The Black Keys

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Re: The Black Keys

Post by arewhyehen »

Kaber wrote:Interesting dilemma - arena vs previous experience small venue
Or in the uk / Europe - festival vs previous experience small venue

Lucky enough to be in London where plenty of bands play at least one gig at a small venue.

Will pass on seeing Black Keys this tour

Wondering if I would do the same if Jack White
started doing arenas???
Jack is playing an arena that holds 20,000 in Toronto and last time he played back to back nights at a beautiful venue that held a few thousand. Not too happy about the arena thing either. I hate the arena he is playing for this show... There is no way he is selling out that place..
Dr.Zissou
Little Acorn

Post by Dr.Zissou »

I saw them play in NYC on 1/31 in a medium sized venue which holds approximately 3,200 people. It sold out within minutes. I'm not a fan of arena shows, but I do think they are big enough to warrant arena shows. If Queens of the Stoneage are playing arenas then The Black Keys are definitely big enough to play arenas. I can't decide if I want to go... I'm just not a fan of arenas, personally.
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

I was at msg at the front floor and that was alittle bit to much compared to all the times I saw them them in smaller venues, I was lucky to go to the Webster hall gig right before msg though, unless they do that kinda thing again and I get lucky with tickets I'm passing on the arena scene this time
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

I was at MSG and after AM opened they came right out and stood directly in front of me, I said nothing.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
Stay Gold
Little Bird

Post by Stay Gold »

anonymousbrunette wrote:
woodisgood wrote:I guess haters aren't allowed to comment on band threads . . . ? 8-)

But I just want to say one thing and I'll shut up: Dan Auerbach has zero charisma. None whatsoever. Some of their songs are okay, but without Patrick, they're zzzzzzz . . .
I have to disagree. Dan was incredible on his solo tour with Hacienda backing. Played one night sick as a dog and still managed to put on a great show. He does it for himself though. If he's not feeling it I'm sure it conveys.
I have to agree, Dan absolutely killed it on his solo tour. It all depends on what music they play and where. I saw him play at a burger place in San Diego, and he was on top of the tables strutting while laying down a killer solo. If he's playing boring El Camino shit or the 3 commercial friendly songs on Brothers then its most likely going to come off as boring. Patrick falls into that category as well. He used to pound the shit out of the drums, now its just straight forward fast pace drumming for their new Danger Mouse influenced stuff. As far as live performances go, they had so much freedom when it was just the two of them.
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

The Black Keys will guest on The Colbert Report Tuesday 13 May.

http://thecolbertreport.cc.com/?xrs=sem ... ert_report
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

If you are in Nashville, there is a listening party at The Groove where you can when the test pressing of the record....
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

Stl_ben wrote:If you are in Nashville, there is a listening party at The Groove where you can when the test pressing of the record....
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

The Popmarket deal today, 13 May, is Turn Blue LP with CD and poster, and Live at the Crystal Ballroom DVD for $26.99. Only 4 hours left as I type.
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

dunedin wrote:The Popmarket deal today, 13 May, is Turn Blue LP with CD and poster, and Live at the Crystal Ballroom DVD for $26.99. Only 4 hours left as I type.
nice, when I saw "Live at the Crystal Ballroom DVD" I was thinking CAKE, and got excited for a second... :D
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

bh1644 wrote:
dunedin wrote:The Popmarket deal today, 13 May, is Turn Blue LP with CD and poster, and Live at the Crystal Ballroom DVD for $26.99. Only 4 hours left as I type.
nice, when I saw "Live at the Crystal Ballroom DVD" I was thinking CAKE, and got excited for a second... :D
Do all the LP's include the cd and poster? I might get this as a gift for someone and don't think they will use the DVD and the LP is only $18 at my local shop. No sense in paying $10 for something he won't use. He will appreciate the CD for the car though so I want to make sure it is included in all LPs...that might make it worth the extra $10 if its only on pop market
knoxvle
Little Acorn

Post by knoxvle »

anybody get a Turn Blue slipmat?
If you have any extra message me!
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Step 1: Buy Popmarket bundle
Step 2: Wait for Popmarket bundle to arrive
Step 3: Throw LP, CD and poster away
Step 4: Enjoy DVD
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

arewhyehen wrote:
bh1644 wrote:
Do all the LP's include the cd and poster? I might get this as a gift for someone and don't think they will use the DVD and the LP is only $18 at my local shop. No sense in paying $10 for something he won't use. He will appreciate the CD for the car though so I want to make sure it is included in all LPs...that might make it worth the extra $10 if its only on pop market
The last few albums had cd and poster - pretty sure this one is the same.

Big price variations in the UK. £16.99 in black keys online store, £19.99 amazon and all the way up to £26.99 at Rough Trade
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Kaber wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
bh1644 wrote:
The last few albums had cd and poster - pretty sure this one is the same.

Big price variations in the UK. £16.99 in black keys online store, £19.99 amazon and all the way up to £26.99 at Rough Trade
Awesome. Going to just get it at my local shop for $18 then. That slipmat on the other hand would be a cool extra gift..haha None in Canada that I heard though :( USA gets all the good stuff..