not actually listen to the music.
Watch at around 8:33 she pwn's some assholes talking in the back :D

arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

hawke000 wrote:
hawke000 wrote:Saw Laura this evening and I have to say she was stunning. The Venue was amazing and the night was really nice. Minus a bunch of douche bags that kept talking so Laura Made fun of them and we all laughed.

...are you fairly tall and took these on your digital camera? ....I was standing right next to you. Hahaha. Aweesoommee show
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

arewhyehen wrote:
hawke000 wrote:

...are you fairly tall and took these on your digital camera? ....I was standing right next to you. Hahaha. Aweesoommee show
I drove from London ON to see this show
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

I was the dude in the hoodie and black hat. (someone was wearing an RRS shirt)
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

hawke000 wrote:I was the dude in the hoodie and black hat. (someone was wearing an RRS shirt)
That was my girlfriend probably. It was the 3/4 sleeve shirt with the RRS on the front and I was wearing a Raconteurs shirt with a plaid shirt over top. I think we were right behind you/to your left all show. If you're who I think you were then you were in the center of the stage and taller than anyone else around ahaha so we were trying to get around you to see ;)
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

okay, so i never gave my two reviews of my laura shows in la, .....and now after 3-4 glasses of vodka i think i can find the words to say..and to post, seems like the only necessary condition for me to post nowadays.

laura live was bloody fucken, the best damn rootin tootin thing that in sam tarnation i've seen in a quite shit shootin a fucken while.

As far as merch goes,..... in every non-jack related show, i tend to always say to my friend, "we've seriously been spoiled as far as merch goes". Because there really wasn't much at the stand.

The hollywood forever cemetery show was splendid. All seated, my first for a change. and after the troubadour show, i realized, seating was best for a laura show. that, and i'm just getting too fucken old man. ma joint's jus can't take it anymore. them knees that is. standing, in one space, for hours on end. Not to mention the fucken kids around me who won't shut the fuck up, and the old enough guy to know that his voice will NEVER come close to LAURA's so he should quit fucken singing her songs out loud.

as for her opening band, alessi's ark, they've grown on me exponentially since seeing them. to the point that i'd go a show just for them. real easy goin ya know? she's a soft spoken lady too, can be quite funny to boot. just wish theyd've released more vinyl.... what can i say, i'm a vinyl junkie in the end.

laura used the same lines for crowd banter two shows in a row. the bloody SAME. but i don't blame her, as she says "it's just not her for-tay" she's sure as hell pleasin to the eye's, and her voice to the ears. would've loved to see a couple older songs on the setlist. but guess i just missed that boat of hers. on to the new material..

oh man, i haven't a clue what i'm writing....betst typer undr the influence i say...
"Love, Peace And Hair Grease"
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

arewhyehen wrote:
hawke000 wrote:I was the dude in the hoodie and black hat. (someone was wearing an RRS shirt)
That was my girlfriend probably. It was the 3/4 sleeve shirt with the RRS on the front and I was wearing a Raconteurs shirt with a plaid shirt over top. I think we were right behind you/to your left all show. If you're who I think you were then you were in the center of the stage and taller than anyone else around ahaha so we were trying to get around you to see ;)
That wasn't me, I don't like tall people in the middle of crowds.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

hawke000 wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
Neither do i haha Anyways, judging by where you were standing in that video, I was definitely beside you. Nice to meet you, sort of..
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

arewhyehen wrote:
hawke000 wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
Neither do i haha Anyways, judging by where you were standing in that video, I was definitely beside you. Nice to meet you, sort of..
You too. I am Frank is from London as well. I was born at St. Joes, know the place well.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

hawke000 wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
hawke000 wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
You too. I am Frank is from London as well. I was born at St. Joes, know the place well.
Ahh that's cool. I was born at the same hospital. Anyone else from southern Ontario? My girlfriend Gabbybee on here is from London as well. She just joined recently
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

http://www.npr.org/2011/10/06/141008052 ... in-concert
Laura Marling In Concert From 6th & I Synagogue - Washington
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

Perfection:

chris865
Little Ghost