The Official Pearl Jam Sucks Thread

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
Kaber
Little People

Re: The Official Pearl Jam Sucks Thread

Post by Kaber »

hawke000 wrote:Don't fuck with Bob Dylan, I'm with Mark on this one.
Good luck with that
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

Kaber wrote:
hawke000 wrote:Don't fuck with Bob Dylan, I'm with Mark on this one.
Good luck with that
Jack White - De Stijl and Jack White now are two very different people, same goes with Dylan. Different, but the same. Evolved if you will.
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

Kaber wrote:
Grimtale wrote:
Kaber wrote:Bob Dylan is worse
Dude, them is fightin words. Even Jack will help me come kick your ass.
Grim
Bring it on - Dylan Live these days is lame.
His back is turned to the audience
and the show is very poor
You think otherwise - good luck to you

Oh and who the hell are you to think Jack is at your beck and call
- his number one fan???
I'm a bigger Dylan fan than I am a Jack fan.
Actually Jack is probably not even in my top 5 list.
I only hang out here to fook with peeps like you.
Grim
I am everything you hate...
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

I think Kev secretly started this thread to entice Kaber into stirring some shit so we could turn it into a Kaber bashing thread... right kev?
icdvet
Little Ghost

Post by icdvet »

Pearl Jam sucked when Nirvana were around and became totally irrelevant the moment Kurt blew his brains out (my personal JFK moment - I still remember where I was when I heard that news). I dont understand why anyone cares about what they have to say, there are so many better bands out there even just in the alt. rock/grunge category - Mudhoney, Sugar, My Dad Is Dead, RFTC to name 4 off the top of my head. I blame MTV.
And I would like Dylan if I could understand what the hell he was saying.
Dear NSA, I hope that you enjoy this post.
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

Grimtale wrote:I think Kev secretly started this thread to entice Kaber into stirring some shit so we could turn it into a Kaber bashing thread... right kev?
Looks like I've touched a raw nerve
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

kevron6 wrote:Pearl Jam sucks. I have had this on my mind all day and just need to get it off my chest.
I'm interested in hearing your reasoning for this statement. Please elaborate.
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

I can't even believe that anyone would bring Nirvana into this. They pioneered a genre of music (not the first grunge band - but they brought it to the national stage for everyone to rape later on). I'd say Bob Dylan and Nirvana should be off limits (shaking as I'm typing...) :lol:
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

Kaber wrote:
Grimtale wrote:I think Kev secretly started this thread to entice Kaber into stirring some shit so we could turn it into a Kaber bashing thread... right kev?
Looks like I've touched a raw nerve
Dude, you can talk about my momma, wife, me, whoever.... but leave Dylan out of this.
Grim
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

Kaber wrote:Dylan Live these days is lame. His back is turned to the audience and the show is very poor.
Really, when was the last time you saw him? I've seen him about a dozen times and never once did he play w/his back to the audience. RE the show itself, now your just spouting crazy-talk. Granted there was a slight recalibration when Larry Campbell and Charlie Sexton split (Charlie's back now by the way), but that was a minor hiccup. Oh yeah, and one other thing, Tony Garnier and George Receli are the strongest rhythm section since Paul Chambers and Philly Joe Jones.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

Grimtale wrote:I'm a bigger Dylan fan than I am a Jack fan.
+1
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

dylnfan wrote:
Kaber wrote:Dylan Live these days is lame. His back is turned to the audience and the show is very poor.
Really, when was the last time you saw him? I've seen him about a dozen times and never once did he play w/his back to the audience. RE the show itself, now your just spouting crazy-talk. Granted there was a slight recalibration when Larry Campbell and Charlie Sexton split (Charlie's back now by the way), but that was a minor hiccup. Oh yeah, and one other thing, Tony Garnier and George Receli are the strongest rhythm section since Paul Chambers and Philly Joe Jones.
http://www.clashmusic.com/live-review/b ... roundhouse
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

Kaber wrote:
dylnfan wrote:
http://www.clashmusic.com/live-review/b ... roundhouse
Ok, so you saw one show a year ago? Hardly sufficient justification.

- Cmelo
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

He played with his back to crowd in Pawtucket last year, and only played guitar on one or two songs. I agree Jack and Bob have changed over they years, not necessarily for the better. I have seen Dylan at least 20 times, and pretty much live all his recorded output, but havent seen a good show from him in the past 10 years. I am going again in a couple if weeks, just hope he is up for it this time.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
IamFrank007
Little Acorn

Post by IamFrank007 »

Ten and Vs. are great records, the rest I don't own and will not buy. Nirvana,Soundgarden and Alice In Chains are much better,IMO.... Those I have all the Lp's. As for Dylan, not my cup of tea,I prefer my music loud and heavy,with booming bass and dirty guitar. Rage Against The Machine rocks an awesome "Maggie's Farm"....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmceSj07_fs
Frank is a funkasaurus rex......................