John Frusciante

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
hsp88
Little Ghost

John Frusciante

Post by hsp88 »

Just want to see what you guys think about him, personally he is the reason I first decided to play guitar. Any one listen to his solo stuff? Any thoughts accepted and encouraged.
13lovemusic
Little Cream Soda

Re: John Frusciante

Post by 13lovemusic »

I love him. All his solo records are in my collection.
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

The best thing HE and the chili peppers ever did was wet sand and stadium arcadium.
makers888
Little Acorn

Post by makers888 »

hawke000 wrote:The best thing HE and the chili peppers ever did was wet sand and stadium arcadium.
Huh, are you fucking kidding me! Not saying that I'm not a fan of Stadium Arcadium, but, c'mon!

I own all of Frusciante's solo albums. Including the deleted and hard to find (Smiles From The Streets You Hold). I thought his latest, The Empyrean, was fantastic! Solely been a fan of Frusciante for many years. I couldn't really call myself a big Chili Peppers fan, just a Frusciante fan. Extremely talented being and a great soul. Though he has gotten crazy over the years.
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

trolling is a art.
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

Personally i think Frusciante is a master of melody, hes one of the only guys who can truly convey his exact feelings through his guitar. its like an extension of him. i love all his solo albums and i have all the ones that exist on vinyl on it except curtains which im still looking for. i love them all for their own merit, they span from crazy avant guard (smile from the streets you hold is definitely the most out there), to truly beautiful. if i had to give a recommendation to any person who hasn't listened to his solo solo stuff, get Shadows Collide with People, its for sure one of his masterpieces. his newest the Empyrean is defiantly his true solo masterpiece as a whole. Chili pepper wise i personally think he was the best rock guitarist alive today (i love all music and alot of players but john seems to posses some unearthly god like qualities ) and if you ever had the chance to see him live you would know (if not go watch youtube). Hawke i love SA and i also think wet sand is an epic song, i think the song Dosed off by the way is a feat of modern music.
13lovemusic
Little Cream Soda

Post by 13lovemusic »

I agree with everything what you wrote but you forgot for one thing. He is no only awesome guitarist but the siger too. His voice always break my heart. His singing is the same as his playing on guitar.
makers888
Little Acorn

Post by makers888 »

By the way, all you Frusciante fans did download the free song "Here, Air" right? Just wanted to give the heads up just in case.
makers888
Little Acorn

Post by makers888 »

Greatness was born on this day back in 1970.
BluNtMarLey
Little Cream Soda

Post by BluNtMarLey »

Awesomeness.... fucking love john also and have for as long as i can remember. Got all his vinyl releases along with a couple of estrus 7"s. If anyone is searching for one dont hesitate to shoot me a pm.
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

BluNtMarLey wrote:Awesomeness.... fucking love john also and have for as long as i can remember. Got all his vinyl releases along with a couple of estrus 7"s. If anyone is searching for one dont hesitate to shoot me a pm.
41817_269672024684_6750_n.jpg
Dude JF is my homeboy for real, everything he has ever put out holds a special place in my being. Happy Bday to him
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MayoSoda
Little Bird

Post by MayoSoda »

homeboy isn't showing up to the Red Hot Chili Peppers Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction.. seems like kind of a childish move:

http://www.nme.com/news/red-hot-chili-peppers/62468
BluNtMarLey
Little Cream Soda

Post by BluNtMarLey »

Well ultimately its no ones decision but his if he chooses to go or not. Hes got plenty of projects keeping him busy at the moment. But if i were in his position i would definitely go.
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

MayoSoda wrote:homeboy isn't showing up to the Red Hot Chili Peppers Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction.. seems like kind of a childish move:

http://www.nme.com/news/red-hot-chili-peppers/62468
ya i think that sucks, it would of been nice to see him there.
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

There may be a few people interested in this news here, personally i am exploding with joy :D
http://invisible-movement.net/2012/05/j ... letur-lefr