1. Life Changing

Soledad Brother
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

1. Life Changing

Post by 7th_son »

1. What is the one musical phenomenon big or small that changed your life?

Ben Swank: When I was in High School, I saw the Laughing Hyenas play in the backroom of Be Bop records in Toledo. Although we all want to pretend that we were super hip when we were teenagers, at that time my musical tastes was strictly 60’s and 70’s stuff and I was just starting to get into stuff like Sonic Youth and that… So I go to this record store (was an amazing shop by the way) and this completely bad ass scary as hell band is playing in this tiny room with body’s flying around everywhere and just this ungodly noise and screaming going on and it just rocked SO hard… I was kind of scared and completely changed by it and was desperate to find more stuff like it. Every time I saw them play (and I ended up seeing them A LOT) they never disappointed. One of the best live bands of all time.
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Re: 1. Life Changing

Post by 7th_son »

I remember seeing Matthew Good Band live from very near the rail at the student union building of a local university about 10 or 11 years ago, changed my perspective on music and the live scene forever. I couldn't soak it all in fast enough.