Beck

Post by lightschuh »

Why are there no Beck threads!
http://www.beck.com/
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Re: Beck

Post by kevron6 »

I am a huge Beck fan myself. I really enjoy his music and think he is underated as a musician.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
lightschuh
Little Acorn

Post by lightschuh »

Favorite album anyone?
Odelay is great
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

Sea Change, prefer the mellow Beck.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
lightschuh
Little Acorn

Post by lightschuh »

I never got into sea change as i did so much any other album. If I was in the mood for smooth beck, i would go with mutations. I usually end up listening to midnight vultures though just because of the craziness of it.
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

I prefer Mellow Gold, or even one foot In The Grave. There is Just too much going on in MV for me, although it is a great party album.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
lightschuh
Little Acorn

Post by lightschuh »

Yeah i really like alot of his folk stuff too. i would say stereopathetic soul manure and one foot in the grave really go well together if you are in the mood for beck folk
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

Midnight Vultures! Awesome album
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

Odelay is hard to top. Really hard to pick a favorite one for me they all are quite different.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
ochfish707
Little Ghost

Post by ochfish707 »

one of my all time favorite albums is Sea Change
'i'm taking my ball and going home'
lightschuh
Little Acorn

Post by lightschuh »

Beck did alot of the Scott Pilgrim Soundtrack being himself and the Se Bo-Bomb songs. One of the best movies ever by the way. Hopefully he does a whole Sex Bo- Bomb album or something.
ericlb75
Little Cream Soda

Post by ericlb75 »

I am a huge Beck fan as I was there for his release of Mellow Gold at Aaron's Records and the Odelay release at the Tower Records on Sunset (sadly, both places are no longer there). There is a guy who catalogs every show and release, and he runs a blog and they can be found at whiskeyclone.net. As for any show that people want to download, they can be found at becktabs.com. The forum is pretty dead but you can find pretty much any show you want (not entirely true) - check out this link http://becktabs.com/forum/viewforum.php ... d435140a60 for information.

You will need to download a program for access to downloads but it has AMAZING!!! stuff.
BluefordT
Little Ghost

Post by BluefordT »

I would have to go with Stereo Pathetic Soul-Manure, as my fave Beck LP. Seen him live 6 times, and he never fails to give a great show. His website and "Recordstore" is the shizzzz.
"No saddly I didn't have enough money from flipping to pay for the car..."
StLBen:Stiben(Elitist Hipster Tool Person)
lightschuh
Little Acorn

Post by lightschuh »

ericlb75 wrote:I am a huge Beck fan as I was there for his release of Mellow Gold at Aaron's Records and the Odelay release at the Tower Records on Sunset (sadly, both places are no longer there). There is a guy who catalogs every show and release, and he runs a blog and they can be found at whiskeyclone.net. As for any show that people want to download, they can be found at becktabs.com. The forum is pretty dead but you can find pretty much any show you want (not entirely true) - check out this link http://becktabs.com/forum/viewforum.php ... d435140a60 for information.

You will need to download a program for access to downloads but it has AMAZING!!! stuff.
I've been trying to find a site like this for a while now. they have soooo much live stuff! it's too amazing. thanks for sharing!
ericlb75
Little Cream Soda

Post by ericlb75 »

Look out for the Modern Guilt Accoustic set and the Record Club releases. The Modern Guilt accoustic is great!