More real photos of items

3quid
Little Acorn

More real photos of items

Post by 3quid »

This kinda goes along with the "scan your 45's" initiative, but I think we should try to get real life photos of a lot of the merch and posters in all of the threads. And by "real life" I mean, take a picture of your actual item. Admittedly, I mostly only read the poster threads, but it would be nice to see a picture of someones item on display in the first post of the thread. This would be good for identifying the object if you are not already familiar with it, and also a lot of times a real photo does a lot better justice of the original jpeg poster image or kungfunation advertisement photo. Is there a way to have a photobucket profile that is dedicated for multiple people to upload their images to? Then when someone uploads an image, they can PM a mod with the link to the image, which can then be edited into the respective first posted in the thread. It seams a little awkward to have the first image of the item to be 10 or so post into the thread.

Also, while i'm in a mood to rant.....The initial post would be a good place to insert release information such as: year, run, ect.
higherlimits
Little People

Re: More real photos of items

Post by higherlimits »

that was the plan, the problems we had with the server and me moving and boxing up ALL of my stuff has put a delay on it. All the pictures will eventually be hosted right on our server, no need for photobucket.

As for the info it'll all be on the main site so I don't care if it's on the forum at all, it doesn't really matter to me, but I didn't start any threads so don't blame me.
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

OK, I don't know a whole lot about the main site. Is this just going to be the discussion/forum part of the site?
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

Yeah there will be a main site with such info, but ultimately we would like to see the specifics you've mentionned in the initial post of each item thread. The only reason it hasn't been done yet comes down to time, this has all be put together post haste to say the least, but it's being worked on. Funny timing because I was actually inserting some images of merch items in the racs section tonight, but they're just the images that kungfu provides, which aren't that realistic in some cases. I support the idea of having folks submit images of their actual items and it'll be easy to insert them into the threads once we have a link or the file uploaded on this very server.

So if you have a good quality picture of a merch item or pics/scans of records, please post them here or in the item thread and we'll move them to the inital post. Imagine, you could be famous! Don't hate, participate! :)
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

I've meant to get a submission form together for the site, I guess I can do that...
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

I love the idea
Besides the good quality pics/scans I love browsing pics of items collections etc even of the most common items
White Stripes goooood
White Stripes items goooood
pics of them gooooooooooood

I was gonna suggest it but apparently was not the only one who though of it
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426