Email notifications

AstroAvery
Little Bird

Email notifications

Post by AstroAvery »

Hey is there anyway to control whether or not the PM content is sent with the email. With white swirl it just gives me a URL and for my LR account and other forums' email notifications it has the actual message in the email.
Grimtale
Little People

Re: Email notifications

Post by Grimtale »

Ditto... As I was trying to read this site via my blackberry today I was thinking... wow, it would be nice if this one did like the LR and send you the reply the person put in the text of the email notification message. I figured it was just a setting so I came home and looked for the option to turn it on. :-( didn't see the option.

No biggie, just a thought for the future.
-Grimtale
I am everything you hate...
Scheckywhite
everything you hate...

Post by Scheckywhite »

I just had a quick look in the Admin control panel and couldn't find anything that would change the notification emails sorry maybe adam or ian might be able to change it
I wish I was purple, because I'm feeling blue. I'm not looking for love, but a good fuck'll do.
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

Scheckywhite wrote:I just had a quick look in the Admin control panel and couldn't find anything that would change the notification emails sorry maybe adam or ian might be able to change it
Thanks for looking, it could be a limitation of the forum software we are using or maybe the version. I've ran several pph bbs boards in the past and they are all different and some even quirky.
No biggie, just something that would be cool.
-Grimtale
I am everything you hate...
barrowc
Little Cream Soda

Post by barrowc »

It wasn't a deliberate change on the LR. Version 3 of IP.Board automatically includes the text and I don't think there's any obvious way to turn it off. I rather preferred it the other way, oh well
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

I've looked into it. There is a "Mod" that I can install to do it. I tried to install the mod and it didn't work. I am no longer really able to do anything because I don't have a personal computer, just my work laptop, and I don't really want to start screwing around on it..
AstroAvery
Little Bird

Post by AstroAvery »

No problem, like grimtale said, It would just be cool. And easier on my phone.