The Decemberists

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
trickster
Greek Mod

Re: The Decemberists

Post by trickster »

The Decemberists do not sound like REM
The Hazzards Of Love is an amazing album. Stuck in my car mp3 player the past 2 months amd did some awesome singalongs with Colin while I was driving.
I agree that this is their first album in years that I dont find completely awesome with the first listen but it is definitely a grower.
I cannot say I am disappointed. For the time being I am listeing on repeat Rox In A Box, Dont Cary It All and Down By The Water
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

Hazards is my fav Decemberists album. King is Dead is a pretty awesome album too - they just keep getting better with every release.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

On April 16, we'll release Live At Bull Moose, a limited edition EP in conjunction with Record Store Day. The seven-track CD—which will be available at all participating independent record stores—was recorded live at our January in-store performance at Bull Moose in Scarborough, Maine, and includes songs from the new album, as well as The Louvin Brothers' “If I Could Only Win Your Love.”
stoutr
Little Ghost

Post by stoutr »

trickster wrote:
On April 16, we'll release Live At Bull Moose, a limited edition EP in conjunction with Record Store Day. The seven-track CD—which will be available at all participating independent record stores—was recorded live at our January in-store performance at Bull Moose in Scarborough, Maine, and includes songs from the new album, as well as The Louvin Brothers' “If I Could Only Win Your Love.”
Thanks Panos.
I just had to buy tickets to see them again in Bend (our semi-arid desert). Get to take the kids to this one. :D
I got that deep into variants once before with a collection, please shoot me if I go there again, it will drive you crazy I promise...
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

Great!You guys are gonna have so much fun!
I am certain I will not be able to catch them this year either
sigh :(
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

I dont know if this is old (it might not be since its featured in their first page now)
The King Is Dead is for sale and comes with a signed sleeve.
http://www.newburycomics.com/rel/v2_vie ... 9999475472

I have ordered many signed cds from Newbury and the deal is that you receive a sealed cd and an extra booklet that it is signed by the band members.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

I received my TKID boxset and I am happy to say that these were $211 very well spent.
There are a couple of details on this that I wasnt aware of and they made this set more special.
I didnt know that the original polaroid was numbered and signed by Automn De Wilde and the giclee print numbered and signed by Carson Ellis.

I am gonna post detailed pics of the items so people that do not have this one see how nice set it actually is.

The box

The book that features pictures from the thousands of the polaroids Automn De Wilde took during the sessions with the band
It also includes a CD and a DVD

Custom folder that holds the original polaroid and the giclee print

Vinyl outer and inner sleeve

Beautiful white vinyl

And here is my newbury comics order with the signed booklets
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

That looks like a pretty sweet boxset. Has a lot of the same "feel" about it as the Smoke Fairies box except way more polished and sufficient
stoutr
Little Ghost

Post by stoutr »

That photo is a keeper. Well done.
I got that deep into variants once before with a collection, please shoot me if I go there again, it will drive you crazy I promise...
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

love_islander wrote:That looks like a pretty sweet boxset. Has a lot of the same "feel" about it as the Smoke Fairies box except way more polished and sufficient
I still haven't seen a detailed pic of the contents of the SF box I think.
This one is definitely a nice one. Well worth the money I spent ($165 +shipping)
stoutr wrote:That photo is a keeper. Well done.
Cheers Chris.
I was extremely happy to see a band shot in my polaroid.
I know I wouldnt mind a tree or scenery shot like many people at the D's message board did, but definitely prefer one with band member.

I noticed that they recorded the album at or near Happy Valley OR and I was like OMG!
I bet you have been around the places these pics were taken?

I am becoming so obsessed with this band and also so sad I didnt have the chance to catch them performing live.
And now seems like a difficult period for them along with the announced break they will take after the current tour.
stoutr
Little Ghost

Post by stoutr »

trickster wrote: I noticed that they recorded the album at or near Happy Valley OR and I was like OMG!
I bet you have been around the places these pics were taken?

I am becoming so obsessed with this band and also so sad I didnt have the chance to catch them performing live.
And now seems like a difficult period for them along with the announced break they will take after the current tour.
They recorded a mile or two from my house. I found a bass string and store order on some scratch paper last year at Pickathon (local Roots music festival) in the barn they used.

They are only taking a break after this year because Colin is becoming a full fledged author and releasing his first book, "Wildwood" in the fall. The rest of the band is in a side project called Black Prairie and will have their second album out in the fall. Great music with viola, bass, keyboards, slide guitar and anything else Chris Funk can think of.

The biggest bummer is of course Jenny having breast cancer. She will not be on tour with them for a while. I get to go see them this Sunday for the first time without her. :( Go buy a "Team Jenny" shirt here: http://www.decemberistsshop.com/zencart ... fe8dv22i70
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

trickster wrote:
love_islander wrote:That looks like a pretty sweet boxset. Has a lot of the same "feel" about it as the Smoke Fairies box except way more polished and sufficient
I still haven't seen a detailed pic of the contents of the SF box I think.
This one is definitely a nice one. Well worth the money I spent ($165 +shipping)
I am changing jobs in the coming months and will be spending 2-3 months at home so fully intend to post detail pics of the smoke fairies gear.
stoutr
Little Ghost

Post by stoutr »

Still can't believe I got my hands on this:
Billy-Liar-plates-WEB.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim
chris865
Little Ghost

Post by chris865 »

Very nice, always sweet to get some proper rarities.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

Holy crap Chris!!!