The Black Keys

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
3quid
Little Acorn

Re: The Black Keys

Post by 3quid »

orangeshoeskid wrote:Still looking for the leak of Brothers online. I found one but it was missing like 4 or 5 songs and I can't seem to find a full download.
The whole album is right here http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... p#playlist
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

For those of you that have gotten special 7" singles from the new album, how about posting some pictures up. I haven't seen any of those floating around yet.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

orangeshoeskid wrote:Image
How were these given out and does anyone have one to sell/trade or know where I can get one?
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

The 10" RSD Black Keys single and the 10" Devo "Human Rocket" single had an email and code in the run out etching. If you emailed the code to the email they sent you a link and a code to "buy" this single for free. Unfortunately the codes they emailed out were not unique to each record purchased. People started posting the codes online and soon the 200 singles that they had pressed were gone. By the time I had sent them an email with the code late that night it was not working, I sent an email to warnerbros and the email that was on the record and I got two different responses. Warnerbros said they would send me out one personally for their screw up on the situation, the other email address said "sorry, the promotion is now over".

Sorry, I don't know of any for sale and I'm pretty sure they are all accounted for now and I have a feeling they may have had to press more due to the code being leaked.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

orangeshoeskid wrote:The 10" RSD Black Keys single and the 10" Devo "Human Rocket" single had an email and code in the run out etching. If you emailed the code to the email they sent you a link and a code to "buy" this single for free. Unfortunately the codes they emailed out were not unique to each record purchased. People started posting the codes online and soon the 200 singles that they had pressed were gone. By the time I had sent them an email with the code late that night it was not working, I sent an email to warnerbros and the email that was on the record and I got two different responses. Warnerbros said they would send me out one personally for their screw up on the situation, the other email address said "sorry, the promotion is now over".

Sorry, I don't know of any for sale and I'm pretty sure they are all accounted for now and I have a feeling they may have had to press more due to the code being leaked.
There was a RSD 10"? I only heard of the 12" Tighten up and mine did not say anything about emailing in a code for the TBK/Devo split.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

oops. my bad. It was the 12" Howlin' for you/Tighten Up single. It didn't have anything on the outside about the email, it was a secret thing that wasn't mentioned until later that night on the black key's facebook page. I had left mine at my fiancee's and read it online and woke her up to have her read me the email address and the code.

I don't believe that any of the 12"s outside of the US had the code etched in.
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

So who here has had a listen to the new album? Did anyone who has the CD notice that it changes colors after you play it?
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Damn, I lost that auction for the Devo/BK split. If ANYONE has one to trade, please contact me.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
EdwardWBjornson
Little Acorn

Post by EdwardWBjornson »

Looks like there's another two out on feebay now.

I bought the 2LP set today :D
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

orangeshoeskid wrote:Image
I received it too. I was wondering if WB would send it to France but they did. Cover is a little bit creased but I don't care, just happy to have it :mrgreen:
The french White Stripes | Third Mand Records | Raconteurs | Dead Weather board : Join the French Fun
--> JUST HERE
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

Picked up the album and tickets to see them at Brixton Academy on my 40th birthday - awesome
IamFrank007
Little Acorn

Post by IamFrank007 »

What happened to the Dan and Pat ,I grew to love.. Pounding drums ,fuzzed out guitar licks, and Dan howling at the moon..They need to get out of the studio and go back to the Rubber Factory, :?
Frank is a funkasaurus rex......................
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

IamFrank007 wrote:What happened to the Dan and Pat ,I grew to love.. Pounding drums ,fuzzed out guitar licks, and Dan howling at the moon..They need to get out of the studio and go back to the Rubber Factory, :?
They'd have to find a new rubber factory. That one in Akron was torn down earlier this year.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

Kaber wrote:Picked up the album and tickets to see them at Brixton Academy on my 40th birthday - awesome
Finally someone on the boards that is older than me. For what it is worth after meeting you I would of guessed early 30's. You look alot like Charlie off of Lost when you have the beard.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.