2. Influences

Gigposter and Merch Design
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

2. Influences

Post by kevron6 »

2. What artist has influenced you the most and how so? Is there one poster that stands out in your mind as having changed your perspective on gigposters?

Among poster artists it would be the Ames Bros. visually and Rob Jones in a number of ways. Ames has a massive variety of styles, moods and textures in their prints and yet they all somehow end up looking like Ames prints. The ability to change styles is important in what I do and seeing someone like Ames do it successfully was a reminder that it was possible.

Rob took me under his wing early and taught me the ends and outs of the poster world. He remains my closest friend in the poster community.

If I had to pick one poster that stands out to me in the poster world it would be Aesthetic Apparatus's Meat Puppets poster from a few years ago. It may seem like a curious choice but everything just looks right in that print to me...it just hums.

I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
stoutr
Little Ghost

Re: 2. Influences

Post by stoutr »

I got that deep into variants once before with a collection, please shoot me if I go there again, it will drive you crazy I promise...
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim