Mumford & Sons

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Mumford & Sons

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Not a terribly obscure band, I'll concede, but I've caught the bug for Mumford & Sons lately. The music makes me want to tear at the strings and stomp on the floor. There's some great footage out there of them playing with Laura Marling (a wonder to behold). Going to try and ship up to Boston this week and catch one of their last shows in the states.

Just wondering if anyone has seen them live or taken a liking to the band. Cheers.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
JoseyWales
Little Acorn

Re: Mumford & Sons

Post by JoseyWales »

Big fan, and they are amazing live. You should Def. check them out!
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Just booked a plane to Boston for Thursday. Now all I need is a pair of tickets to the show. :lol:
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

Certainly a spirited band and a decent album amongst many this year.

At latitude festival they were one of 'the bands' for the youngsters.

Would recommend you check out The Villagers - very strong album
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

My son just picked this up last week. We've been spinning it quite a bit. I really dig it. Some of the harmonies hearken to my childhood, having grown up listening to Crosby, Stills, Nash (& Young).

There's something that is at once calming and frantically energizing about it. The music, at times, reminds me of Flogging Molly...which is a good thing.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
skullfeast
Little Bird

Post by skullfeast »

I've been listening to them a lot lately. Too "spiritual" for me, but beautiful nonetheless. Stoked about their upcoming album.
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

Anybody going to see Mumford on tour get there early and check out Dawes as support, you will not be disappointed.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
redsox401
Little Acorn

Post by redsox401 »

flattop2001 wrote:Anybody going to see Mumford on tour get there early and check out Dawes as support, you will not be disappointed.
Awesome im going tomorrow night in Norfolk, VA.
Hi
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

LMK what you think.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
redsox401
Little Acorn

Post by redsox401 »

flattop2001 wrote:LMK what you think.
They were great. bought both LPs from the merch table. talk to a lot of people there how went just for them. not to take anything from MS they put on a damn good show
Hi
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Just announced a few "stopover" shows ni the UK, US and one in Canada that is right close o home for me :) about 30 mins from Tillsonburg..wooo

I was just talking about these guys and wanting to see them about 3 weeks ago...

http://www.gentlemenoftheroad.com/

For anyone in Ontario and thinking about going to the show, Simcoe is pretty close to some really nice beaches and it will be sunny in August...
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

arewhyehen wrote:Just announced a few "stopover" shows ni the UK, US and one in Canada that is right close o home for me :) about 30 mins from Tillsonburg..wooo

I was just talking about these guys and wanting to see them about 3 weeks ago...

http://www.gentlemenoftheroad.com/

For anyone in Ontario and thinking about going to the show, Simcoe is pretty close to some really nice beaches and it will be sunny in August...
Yeah they are stopping by close here to just don't want to spend $110 for mumford. But I probably will eventually.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I would love to go see them on this tour. My son is the one that got me listening to them and seeing them live on late night TV shows, they are very musical.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Alabama Woody wrote:I would love to go see them on this tour. My son is the one that got me listening to them and seeing them live on late night TV shows, they are very musical.
They played 3 sold out shows in a row at the Ryman when I was down for a week before the Chattanooga Jack show and I still kick myself for not getting tickets to one of those shows. This is my redemption....which it wasnt an outdoor show though..
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Tickets went on sale at 11 for the Gentlemen of the Road tour and I am currently waiting in a "virtual line" for them. Ugh, stress....can't believe I am doing this two days in a row..